What's new

'Pakistan should be isolated for supporting terror'-says Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal

Status
Not open for further replies.
ou have no idea what you are talking about... Read some books, not Wikipedia...

I've read a few different sources on it over the years. Mostly online, but not Wikipedia. However, I certainly don't claim to be an expert on the topic.

Aligarh Movement and All India Muhammadan Educational Conference were completely apolitical. Sir Syed Ahmed Khan didn't have any political aspirations; his prime objective was a social enlightenment among the Muslims who were, educationally and economically, quite backward.

While it's true that the All India Muhammadan Educational Conference was initially formed only to educate and advance Muslims, it was this very organization that spawned the political activism and the Muslim League that would later result in the creation Pakistan.

And I feel you are being a bit unfair to Syed Ahmed Khan. Although he didn't have any political aspirations himself, he helped cultivate a political Muslim identity that was completely separate from Hindus. He refused to join the Congress Party, and dissuaded other Muslims from doing so. The All India Muhammadan Educational Conference he established eventually became much more than just an apolitical educational movement.

The idea that Muslims are separate from Hindus first emerged during the partition of Bengal in 1905. The British wanted to create a separate province out of the Muslim-dominated East Bengal to ensure socio-economic progress of this region but was met with severe criticism from Bengali Hindus.

That may have been the true for Bengal. However, you are being willfully ignorant if you think that all the Muslims of northern India only began to see themselves as separate from Hindus because of the partition of Bengal. While I don't doubt that it was a very important event that galvanized the community, to say that it alone led to the idea that Muslims and Hindus were two completely separate groups is absurd.

the need for a separate political party for Muslims was felt and Muslim League was eventually formed in Dhaka in 1906.

Yes, and although it was founded in Dhaka, most of its leaders were not Bengali.

Taking nothing away from them, but Jinnah and other leaders from West Pakistan actually started their political career through Congress despite the existence of Muslim League, which means they were largely unionists. They only joined ML only after having some personal disputes with other Congress leaders...

I don't believe Allama Iqbal ever joined the Congress Party. He, along with others, spearheaded the movement before Jinnah. And of course, he called for a merger of the provinces that make up present-day Pakistan in Allahabad at an All-India Muslim League session in 1930:

"I would like to see the Punjab, North West Frontier Province, Sind and Baluchistan amalgamated into a single state. Self government within the British empire without the British empire, the formation of a consolidated North West Indian Muslim State appears to me to be the final destiny of the Muslims at least of North West India."

The Muslim League/Pakistan Movement was obviously very fluid. It evolved over time. Many different people, events, and ideas influenced it. The details can be debated for an eternity. It's not a discussion I'm particularly interested in. I will leave you to debate it with members who are more interested and more knowledgeable about it than myself.

I was only responding to two people who claimed that Bengalis alone "created" Pakistan, and that Jinnah (whatever his history) was just someone who happened to be in the right place at the right time. Nothing could be further from the truth. That was the only thing I wanted to comment on.

Last edited:
i dont think this dog deserve 12 pages of glorification.. just ignore this type of news..

@BDforever Plz tag wajsal in the thread. I had complained to him in ghq but received no response. Also report friendlytroll_96

Why dont you scums leave us alone, did we Pakistani invited you on our forums? do you see any Pakistani roaming on bengalis sites and whining for attention of bengali mods?

Because this thread was started by a Pakistani regarding a stupid statement made by a Bengali.

Why dont you scums leave us alone, did we Pakistani invited you on our forums? do you see any Pakistani roaming on bengalis sites and whining for attention of bengali mods?
Shut the fk up

Lets invoke the words of Michelle Obama. When they go low we go high. Lets try to implement that and refrain from vulgarity.

guys what the hell is going on here ?
do bangalis are happy to become bangladesh ? yes they are .
do we pakistanis happy to get rid of bengal ? yes we are
the way they were split was wrong but common man it was only 24 years in all of the history they lived with us. now its almost twice time 45 years passed . get a life now forget those days and live in modern world . with respect and peace .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom