What's new

Pakistan should develop Missile Defence System

Pakistan should develop or purchase THAAD or SAM 3 type of Missile Defence System

• Yes

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is a slim chance that Missile based ABMs would effectively work. India's project is a big waste of money - thats why the US is working on effective laser based ABM.

Even the US's missile based ABM are not capable of shooting down ancient era ballistic system all the time. The more modern Israeli Arrow failed against missiles a lot less capable than the Iranian Shahab series. You think India which should be several generations behind both of them, can take on Pakistani missiles like the Shaheen series? For that matter I don't think Pakistan can build anything missile based that would take on India's missiles either.

If Pakistan has the money, efforts should be spent only on similar laser based projects, everything else is a waste of money

Did you know that the Laser beam missile shield project has failed and has been abandoned? Even Pentagon failed to succeed in developing the Airborne Lase after spending more money on it than Pakistan's annual Budget,and yet you say that this is the only way forward for Pakistan on Missile defense..I am surprised.
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/09/missile-beats-flying-lightsaber-in-crucial-test/

Last edited by a moderator:
if it can afford it then yes , its a very credible threat to the neighbourhood pakistan is in.

there have been certain talks going around this topic, it is somtimes reported that Pakistan have infact acheived this technological milestone.
it is not reported in official statements so nothing can be claimed.about this.
however i think MIRV and SAm are two different systems all together.
the ballistic missiles are almost a last ditch deterence move whereas SAM are a truey anti aggression move.
no one will want the Ballistic missiles to go into action, even if a war breaks out. it is total destruction..

SAM can help protect key installation and also give limited anti ballistic missile sheild. both these technologies are important in there own place..

regards!

Yes i am aware of this news, achieving MIRV capability. In fact i read it in Jang news. The authenticity of this however cannot be claimed.

There is a slim chance that Missile based ABMs would effectively work. India's project is a big waste of money - thats why the US is working on effective laser based ABM.

Even the US's missile based ABM are not capable of shooting down ancient era ballistic system all the time. The more modern Israeli Arrow failed against missiles a lot less capable than the Iranian Shahab series. You think India which should be several generations behind both of them, can take on Pakistani missiles like the Shaheen series? For that matter I don't think Pakistan can build anything missile based that would take on India's missiles either.

If Pakistan has the money, efforts should be spent only on similar laser based projects, everything else is a waste of money

You are really funny.In practical till now India's tested ABM success rate is 100%.By the way can u tell me how many tests pak army did for Shaheen? In war u don't need to be 100% successful.But each and every missile ABM kills gives huge advantage to the host nation. Most importantly it gives a great strategic advantage against those nuclear blackmailing. Because now hostile nation don't really know if its nuclear missile would really pass through the ABM.If it's not than in retaliation it will be destroyed because of its miss adventure, even before it hurts the enemy.

Laser based solution is more effective and through this(once developed fully) u can guarantee neutralizing MRIV missiles. Apart from that laser based ABM solution are aimed to kill missiles in their boost phase, when the missiles r still on host nation.

Back
Top Bottom