What's new

Pakistan should have attacked India during the Sino-Indian War of 1962

He attacked India three years later.

Pure opportunism after he saw how China defeated India.

Before that, he was siding with India. He only changed his mind after he saw how easily we won, and he wanted to take advantage of India's weakness.

Didn't turn out so well for him, as it usually goes with this kind of opportunism.

Before that, he was siding with India. He only changed his mind after he saw how easily we won, and he wanted to take advantage of India's weakness.
Didn't turn out so well for him, as it usually goes with this kind of opportunism.

I believe that's conspiracy theory. Pakistan joined the CENTO and SEATO because India was a bigger powerful neighbour and they always had extreme obsession for Kashmir. India-Pakistan relations went bad within 1 months of Independence. Having softcorner for India sounds like a pure crap.

I believe that's conspiracy theory. Pakistan joined the CENTO and SEATO because India was a bigger powerful neighbour and they always had extreme obsession for Kashmir. India-Pakistan relations went bad within 1 months of Independence. Having softcorner for India sounds like a pure crap.

It is from Pakistan's own history. Check the Dawn history article that I posted in the first page, post #9.

When China and India first started having armed clashes, Ayub Khan made an offer of an India-Pakistan joint-defence against China.

He could have attacked with us during 1962, but instead he chose to go against us and forfeited the hope of claiming Kashmir.

india would not win any war with pakistan after 2013 .....so 2013 is the best for india ...prediction by all swaaamis pundits jotasheees of india :woot:

It is from Pakistan's own history. Check the Dawn history article that I posted in the first page, post #9.

When China and India first started having armed clashes, Ayub Khan made an offer of an India-Pakistan joint-defence against China.

He could have attacked with us during 1962, but instead he chose to go against us and forfeited the hope of claiming Kashmir.

I want to know how was this so called news exposed because it sounds extremely impossible. Pakistan offering help to India can never happen. India-Pakistan rivalry started within one month of independence over the issue of 3 princely states -Junagadh, Hyderabad and Kashmir. Pakistan wanted all three of them but in the last got none of them except small area of Kashmir and tensions remained continued for next 66 years.

Bhutto tricked Ayub Khan to attack India by making him feel that Kashmiris are ready for a revolt and India is weak after 1962 war and after Tashkent agreement, started a movement against his downfall.

I want to know how was this so called news exposed because it sounds extremely impossible. Pakistan offering help to India can never happen. India-Pakistan rivalry started within one month of independence over the issue of 3 princely states -Junagadh, Hyderabad and Kashmir. Pakistan wanted all three of them but in the last got none of them except small area of Kashmir and tensions remained continued for next 66 years.

Bhutto tricked Ayub Khan to attack India by making him feel that Kashmiris are ready for a revolt and India is weak after 1962 war and after Tashkent agreement, started a movement against his downfall.

How should I know? This is a part of South Asian history, as in the Dawn article I posted.

It's all backed up by letters and historical documents, it mentions them right there in the article.

We asked them to help us fight India in 1962 but they did not. Obviously, since they did not turn up for the battle.

If they did turn up for battle in 1962, I guess we must have missed it.

India could have used POWs from 71 as hostages to force Pakistan out of Kashmir!They lost their chance too!

So many Pakistani on this forum claim for victories in wars with India :lol:

By Pakistani version of history (not real one) Pakistan won 65 war ...If you could yourself won that war then why need China ??

Because despite all your lecturing towards me, it turns out you were an ethnic Indian all along, and your ancestors came from Gujarat in India.

Remember what the word "motherland" means? The land/country of your ancestors.

That's fine we can win it ourselves without a problem.

And Pakistan's leaders will forfeit the opportunity once again. Though I hope they are smart enough to do something different this time.

No but he was born in India. Same as how Manmohan Singh was born in Pakistan, and still harbors friendly feelings towards his ancestral lands.

u do realize that ultimately its Pak Army who will take decision. So even though Politicians maybe sell out but our Army has and will have different plans. Forget abt Ayub Khan, he was a western Agent so his sympathy for india was because of $$$ from west.

Anyways its not 62 anymore nor is ayub khan is the head of armed forces. The CAOS who is now and other core of army r very frustrated from West. So realistically there is a very little chance.

By Pakistani version of history (not real one) Pakistan won 65 war ...If you could yourself won that war then why need China ??

Pakistan did won that war eventually.

if we wanted to attack u first then we would have done in 62. But u had attacked us in 65 so we were forced to defend ourselves.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/192770-how-pakistan-helped-india-during-1962-war-china.html

Why didn't Pakistan attack India during the Sino-Indian War of 1962.

Pakistan could have delivered a decisive blow against the Indians and India lacked the ability to fight a two front war.

Instead we appeared to help India fight off China.

A lost opportunity

How Pakistan helped India during 1962 war with China - Rediff.com News

It is called revisionist "history." All those what-if's of history like if Hitler were not born or stopped in his tracks in 1939, if US had not entered either WW's etc. etc. How about if India had COMPLETELY broken up Pak in 1971! How does that sound? Stop all these fantasies and wet dreams. There is nothing Pak can/could/will be able to do. You will be lucky if you come out in a single piece after the current war which is highly doubtful.

I have heard about it, there was an offer India and Pakistan jointly defend Chinese, but India rejected the offer, India prefered a non alliance policy.

No we could not, without foreign assistance after all you had the edge in size i.e 5:1
but let me assure you,we did ---- a country after carrying out a full fledged attack on lahore in the mid of night going for signing tashkent proposal actually seemed to be a loser!

No we could not, without foreign assistance after all you had the edge in size i.e 5:1
but let me assure you,we did ---- a country after carrying out a full fledged attack on lahore in the mid of night going for signing tashkent proposal actually seemed to be a loser!

From taking over Kashmir (op Gibraltar) to defending Lahore, you need to consider who started where and finished where.

Back
Top Bottom