What's new

Pakistan Shows Interest In Denel's T5-52 Self-Propelled Howitzer: Display at IDEAS 2016

No russian,north korean,british or french system that i know of...

Its US,Chinese (russian) and Turkish and local.
130 MM Gun NK/Russian
25 Pdr British
D30 Chinese
M198, M114 US
French was an old gun I forgot the name maybe 73 mm how or something
No Turkish and no local made. Wait how did you get the hint that we design local?
Edit forgot the Italian wonder 105 Pack.

Sounds stupid... why buy 2 type of SPGs when you can standardise with one..

They already bought 92 SH-1s ... and now interest is shown in T5.
Sometimes these acquisitions are entirely of political nature. Being a South African customer now may pave way for future collaboration in different projects. All states do that no harm in getting a few of these if they will rope in some other equipment or tech later.

lets see how it's pan out ... and by the by ... we must snap out of illusion that we have Sh-1 in service... it never got delivered.

Sounds stupid... why buy 2 type of SPGs when you can standardise with one..

They already bought 92 SH-1s ... and now interest is shown in T5.
You may confirm with your sources but I'm pretty sure we do not operate any. Not everything we evaluate/test is inducted. And Sipri Arms transfer database has been proved wrong on multiple occasions.

You may confirm with your sources but I'm pretty sure we do not operate any. Not everything we evaluate/test is inducted. And Sipri Arms transfer database has been proved wrong on multiple occasions.

Ive seen it personally...

The first time in 2008 when it was first sent to Arty School Nowshehra where my father was DS...

We also do not operate any Turkish guns. The Panters too were sent back. Don't exactly know the reason(s) behind.

Chinese built

Not in use.

Yes

rifht,

What?

Panter howitzers.
Difference between Chinese 130 and Korean/Russian 130s. We have both.
1. K/R 130 has horizontal sliding breech block Chinese 130 has vertical
2. Most importantly Chinese 130 fires on a Jack the other fires on wheels.
25 Pdr is still in use very much so both in training and operation requirments.
Panther was trialed and not selected it's general knowledge now.
And I have forgotten the French guns calibre.

Arty School recieved 2 guns back than... everybody was excited that a massive gun was introduced..

Was the talk of the town..:D

SH1 was a good platform , Any reason U may know or your source know? (not inducted )

We also do not operate any Turkish guns. The Panters too were sent back. Don't exactly know the reason(s) behind.
Sir last report was that Turkey devolving lighter Panthers, Maybe that's the reason .

On a lighter note : Its dam good to see one more dam good interest , looking at dozens of them from last 2 decades. :p: @Zarvan , @Ulla

Rather than buy we should make.. Why not put the money into Pak ordinance and generate jobs and reduce dependency. We need positive spiralling of education, skills and manufacturing and not negative pay through your nose and it becomes junk over a few years. Hope no graft is motivating this.

SH1 was a good platform , Any reason U may know or your source know? (not inducted )

Sir last report was that Turkey devolving lighter Panthers, Maybe that's the reason .
Well you just don't evaluate and buy, that's not how it works in the military.
Last year we received a few Chinese SP guns. They were gifted by an Arab country and were in storage at Malir Cantt. Don't know if they were restored or are still in storage.

Ive seen it personally...

The first time in 2008 when it was first sent to Arty School Nowshehra where my father was DS...
You should arrange a visit for some PDF members, and use them for target practice.

Why not Nora B-52 and G6 Rhino ???

g6_rhino.jpg
If only PA could understand what a G6 is capable of.............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom