What's new

Pakistan seeking more F-16s, new aircrafts to match India's defence purchases: Report

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan seeking more F-16s, new aircrafts to match India's defence purchases: Report
(Reuters)
Tue, 15 Mar 2016-12:54pm , PTI
Pakistan is trying to get more F-16s from the US as well as looking towards countries like Russia and France for new aircraft to replace old ones to match India's defence purchases, according to a report.

Jane's Defence Weekly reported this week that Pakistan would seek to purchase ten F-16 additional planes from the United States if the current deal for eight of these fighter jets is successfully concluded.

Dawn quoted the Jane's Defence Weekly that Pakistan wants new 16C/D Block 52 multi-role fighters, which are equipped with precision strike capability, as it would enhance its capability to reduce collateral damage in the war against terrorists who often hide among civilians.

A "decision in principle has been made to buy 10 more F-16s," a senior Pakistani government official told Jane's, while adding that "the exact timing to place an order is yet to be decided"

He said Pakistan Air Force needed to retire 190 planes by 2020, forcing the country to look for various options.

The official said that the strong resistance it faced in the US Congress for buying a small batch of eight planes was "discouraging".

"That's why we are looking at other options too, such as buying them from Russia or France."

The official noted that while French planes were "very expensive, the Russians are not and they are equally good".

Last week, the US Senate rejected a move to shoot down the proposed sale of eight F-16, which is now in its final stages.

On Saturday, the 30-day mandatory period, that allows Congress to block an arms sale to a foreign country, also passed.

Although some technical details are still being worked out, the deal for these eight aircraft is almost final, the report said.

In September last year, Russia offered to sell Su-35 planes to Pakistan, which are among the fifth generation aircraft, it said.

Pakistani officials say that India's defence purchases also influence their search for a matching technology.

India is already working on a plan to replace its current fleet of planes with fifth generation aircraft by 2020, forcing Pakistan to do the same.

They say that while Pakistan is not looking to match the exact number of planes the Indians have but they would like to maintain a fleet of 350 to 400 aircraft.

Pakistani officials point out that they also have a large-scale defence collaboration with China, "which is a great source of strength" for the country.

The eight planes that Pakistan is buying from the United States include two single-seat F-16Cs and six twin-seat F-16Ds, along with associated equipment - for about US $699 million.

Pakistan seeking more F-16s, new aircrafts to match India's defence purchases: Report | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

F 16 can hardly cause any concern to India. Had it been Rafale, Eurofighter or Gripen, we should start worrying.
In Pakistani inventory F-16 is the most capable aircraft, so if u r statement is true u people are not worried then who stopping u to do surgical strikes and recently so much statements and state mourning over just eight jets. Why ?
F-16 Block 52+ is the most advance and lethal aircraft in PAF / IAF inventory. MKI is not reliable heavy maintenance costs plus faulty fly by wire system makes it less capable in comparison with F-16.

In Pakistani inventory F-16 is the most capable aircraft, so if u r statement is true u people are not worried then who stopping u to do surgical strikes and recently so much statements and state mourning over just eight jets. Why ?
F-16 Block 52+ is the most advance and lethal aircraft in PAF / IAF inventory. MKI is not reliable heavy maintenance costs plus faulty fly by wire system makes it less capable in comparison with F-16.
i guess he forgot about this

Attachments

• gunsight.gif-thumb.jpg
    gunsight.gif-thumb.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 0

1)We never bothered about F 16. In Kargil, they ran away seeing Mig 29s. So MKIs are overkill.
2) We do not buy rafale and other plane for pakistan. We buy it for 2 front war keeping chinese air power in mind.

Last edited:
1)We never bothered about F 16. In Kargil, they ran away seeing Mig 29s. So MKIs are overkill.
2) We do not but rafal and other plane for pakistan. We buy it for 2 front war keeping chinese air power in mind.
BS, no body ran away, however it's a different matter that you go overboard in rewarding a MiG-29 pilot for gaining a lock where as we don't even mention as what happened when a flight of Five MiG-29s was tailed for 20 minutes before they warned by Indian GCI.....i guess it boils down to different standards,
As for your MKI, US General Petraeus will be laughing his heart out.

Hi windy,
well come dear.

You are right. We are totally shaken up. You see, since I heard the news of Pakistan getting 10 F 16, I have sleepless nights.
Thanks for the welcome, although i wasn't away anywhere.
Sorry i missed out that you were also some Neta in the Indian set up.....anyways, since you missed the news...here's something that's pure entertainment for us.

India 'disappointed' as US decides to sell eight F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan - IBNLive

India reacts strongly to US decision to sell 8 F-16 jets to Pakistan, summons envoy - Times of India

ndianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/us-approves-sale-of-eight-f-16-fighter-jets-to-pakistan-india-to-convey-displeasure/

Thanks for the welcome, although i wasn't away anywhere.
Sorry i missed out that you were also some Neta in the Indian set up.....anyways, since you missed the news...here's something that's pure entertainment for us.

India 'disappointed' as US decides to sell eight F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan - IBNLive

India reacts strongly to US decision to sell 8 F-16 jets to Pakistan, summons envoy - Times of India

ndianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/us-approves-sale-of-eight-f-16-fighter-jets-to-pakistan-india-to-convey-displeasure/

That is what i say. let me say something which please you.

I am shaken up. These 10 F 16 shall change the power equations upside down in favor of Pakistan

Last edited:
That is what i say. let may say something which please you.

I am shaken up. These 10 F 16 shall change the power equations upside down in favor of Pakistan
On the contrary, Pakistan was surprised at the Indian reaction since no one was saying that these aircraft would shift balance but then why is India all rattled...only goes to prove the lack of confidence.

On the contrary, Pakistan was surprised at the Indian reaction since no one was saying that these aircraft would shift balance but then why is India all rattled...only goes to prove the lack of confidence.

You are our adversary so whenever you buy any weapon from country like US , it requires a diplomatic protest from us. This is even necessary for bargain with US.

You can think that we are rattled or whatever suits your heart which has develop a habbit of lying and delusion..

So let it be " jo aap chaho" . For us we do not bother at all by these F 16 or any 4th generation plane you acquire. Our LCA MK1+ will be more than enough to take care of any of your F 16.

So think what ever suits you. We are least bothered.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom