What's new

Pakistan SAM Capabilities

hataf

BANNED
Reaction score
Never heard about SAM capabilities of pakistan.
if pakistan has SAM then what type and range

i am new and really want to know about it.
if any one has any information or data. i would like you to put it on...:tup:

The Air Defense section of the three official PAF history books will help here. Also, Wiki is a pretty good place to start. AZADPAKISTAN2009 makes a good point, probably more than any other country in the region, we rely on our Air Defense Ground Environment quite heavily. In the early hours (maybe days) of war, we will rely on them to counter wave upon wave of Air attacks on Vulnerable Points and strategically important areas. Hence, the PAF likes to keep a fair bit of secrecy about the ADGE, it will be tougn to know things like the exact numbers, locations, etc.

High altitude
Chinese variant SA-2 Guideline SAM (Wiki calls it HQ-2)

Medium Altitude
MBDA Spada 2000 SAM (I've heard about this quite a bit, but it's never been confirmed)
Thales Crotale 4000 SAM

Low Altitude
Anza SAM (produced in Pakistan at KRL) MANPADs
American Stinger MANPADs
French Mistral MANPADs
Swedish RBS-70 MANPADs

The Air Defense section of the three official PAF history books will help here. Also, Wiki is a pretty good place to start. AZADPAKISTAN2009 makes a good point, probably more than any other country in the region, we rely on our Air Defense Ground Environment quite heavily. In the early hours (maybe days) of war, we will rely on them to counter wave upon wave of Air attacks on Vulnerable Points and strategically important areas. Hence, the PAF likes to keep a fair bit of secrecy about the ADGE, it will be tougn to know things like the exact numbers, locations, etc.

High altitude
Chinese variant SA-2 Guideline SAM (Wiki calls it HQ-2)

Medium Altitude
MBDA Spada 2000 SAM (I've heard about this quite a bit, but it's never been confirmed)
Thales Crotale 4000 SAM

Low Altitude
Anza SAM (produced in Pakistan at KRL) MANPADs
American Stinger MANPADs
French Mistral MANPADs
Swedish RBS-70 MANPADs

Thx man can u also tell me the capability of Chinese variant SA-2 Guideline SAM aka HQ-2 please ..... regards

HQ-9 variant fd-2000
It’s the advance Chinese version of Russian s-300 SAM system and comparable to U.S. developed Patriot SAM system
It can be used both as anti aircraft as well as anti ballistic
I just want to know, is Pakistan really buying it or just a rumor
:hitwall:

Last edited:
HQ-2 is Upgraded HQ-1 with additional ECCM capability to counter the System-13 ECM aboard U-2s flown by Republic of China Air Force Black Cat Squadron. Upgraded HQ-2s remain in service today, and the latest version utilizes passive phased array radar designated SJ-202, which is able to simultaneously track and engage multiple targets at 115 km and 80 km, respectively. The adoption of multifunction SJ-202 radar has eliminated the need to have multiple radars each with single function, and thus greatly improved the overall effectiveness of the HQ-2 air defense system. A target drone version is designated BA-6.

HQ-2 is Upgraded HQ-1 with additional ECCM capability to counter the System-13 ECM aboard U-2s flown by Republic of China Air Force Black Cat Squadron. Upgraded HQ-2s remain in service today, and the latest version utilizes passive phased array radar designated SJ-202, which is able to simultaneously track and engage multiple targets at 115 km and 80 km, respectively. The adoption of multifunction SJ-202 radar has eliminated the need to have multiple radars each with single function, and thus greatly improved the overall effectiveness of the HQ-2 air defense system. A target drone version is designated BA-6.

Thx for replying mate but i have read this on wiki i wanted some concreate info on the range of the system that pak has ...

This link was a little more infomative...

HongQi 2 (HQ-2) Surface-to-Air Missile System - SinoDefence.com

I am waiting for Chinese to make a local copy of Tunguska
Excellent for low altitude as well as ground to ground operations.
mobile small and deadly.

I am waiting for Chinese to make a local copy of Tunguska
Excellent for low altitude as well as ground to ground operations.
mobile small and deadly.

I agree the cost of the system is reported to be between 8 and 10 million USD.If pakistan could have 35+ of these systems it would certainly give PA a booster...

Last edited by a moderator:
wiki says IA has 100,000 sam systems of different variations. I know wiki is not a reliable source of info, but could this be possibly true? or an inflated figure?

Also how effective are the MBDA Spada 2000 and 4000 systems? There isn't much on the web on their capabilities and hardly any videos. What were the PA thinking when going for those systems? and did they come with total R&D?

specification of
Spada 2000 Advanced Air Defence System
Performance:
SpeedHigh supersonic
Radar
Range60km
Radar Tracking Capability
100 targets simultaneously
Systems:
Configuration
Detection centre - 2, 3 or 4 firing sections, each with 2 launchers - 6 ready-to-fire missile per launcherMissile
Guidance
Semi-active radar homing
Radar
RAC-3D radar
Modes
Air surveillance, detection and tracking
ECCM
Emission control, location jamming, random frequency agiliity and coded waveforms
Armament:
WarheadHigh-explosive fragmentation warhead
Proximity Fuse
Fuse independent of homing seeker, includes low-altitude capability
Power:
Motor Single-stage, high-thrust, solid-propellant rocket motor

Back
Top Bottom