What's new

Pakistan’s Coke Studio to Rock India

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
Pakistan’s Coke Studio to Rock India

OB-MA566_icoke0_G_20110125040143.jpg

In a break from tradition, India will soon see a television show adapted from neighboring Pakistan.

After being tried and tested on the other side of the border, Coke Studio, a music reality show which serves as a platform for musicians to perform live, is set to make its debut here later this year.

We don’t know whether the program will follow the same format as Coca-Cola’s hugely popular television show of the same name in Pakistan.

A Coke spokesman in India confirmed that the company was in talks with “several potential partners for the launch of this property” but declined to share any further details.

“At this point, we can only confirm that we plan to launch Coke Studio – one of our flagship music properties globally – in India, sometime this year,” he said.

While India has oftentimes borrowed the formats of popular TV shows like “Kaun Banega Crorepati,” based on “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire,” and “Indian Idol” from the west, it has never adapted a Pakistani television series to suit Indian audiences.

Coke Studio has already aired three seasons in Pakistan and has featured the likes of “Sa Re Ga Ma” musical talent show winner and popular singer Amanat Ali; Sufi singer Abida Parveen; and Meesha Shafi, lead vocalist of fusion band “Overload.”

Ali Zafar, the lead actor of Bollywood satire “Tere Bin Laden” and a singer, participated in the second season of the show.

The show’s popularity can be gauged by its Facebook fan page where has 458,454 users “like” it. The social networking site has over 80 official and unofficial groups dedicated to Coke Studio with anywhere between 7 and 458,283 “likes.”

There are already 178 fans of the Facebook page “I want Coke Studio INDIA.”

Pakistan's Coke Studio to Rock India - India Real Time - WSJ

this is bullshyt, coke studio is nothing without pak artists and nothing without ruhail hayat, the producer...

coke studio is a pakistani brand not a cokacola brand, coke only sponcers the event like barkleys sponcers the english primier leage or DLF IPL....

and as it has only done three seasons in pakistan

india's only filmy type of music back ground is also a draw back for it..

this is bullshyt, coke studio is nothing without pak artists and nothing without ruhail hayat, the producer...

coke studio is a pakistani brand not a cokacola brand, coke only sponcers the event like barkleys sponcers the english primier leage or DLF IPL....

Come on man! It's a matter of pride if someone likes this idea. Why complain?

I think India has non film music but it was never given a platform. Bollywood has overshadowed other types of music.

Dude why you are so -ve man. Go out and have a nice walk.

Dude why you are so -ve man. Go out and have a nice walk.

yeah i just go out and have a walk with your orders, even though im already tired of giving my engg exams..

Good to hear that, there should be a Coke Studio India like TOP GEAR USA, but any type of competitions or comparisons should be avoided

Thanks

Coke Studio Jams sessions are some of the greatest I have ever heard...a true success story in Pakistan, and an instance where lucrative private sector companies operating in the country can give back and make the gains mutual.

now many people know Coke Studio. Some of my anglo friends are obcessed with Atif Aslam -though i dont know if he has done any new songs for it.

Coke Studio jams -which often employ fusion of traditional Pakistani, Sufi, rock/percussion and other genres are quite different from what you would find elsewhere.

I personally would prefer that other countries do not copy Coke Studio; but music and true art are one of those things where pride, politics or selfishness should NOT get in the way.

hahas bhartis havign many musics players in bharat bryan adams comign and thne coke studio i hopes sivseena dont kill those coke plaiers nd bryan adems coz he is from foren countri hahah
enjoy musics and then nukleared bombs hahaaa

C'mon guys. Why so serious? :lol:

Its good that coke studio is launching in India, it will give their audience something different that has never been there. Perhaps we could than combine the artist from both sides and make something more kool. no?

Personally i believe that it will take some time for India's musicians to come up with something equally good as their pakistani counterparts.

the reputation of coke studio will go down the drain with bollywood involvement, but nevertheless people will prefer to watch bolloywood type coke studio :lol:

Back
Top Bottom