What's new

Pakistan’s navigation satellites to become active by June 2013

just please use it to navigate for good purposes. not to navigate the wrong people to the wrong places.

^^^ er,.... no
I will write a detailed response later.Right now i am going somewhere...
Long story short,Pakistan's Satellite Augmentation will be up and running before india at the fraction of the cost..
In the mean time can you post any links about india's access to military grade GPS signal? ye india is a partner in glonass,but what about GPS? Does india has access to military signals?

^^^ er,.... no
Long story short,Pakistan's Satellite Augmentation will be up and running before india at the fraction of the cost..
In the mean time can you post any links about india's access to military grade GPS signal? ye india is a partner in glonass,but what about GPS? Does india has access to military signals?

Is Pakistan paying for the satellites and launch vehicle or only being allowed to share the system

^^^ er,.... no

SO did you install ground stations for that?? Which company is working on this work. Can you provide me some details. BTW you did not reply to my last post about How beidou and Galileo will be used together and increase accuracy.

SO did you install ground stations for that?? Which company is working on this work. Can you provide me some details. BTW you did not reply to my last post about How beidou and Galileo will be used together and increase accuracy.

SUPARCO has a beidou tracking centre,and building ground stations for Augmentation.

China had more than 50% share in Galeleo GNSS system,thats why Beidou system was designed to utilize Galaleo signal in conjunction with Beidou... (I am on mobile so cant post links,but i have posted a dedicated thread about beidou on sister forum Chinesedefence,links can be found there)
Eventually the total number of the Beidou-Galeleo hybrid Constellation will be 75,making it the largest GNSS constellation in the world,and hence the most accuate and with best coverage across the Planet.

SUPARCO has a beidou tracking centre,and building ground stations for Augmentation.

China had more than 50% share in Galeleo GNSS system,thats why Beidou system was designed to utilize Galaleo signal in conjunction with Beidou... (I am on mobile so cant post links,but i have posted a dedicated thread about beidou on sister forum Chinesedefence,links can be found there)
Eventually the total number of the Beidou-Galeleo hybrid Constellation will be 75,making it the largest GNSS constellation in the world,and hence the most accuate and with best coverage across the Planet.

You are wrong. China was part of Galileo, but they left in the middle to start their own Nav program. They are no more partners and more of rivals as they are fighting over frequencies.

Pakistan's GNSS to be functional by June 2013

Some more of my babbles on this similae threads..
Dont kow why the two threads arent merged.[/url]

Your link talks about GNSS not augmentation system like GAGAN. GAGAN will be used to improve accuracy of flights. Your GNSS is nothing but being first user of beidou.

Ok.... Correction time..
I was wrong...
Last time i checked the status of Galeleo was many years ago and back then china was a partner..
But damn you lot,you ask too many questions and i had to update on Galeleo..
Here is the updated story..

China invested or pledged to invest 270 million dollars in Galeleo in 2003.
But the european paranoea against china kept biting into this partnership and by 2007 china was kicked out of the central comitte and despite being a major investor,was stripped of any decision making power about Galeleo,and the core technoligies too were hidden away from china.
So in 2007 china packed their vags and left Galeleo for good.
So there will be no Galeleo-Beidou Hybrid.

But china has refused to change the transmitting frequencies of their satellites and will continue transmitting Encrypted non public signals on same frequency as Galeleo.
That means Galeleo will have no problem in offering free services,but subscription and military services will have interference from Beidou as both transmit at same frequency.
Now china is rushing their satellites into space and will compkete Beidpu constellation before Galeleo.
Europeans will take the Frequency matter to international regulatory body ITU,but will gave to wait and see if china agrees to change their frequency.
So much for leaving china out of Galeleo on Quote.........security grounds'.

But since Beidou will be up there first and will be fully operational before Galeleo,the frequencies may remain with Beidou.

007.JPG

This is a picture from Beidou summer camp August 2012. Many organisations who qualified fir taking part in the course by already having beidou technologies,were invited to attend this course held by collaboration of chinese universities.
The only foreign non-chinese faces you see are...'you know who'.

Good for you on BeiDou. As mentioned above, it will not be along with Galileo.

Indian military chips will utilize 3 signals - from IRNS, GLONASS and GPS. The most exclusive military signals being available for GLONASS. However as is obvious, IRNS will be most important. The rest form backups.

My point still stands. Pakistan will get SBAS at a later date by buying satellite transponders from China (?) because SBAS requires satellites along with ground stations.

What China is doing is building BeiDou ground stations in Pakistan for error notifications and corrections. Whereas a SBAS requires additional satellites in addition to the GPS/BeiDou/GLONASS system being sent up. Very few nations have and are doing so. An SBAS is used for any kind of GPS signal, not specific to GLONASS/BeiDou/NavStar GPS or IRNS.

Since our SBAS covers entire South Asia, who knows maybe Pakistan may use it in the future.

Lastly, ofcourse whenever Pakistan achieves it, it will be at a fraction of the cost - because Pakistan is buying not building.

Apparantly Paksat MM1 will be launched in 2013 and that will be Pakistan's dedicated Beidou (and possibly GLONASS/GPS/Galeleo) Augmentation satellite.
Here are the details..

8170865393_4dd5b04044_b.jpg

8170864415_e8e2141fbc_b.jpg

8170865329_2b0a26ee0c_b.jpg

8170894304_23170a0e33_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom