What's new

Pakistan seeks int’l help to deal with terrorists

India should help Pakistan on counter terrorism......India has decent experience in counter terrorism operations (than any other country).....

Are you telling me your country has not used terrorism as a tool to further certain causes? the fact is that it has failed at achieving those goals and ended up shooting it self in the foot.
The state in which Pakistan faces today is a result of it own short sighted policies.
Jingoism is seldom a replacement for concrete action.
pakistan supports rebels fighting for freedom not terrorists who kill innocent people

pakistan supports rebels fighting for freedom not terrorists who kill innocent people

Your logic would take a U turn if someone says TTP, BLA, BRA, LEJ, Sipah etc are rebels not terrorists..wouldnt it?

Rebels for you are terrorists for others.

Osama, Al Qaeda, ISIS, FSA, Boko Haram, JUD, LET etc are heroes for many but terrorists for others.

And who is going to take a country negotiation with terrorist serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pakistan has called for international help for strengthening national government’s capacity to deal with terrorist groups, as also to protect seats of education and learning targeted by the militants.
In a speech at the United Nations, Ambassador Masood Khan also reiterated his government's call for the cessation of American drone strikes, saying they infringe the rights of children to life, education and development.
"Attacks on schools endanger students and teachers, destroy the premises and deprive children of their right to education," the Pakistani envoy said while participating in a debate on Children and Armed Conflict. "Such attacks are perpetrated by terrorists and other armed groups who do not respect national laws and international norms."
Around the world, thousands of boys and girls are recruited into government forces and armed opposition groups to serve as combatants, cooks, porters, messengers or in other roles, according to the UN. Girls – and sometimes boys – are also recruited for sexual purposes.
"The international community should strengthen the hands of national governments to deal with (terrorist) groups and to protect seats of education and learning," Masood Khan said.
In any case, he said, military use of schools should be strictly prohibited. UN peace-keeping missions could play a vital role in the protection of children in situations of armed conflict.
The Pakistani envoy said that children need to be protected and nurtured through better education, proper nourishment and moral guidance. Education was an enabler, an emancipator and by far the most effective answer to armed conflicts, he said.

Pakistan seeks int’l help to deal with terrorists

Summary: Give us more money while we do whatever we want or not.

@qamar1990: My friend, we are making ourselves fool, that much is understandable. However, we cant keep making others fool, especially for ever. Please do not bring Kashmir into this, we Pakistani are playing on a very weak wicket on this particular issue. Supporting insurgency in Kashmir is not only immoral but also against the religious guidelines. In fact, Moulana Moududi (the founder of Jamaat Islami) had apposed it (supporting insurgency) on solid religious grounds and was arrested and jailed. But time has proven his stance correct. Before you turn your guns at me to shoot, I will very sincerely suggest you to go through the following:

There Can be No Jihad in Kashmir

If you are still not convinced, you can bash me as much you like.

Mind you, I am not suggesting that we should not support Kashmiris, we should. However, we should support them to improve their education and their socio-economic status. Let them actively take part in politics, one day, they could achieve autonomy like Ireland. Or if not, at least they will get assimilated in the system, in which at this point of time, they are living like aliens. Muslims are not living in Kashmir alone, there are living throughout India. If it is about Muslim brotherhood, why we only talk about Kashmiris and not the rest of the Indian Muslims? Something doesn't look right here, do you agree?

Take care.

Last edited:
Oh! The irony.. I understand that TODAY, Pakistan needs that help, but if you look at Pakistan's role in Terrorism landscape in the area over last few decades, this call is an epitome of irony :)

Don't confuse yourself with assistance to militants versus terrorist Talibans.

Mind you, I am not suggesting that we should not support Kashmiris, we should. However, we should support them to improve their education and their socio-economic status. Let them actively take part in politics, one day, they could achieve autonomy like Ireland. Or if not, at least they will get assimilated in the system, in which at this point of time, they are living like aliens. Muslims are not living in Kashmir alone, there are living throughout India. If it is about Muslim brotherhood, why we only talk about Kashmiris and not the rest of the Indian Muslims? Something doesn't look right here, do you agree?

Take care.

Frankly, since 1989 and especially so now, it is Pakistan's interference that is preventing those reddened statements from happening. In the 80s the central govt of India behaved atrociously, dismissing the popularly elected govt and rigging elections for political purposes, thus shattering the faith of Kashmiris in the democratic process. Pakistan took advantage of the resentment Kashmiris felt at that time, and began supporting insurgents that had cropped up. I wouldn't blame Pakistan until that point, because weakening the enemy state is what they were trying to do, just as India did in 1971. What happened later is where Pakistan is in the wrong.

Once it was obvious that an insurgency was not going to succeed in breaking away from India, Pakistan (with Hamid Gul as the head of the ISI) began to bring Pakistani and Aghan and Arab and Uzbek fighters - veterans of the Soviet-Afghan war - into Kashmir. This attempt not only hijacked the insurgency, but it lost all popular support. After all, these foreign jihadis were less Kashmiri than people from other parts of India. What began as a struggle by Kashmiris for independece suddenly became a holy war in the name of islam. The support from the locals eroded, and India found it very easy to quell the insurgency. (Insurgencies cannot succeed when fought by foreigners.) Then we put a wall on the LoC, and raised a world class counter insurgency force to saturate the place, and foreign fighters could no longer enter Kashmir; and locals by now were more interested in development, so the insurgency is all but dead.

But what those frustrated jihadis did to Pakistan is another matter altogether. In Pakistan society was already radicalized by Zia's policies, and the jihadis found a sympathetic population to live among and thrive among. They started jihading Pakistan itself. By thhe 2000s, Pakistani and Indian societies were very different - Indians (of any religion) wanted nothing to do with foreign jihadis, but Pakistanis (many of them) worshipped them as heroes. Which is why fighting them was easy for India, but difficult for Pakistan.

If the past two decades were not so strife torn for Kashmir, the Kashmiris would have been a lot better off. However that will happen over the next decade or two - now that we have set up a mechanism where it is impossible for anybody to create large scale trouble, it is inevitable that Kashmir will become more prosperous, and Kashmiris will be drawn into the democratic process more and more. The stupidities that the congress party did in the 80s will not be repeated, India as a whole has matured too much for such things to b allowed.

But I doubt if that is what Pakistanis really want. Not you, but most others are wishing to create disturbances in Kashmir to keep up the charade that Kashmir should be ''liberated''. A prosperous, peaceful Kashmir will go against their narrative of evil India oppressing good muslims of Kashmir, and all of them waiting expectantly for Pakistani heroes to come and rescue them.

The old good militants versus bad militants distinction that has been the bane of Pakistan's non-existent resolve to eliminate terrorism.

Last edited:
The only confused party around this is Pakistan and Pakistanis who can not refrain from making the distinction between good and bad terrorists..

Well, LeT, AT, etc are militants to you but terrorists to a lot of other folks.. Just like BLA is a militant to a lot folks, but terrorists for you.. So you can go to and fro about whether a group is militant or terrorist depending on who you ask.The common denominator is the methodology or a UNSC designation. With that, you can try and distinguish between AT and TTP as much as you want, at the end of the day, both are terror outfits, just like most of the Pakistani sponsored groups in Kashmir like LeT, JeM, HuM etc..

Speak to Chechnya and the way they dealt with their problem. Very similar to Pakistan. Hordes of foreign fighters, stirring up some locals, bringing with them extremist Salfist ideals and turning on anyone who didn't agree with them.

They now lie six feet under or in some cases many of their bodies will not be found. The region is at peace.

we need gunship heli;s to counter terrorism .. may be they are talking for that help

i respect your thought and opinions but when it comes to kashmir i have opinions of thoughts of my own
My friend, we are making ourselves fool, that much is understandable. However, we cant keep making others fool, especially for ever.
i am not making my self a fool nor am i trying to make anybody else a fool.
i don't lie about kashmir, except once when i exaggerated the number of Kashmiris killed lol.
by highlighting issues concerning kashmir we are not trying to fool anybody but in fact simply just trying to raise awareness.
i am not funding kashmiris rebels nor am i fighting with them against india. i am doing my part in a cause i think is worth arguing for.
Please do not bring Kashmir into this, we Pakistani are playing on a very weak wicket on this particular issue. Supporting insurgency in Kashmir is not only immoral but also against the religious guidelines.
i didn't bring kashmiris into this conversation i simply replying to a indian on this forum who was saying that pakistan spread terrorism in india so it seemed ironic to him that we are asking for help and i simply replied to him that pakistan doesn't support terrorism because kashmiri rebels are not terrorist but simply pakistanis under occupation from india who have reflected indian rule from day one and have been fighting for their freedom since. kashmiris don't go around killing innocent people their main targets are indian army who have basically created the biggest open air prison in the world with hundreds of check posts at every corner and 700,000 troops stationed in their small state.
how can it be immorral to support the kashmiris in their fight against a tyrant country? around 50,000 kashmiris have died in this struggle. i am not saying that kashmir should be pakistanis number one concern. our number one concern in mainland pakistan that is not under occupation and we need to tackle the terrorists who are fighting against us. pakistan needs to support kashmir even more after these terrorists are under control because it is indians who are supporting these terrorists who kill our women and children.

In fact, Moulana Moududi (the founder of Jamaat Islami) had apposed it (supporting insurgency) on solid religious grounds and was arrested and jailed. But time has proven his stance correct. Before you turn your guns at me to shoot, I will very sincerely suggest you to go through the following:

There Can be No Jihad in Kashmir
kashmir is not just about religious grounds or whatever you want to call it. its immoral for us not to support it.
kashmiris are citizens of pakistan it is our "farz" to support them. they call themselves pakistanis they wave pakistani flags not indian flags. they root for pakistan not india. half of kashmir is already with us. pakistan needs to solve this issue with india. indian can keep jammu and pakistan gets all of kashmir.

If you are still not convinced, you can bash me as much you like.

Mind you, I am not suggesting that we should not support Kashmiris, we should. However, we should support them to improve their education and their socio-economic status. Let them actively take part in politics, one day, they could achieve autonomy like Ireland.
i don't disagree with this part. but doing would mean accepting indias right to rule over kashmir which is immoral. both india and pakistan should do a vote on both of its kashmirs on weather they want to be india or pakistan or be independent.
Or if not, at least they will get assimilated in the system, in which at this point of time, they are living like aliens.
kashmiris don't want to part of the system. they have rejected for 67 years you think they will accept it now?
if they ask for our help why should we deny it?

Muslims are not living in Kashmir alone, there are living throughout India. If it is about Muslim brotherhood, why we only talk about Kashmiris and not the rest of the Indian Muslims? Something doesn't look right here, do you agree?

yes true but you have forgotten that muslims in india chose to stay with india while muslims in kashmir wanted to be with pakistan. so it looks alright to me. its not even about being muslims its about being pakistanis. if my Kashmiris brothers want to be with pakistan then i will support their cause for freedom.

Take care.
ok you too my friend

Your logic would take a U turn if someone says TTP, BLA, BRA, LEJ, Sipah etc are rebels not terrorists..wouldnt it?

Rebels for you are terrorists for others.

Osama, Al Qaeda, ISIS, FSA, Boko Haram, JUD, LET etc are heroes for many but terrorists for others.
they wouldn't be terrorists if they weren't killing innocent women and children but unfortunately they are killing innocent women and children. india has a habit of supporting such terrorists in its neighboring countries.

And who is going to take a country negotiation with terrorist serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

US that has been fighting Ts and AQ in Afghan and else where for almost a decade is these days negotiating with them.

And in Syria, providing them with financial (and suspected weapons) aid, who takes it serious? Well almost all of west does

US that has been fighting Ts and AQ in Afghan and else where for almost a decade is these days negotiating with them.

And in Syria, providing them with financial (and suspected weapons) aid, who takes it serious? Well almost all of west does

L O L US isn't effected by terrorism pakistan is.

L O L US isn't effected by terrorism pakistan is.

US interests internationally are effected though. But that still doesn't explain why its ok for a super power to negotiate but not ok for Pakistan.

I am all for blowing up Ts where you can find them, but an even effective weapon is breaking organization into two or more then turning them against each other. They both die fighting each other. Heard of the phrase 1 arrow 2 hits?

Back
Top Bottom