What's new

Pakistan says Taliban leader will talk to U.S!

Pakistani said that we will bring Taliban’s leader on tables for talks with US not that Pakistani are in control of Taliban’s in Afghanistan. Pakistan acting as third party.

I dont agree with you , Pakistan has no control on Afghan mujahdeen groups.In fact Pakistan need them to eliminate TTP terrorism, which mullah omer openly opposed TTP terrorism

wait a minute, Geo is reporting that ISPR is saying they did not give any interview to CNN about any deal with Mullah Omar. What's goin on? and I saw the video on the first page and no where does Maj Gen Abbas says in his own words that they're willing to strike a deal with mullah omar, it looks like a cut and paste and edit job with reporter asking the questions in the background and maj. acknowledgement which could've been cut from a different question. what gives?

wait a minute, Geo is reporting that ISPR is saying they did not give any interview to CNN about any deal with Mullah Omar. What's goin on? and I saw the video on the first page and no where does Maj Gen Abbas says in his own words that they're willing to strike a deal with mullah omar, it looks like a cut and paste and edit job with reporter asking the questions in the background and maj. acknowledgement which could've been cut from a different question. what gives?

Well thanks for raising these concerns and bringing them to our attention.

I will say this in the video Fmr. ISI Gen. Hamid Gul clearly mentions if the US wants to negotiate a deal with The Taliban they must negotiate with the Mullah Muhammad Omar.

I don't think this is fake news, in fact the US is really hurting in Afghanistan and they have been battling the Taliban for 8 years in Afghanistan and today news reports are saying Taliban still control 70% of Afghanistan. It seems US is desperate to come to the negotiation table.

Pakistan will bring the two parties together, if both parties confirm they wish to come to the diplomatic table.

I will be most happy person in this forum , if the deal will be sucessful,I will perform umrah inshahallah and pray for peace in Afghanistan and Pakistan

well, Hamid Gul can say whatever he wants but doesn't look like Maj Gen Athar Abbas said anything like that to CNN. that's a hoax.

I dont agree with you , Pakistan has no control on Afghan mujahdeen groups.In fact Pakistan need them to eliminate TTP terrorism, which mullah omer openly opposed TTP terrorism

You misunderstood I also said that Afghanistan Taliban’s are not in Pakistani control. Pakistani are acting as third party.

You misunderstood I also said that Afghanistan Taliban’s are not in Pakistani control. Pakistani are acting as third party.

Afghan mujahdeen are on driving seat (client) , are you sure mullah omer oppointed Pakistan as third party?:lol:

Afghan mujahdeen are on driving seat (client) , are you sure mullah omer oppointed Pakistan as third party?:lol:

now you sound like mullah omer is control by pakistani.:woot:

Afghan Taliban’s leader will never directly talk with US so its look like Pakistan is acting as third party. If you know anything I do n t know let me know.:rolleyes:

It is good to hear that our military has denied the CNN report. The Afghan people deserve better than what they had experienced under the barbarian Taliban, and that bastard Mullah Omer should be shot dead on sight.

CNN’s claim baseless: ISPR

July 11, 2009

ISLAMABAD: A spokesman for the ISPR on Friday denied the remarks attributed to chief military spokesman Maj Gen Athar Abbas in an interview with CNN. Quoting Abbas from an exclusive interview, CNN had claimed that the Pakistani military was in contact with Taliban leaders and could bring them to the negotiating table with the US. “The remarks attributed to the ISPR director general are totally baseless, fabricated and unfounded and out of context ... the ISPR rejects them,” said the spokesman. staff report

Yup they try to whip you when it gets soft ..

Lets not jump out of our seats shall we.
we know US is on the back foot in Afghanistan. With the current Economic Recession May be the US wants to negotiate the deal to buy some time in Afghanistan so that it may hunt them later .We know the Talibs gona shoot up the Demand that "no forighn troops in Afghanistan" but would that be acceptable,, nah ! i dont think so .
The Soviets Launched the major offensives in Afghanistan more than 20 times but yet failed .I think the US and Nato(if they are smart enough) would not waste their resources here . They would rather go somewhere else like Sudan Iran or North Korea.
Even though if the deal ends up with a solution to the problem, the US and Nato will maitain some presence in Afghanistan for sure with the help of which they may be able to have fun in the reagion(surrounding Afghanistan) atleast not in Afghanistan .
As for India " The good Days in Afghanistan are numberd for sure " .But i still dont get it that why Pakistan wants concessions over India despite having tactical advantage in Afghanistan over India . Or maybe they Want Concessions on Kashmir (the release of JUD cheif Hafis Saed points it there also) .I think the PA knows its position in Afghanistan and the concessions over Kasmir are most most likely be under focus.

It is good to hear that our military has denied the CNN report. The Afghan people deserve better than what they had experienced under the barbarian Taliban, and that bastard Mullah Omer should be shot dead on sight.

CNN’s claim baseless: ISPR

July 11, 2009

ISLAMABAD: A spokesman for the ISPR on Friday denied the remarks attributed to chief military spokesman Maj Gen Athar Abbas in an interview with CNN. Quoting Abbas from an exclusive interview, CNN had claimed that the Pakistani military was in contact with Taliban leaders and could bring them to the negotiating table with the US. “The remarks attributed to the ISPR director general are totally baseless, fabricated and unfounded and out of context ... the ISPR rejects them,” said the spokesman. staff report

CNN has a video that shows Hamid Gul claiming that he is "father of freedom in Afghanistan" and that US should talk to Mullah Omar.
Pakistan says Taliban leader will talk to U.S. - CNN.com

But, while they attribute the rest of the comments to Athar Abbas, they don't have that on video.

OR
The whole drama has been created to checkout the width of the Back-Door to exit Afghanistan.

Do n t mix Taliban of Pakistan with Taliban of Afghanistan. Afghanistan Taliban are real Taliban and are nothing like Pakistani Taliban’s. mullah omer advice ttp to join him and oppose their act.
Look what US propaganda done to us. Afghani Taliban are fighting introducers in their land. Fighting real jihad.

Back
Top Bottom