What's new

Pakistan Shows Interest In Denel's T5-52 Self-Propelled Howitzer: Display at IDEAS 2016

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
self_1479714032.jpg

Denel T5-52 self-propelled howitzer

Pakistan has shown interest in buying Denel’s T5-52 truck-mounted self-propelled howitzer that would be displayed at the IDEAS 2016, held from 22 November in Karachi, Pakistan.

It is speculated that Pakistan would buy T5-52 howitzer in the wake of India last week having approved a $737 million purchase of BAE Systems 145 M-777 ultra-light howitzers from the US.

In 2008, the Pakistan Army had procured two SH-1 truck-mounted 155 mm howitzers from China for testing. However it is unclear if additional units had been ordered since.

Denel’s T5-52 presentation at IDEAS could mark the start of a concerted marketing and sales campaign for the system (and potentially its sibling systems) in Pakistan. If successful, it would mark the first open big-ticket sale between the South African defence giant and the Pakistani armed forces.

The Denel T5-52 is a 155 mm/52 calibre gun mounted to a Tatra T815-7 8×8 truck. The T5-52 can begin firing within one minute of the truck stopping. Its maximum range is 30 km with standard shells, 42.5 km with base bleed shells, and 55 km with velocity enhanced projectiles.

The full system weighs 38 tons and can reach a top speed of 85 km/h. In general, a truck-mounted artillery system can be used in rapid-deployment and asymmetrical combat scenarios (e.g. counterinsurgency).

Denel Group will also be exhibiting hardware and services from its other divisions, e.g. Denel Dynamics, at IDEAS. The Pakistan Air Force and Pakistan Navy had expressed interest in the A-Darter within-visual-range air-to-air missile and Umkhon to surface-to-air missile, respectively.

The M-777 deal between India and US would be signed within the next two to three weeks. The Pentagon’s Letter of Offer and Acceptance (LoA) to India is valid till November 20, but the same can be extended by another 10 to 15 days, if needed, Defense ministry officials were quoted as saying by Tehelka Thursday.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/17..._Howitzer__Display_at_IDEAS_2016#.WDLZQuZ95PY

Sounds stupid... why buy 2 type of SPGs when you can standardise with one..

They already bought 92 SH-1s ... and now interest is shown in T5.
so SH-1 is in service? its never been made clear if it passed the trials or not.

india was set to buy this very gun mounted on tata chassis but the deal didn't go through. what if this gun is purchased and placed on a chassis of our liking?

so SH-1 is in service? its never been made clear if it passed the trials or not.

xy7eV97.png

india was set to buy this very gun mounted on tata chassis but the deal didn't go through. what if this gun is purchased and placed on a chassis of our liking?

Thats not an issue... the guns can be mounted on Yasoobs or the North Benz movers being produced by HIT.

I wonder possibly the reason is to use the Denel Gun with some special Ammo. Again that is just my thinking!
What special ammo u r thinking? Don't tell about micro mini nuclear warheads because that wpuld be consider a zealous stupidity to even think about it.
Next u may come up with. 30 nuclear round.

What special ammo u r thinking? Don't tell about micro mini nuclear warheads because that wpuld be consider a zealous stupody to even think about it.
why are you jumping down my throat? I am allowed to speak my mind and I did.

View attachment 354016

Thats not an issue... the guns can be mounted on Yasoobs or the North Benz movers being produced by HIT.
Sir Pakistan is already testing T5-52 and Serbian Artillery Gun one would be selected.

What special ammo u r thinking? Don't tell about micro mini nuclear warheads because that wpuld be consider a zealous stupidity to even think about it.
He is talking about laser guided artillery rounds which we are using on LOC to take out Indian posts

Sir Pakistan is already testing T5-52 and Serbian Artillery Gun one would be selected.

He is talking about laser guided artillery rounds which we are using on LOC to take out Indian posts
Not laser guided since mortars can't be fire straight like tanks or guns but we are using GPS based guidance system my dear defence expert.

Yes he is referring to that
He is talking about ammo special ammo ask him what he meant for that.
Any ways we already have capability to retro fit kits to our existing systems but if P.A is showing interest there must be some good offer lets see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom