AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Seeks Attack Helicopters From US

Reference:
Pakistan Seeks Attack Helicopters From US

Pakistan is seeking attack helicopters and heavy weaponry worth $2.5 billion from the US to take the war against Al Qaeda into the mountains bordering Afghanistan, a report said on Wednesday.

"I have been ambassador here for two years, and all I have to show for it is eight second hand Mi-17 transport helicopters for a war that requires helicopters to root out Al Qaeda and the Taliban," Pakistan's ambassador said.

"Military operations would have been quicker and much easier to plan and execute if we had the equipment. We have had tremendous attrition and a lot of loss of lives because of not having the right equipment."

Pakistan has a $2.5 billion wish list which includes

a) AH-1W
b) Apache-64-D
c) armed helicopters such as the AH-6 and MD-530 Little Bird
d) UH-60 Black Hawk
e) CH-47 D Chinook
f) UH-1Y Huey.

Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell said the US government was aware of its ally's needs.

ah6jlittlebird01gy3.jpg

uh60_13.jpg

CH47D_D663.jpg

thebaynet_uh1y2_h.jpg

md530_2.jpg

ah1w-070517ars.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
If Pakistani authorities concerned, have any shreds of dignity they will do whatever it takes to acquire these helis. For the love of God, we have suffered some irreparable losses all because of this WOT & the least these Americans can do is give us the equipment that we need, since we all know where the monetary aid winds up, so its better to acquire something which will be beneficial to the entire country

We don't need US made products .... If we depend on them this much you might aswell say we are there puppets .... Ian shire turkey will love to give us ATACK and there varients of black hawk ... If we want to relay on US there only one reason to relay on them and that is nothing

hahahah the biggest point of concern for all the indian members. Let my answer you this way
How did pakistan manage to acquire f-16's, cobras, C-130'S, frigates, submarines, SAM's, Tanks, UAV's etc.

Mr. Great SENIOR MEMBER, That discussion would be to long for me because Each one has to be scrutinized, but I will do you one great favor, Which is, Answer the orginal question of, Where would Pakistan get the Money to Buy?

Mr. Great SENIOR MEMBER, That discussion would be to long for me because Each one has to be scrutinized, but I will do you one great favor, Which is, Answer the orginal question of, Where would Pakistan get the Money to Buy?

we have now more than 16 Billion USD in our kitty.....and you know what even when we had 8 to 9 billion of reserves....the military payments were made in preference.....even today....millitary payments are made very frequently....so dont worry.....its our concern and we will handle it...

When they will be willing to give them to Pakistan, Pakistanis will sort out several ways to procure them,like they always do. i don't think its something that obscure

we have now more than 16 Billion USD in our kitty.....and you know what even when we had 8 to 9 billion of reserves....the military payments were made in preference.....even today....millitary payments are made very frequently....so dont worry.....its our concern and we will handle it...

Country Reserves are not used for usual purchase. they are used for purchasing oil & etc. If Paf need this helos they can get by AID only. Due to shortage of funds. they will spend the money in JF-17 & J-10. Dnt Dream about using reserves . Country which uses reserves are in danger when war is broken out.

Last edited:
Pakistan has a $2.5 billion wish list which includes

a) AH-1W
b) Apache-64-D
c) armed helicopters such as the AH-6 and MD-530 Little Bird
d) UH-60 Black Hawk
e) CH-47 D Chinook
f) UH-1Y Huey.

this is exactly what it is a "wish list"!!! thats all. what we will end up getting will be entirely different.

BTW my "wish list" includes a ferrari and a rolex watch but i have to settle for a honda and a timex - get my drift!!!

My friend you have no idea of what are you talking about, let me give you an example of some economics:

Pakistan remains dependent on IMF and other international assistance for budgetary support and to keep the country more or less solvent. So far, Pakistan has met some of the IMF benchmarks, most recently implementing a 13.6% increase in electricity prices in January 2010. In 2009, Pakistan also received $2.11 billion in aid from the “Friends of Pakistan” group of allies, who pledged $5.7 billion in total.

Pakistan

So, are we talking about the goodies or survival???

I just don't understand why are some of you indian members always so concerned where we are gona get the funds to buy anything ? why is there a major itch & loose of sleep for you people mind your own business iam sick of this .. we will buy what we need and we need it incase you didn't know there is war inside of Pakistan therefore, the dirty work we are doing for the americans needs eqp and funds we loose lives everyday to assure that we don't loose lives or to a min we need arms to fight and to safeguard or land and its people now plzz if you got nothing better to say on this topic other then to hate then go somewhere else.

Yar again USA i don't understand why our government don't realize that USA is not a sincere country and will never give these items om wish list. So they must give a kick to US products and must go for Turkish, Chiness and german products...

Indian trolling in full swing.

Why do you care where the money comes from?

We covered/are covering F-16s, JF-17s, J-10B with our own money. Does IAF tell you where the money is coming from?

Back
Top Bottom