What's new

Pakistan Sets Eyes on China’s New J-35 Fighter Jet

Besides, no other competitors would sleep and are waiting for your development.

That's the fact as well. I don't think as the leadership will be asleep knowing the fact that rivals aren't going to take a break. Its the matter of survive & safety. I heard somewhere that we have progressed with sub-system production in house. No doubt PAC has learnt a lot and still going forward. We started with JV and so will move to self reliance. In the meantime, we will be working with China as well. We can collaborate with Turkey in different areas and I am sure, we are doing so.

I believe he was talking about start with replacing subsystems in JF17 with Pakistan own products or take over the R&D of it NOW.
Like China did at the beginning with its own aviation.
It's our mindset of doing things so I can understand what he was referring hehehe

I can't ignore the fact that we aren't doing nothing in this area. Progress is discussed sometimes and concern officials are on the task without any break. I am really hoping to see that someday, we are going to produce Thunder with maximum output by our own including subsystems. Radar work was discussed that Friend(s) helping and so in other areas.

I don't think PAF will go for FC31 and I also doubt FC31 will become AZM. I don't have any insider news this analysis is based on information available on this forum. We have two members @airomerix and @messiach both confirm that Pakistan is working with China on AZM. Further @messiach said that the same team which worked on JF-17 is working on AZM, she also alluded that AZM will use WS10 engines. So unless CAC have joined FC31 program and is going to use WS10 engines it's not AZM.

... she also alluded that AZM will use WS10 engines. ....

Really? AFAIK this was not what she said? ... but I would be happy to be wrong. Do you remember her exact wording?

I believe he was talking about start with replacing subsystems in JF17 with Pakistan own products or take over the R&D of it NOW.
Like China did at the beginning with its own aviation.
It's our mindset of doing things so I can understand what he was referring hehehe
I doubt this is possible

you gotta have fifth generation aircraft in few years.. keep on working on Azm for mass production of stealth fighter to replace jf 17 in 15 years, meanwhile pakistan has to get 2 to 3 SQ of stealth fighters
Azm (Possibly a J-31 version) and JF-17 (further upgradations and blocks) are PAF's predictable future. All else will hopefully be retired.

Really? AFAIK this was not what she said? ... but I would be happy to be wrong. Do you remember her exact wording?

Why do you need the exact wording---has your agency ordered it---?

That is really a strange question---.

Last edited:
WS series whats the update yes i pretty much know what you are referring to ,but question remains WS reliability

It is surely okay to have questions. But since we haven’t got report of problem outbreak since WS13 haven’t been installed to JF-17. So let’s don’t be so sure. Previous many people had questions about JF-17. We should have faith my friend;)

Well, It is confirmed. And WS-13 is highly related to WS-12. And WS-13 is possibly relevant to JF-17, so....

WS-12 is what? Best rumor I heard it is the non-reheat version of the WS-13 for the GJ-11 ... but anyway then a WS-12 is irrelevant to the JF-17.

It is surely okay to have questions. But since we haven’t got report of problem outbreak since WS13 haven’t been installed to JF-17. So let’s don’t be so sure. Previous many people had questions about JF-17. We should have faith my friend;)

Well, It is confirmed. And WS-13 is highly related to WS-12. And WS-13 is possibly relevant to JF-17, so....

My Dear Chinese Friend!
No one believes in WS-13 for another Century unless Chinese themselves use it first in their own inventory and matures it. Specially, a country like Pakistan who in midst of Wars around, there is no time to start from Zero.

Last edited:
My Dear Chinese Friend!
No one believes in WS-13 for another Century unless Chinese themselves use it first in their own inventory and matures it. Specially, a country like Pakistan who in midst of Wars around, there is no time to start from Zero.
The Chinese might use the WS-13 to initially power the J-35 fighter prototypes before WS-19 is ready ... but besides that there is no use for the WS-13 currently in the PLAAF. The main focus is by far on the WS-15, and to a lesser extent the WS-19, WS-10, and WS-20.

WS-12 is what? Best rumor I heard it si the non-reheat version for the GJ-11 ... but anyway a WS-12 is irrelevant to the JF-17.

WS-12 is relatively irrelevant. But it’s kinda like the cousin u r not familiar with, but still your cousin.

AVIC Liyang company started the WS12 “Tianshan” project in 1989. The push-to-weight ratio is 8. Max thrust is 8 tons. It was designed specifically for J-14. But with the purchase of SU-27, no more J-14. But WS-12 didn’t not stop. At that point of time, 3 key technology were successfully developed, high-pressure compressor, combustion chamber, high-pressure turbine. After the establishment of WS-12 project, the core machine was successfully developed on January 14, 1994, and the development of the overall verification machine began in 1997. The first verification machine was assembled in 1999 and reached the stage of bench test. Unfortunately, at that time, the future combination of fighter jets planned by the PLAAF was J-10 and J-11. Both fighters only needed WS-10 Taihang. WS-12 The original installed target like J-14 has already been discontinued. WS-12, which has no installed target under the balance, was terminated in 1999, and more resources were concentrated on WS-10. In general, WS-12 has been very advanced in design at that time and manufacturing processes during the ten years of research and development, and its comprehensive performance has reached the level of US F-404 and French M-88.

These are pretty well-known information in Chinese internet community. If u r interested, I can share more information with u about the relationship between WS13, WS13, RD93.

My Dear Chinese Friend!

Absolutely right, for a nation that face far closer danger of war, the products provided for PAF must be reliable. BUT, that’s why I say we should have faith. JF-17 is not used by PLAAF. Does that make JF-17 a bad jet? And don’t even mention before 2011, u tell people “China will have 5th gen jet in 2011”. They say “u r crazy”.

One more thing, the second 5th gen jet developed from FC31 will be ready before WS19. So using WS13 is inevitable. So after all it’s going to be used by China anyway, including those drones as well.

WS-12 is relatively irrelevant. But it’s kinda like the cousin u r not familiar with, but still your cousin.

AVIC Liyang company started the WS12 “Tianshan” project in 1989. The push-to-weight ratio is 8. Max thrust is 8 tons. It was designed specifically for J-14. But with the purchase of SU-27, no more J-14. But WS-12 didn’t not stop. At that point of time, 3 key technology were successfully developed, high-pressure compressor, combustion chamber, high-pressure turbine. After the establishment of WS-12 project, the core machine was successfully developed on January 14, 1994, and the development of the overall verification machine began in 1997. The first verification machine was assembled in 1999 and reached the stage of bench test. Unfortunately, at that time, the future combination of fighter jets planned by the PLAAF was J-10 and J-11. Both fighters only needed WS-10 Taihang. WS-12 The original installed target like J-14 has already been discontinued. WS-12, which has no installed target under the balance, was terminated in 1999, and more resources were concentrated on WS-10. In general, WS-12 has been very advanced in design at that time and manufacturing processes during the ten years of research and development, and its comprehensive performance has reached the level of US F-404 and French M-88.

These are pretty well-known information in Chinese internet community. If u r interested, I can share more information with u about the relationship between WS13, WS13, RD93.

Please go ahead ... but better here in this thread:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chinese-aero-engine-information-thread.300409/page-73

Back
Top Bottom