What's new

Pakistan | Roads, Motorways & Highway Infrastructure.

You guys got some of nice roads/ exp ways.

It's fun to drive fast on exp ways but this are killing Dhaba's an integral parts of highway and We miss them :(

An emergency solar powered phone. The phones were installed all along the motorway on both sides and have a post number written on them. Just dial the motorway police and tell them the post number you are at...help will arrive in minutes!
20042006058.jpg

20042006059.jpg

JUST FOR AN UPDATE..

These have been removed now..
with everyone carrying a mobile these were thought to be useless and very not being used by many people as they all prefer to dial 130 from there cell phone.
in these circumstances it was decided that maintenance of this system is costing for nothing and hence all the setup was removed.
now yuo will see the poles but they don't have phones or panels in them. instead the poles bear a sign board showing :in case of emergency dial 130"

JUST FOR AN UPDATE..

These have been removed now..
with everyone carrying a mobile these were thought to be useless and very not being used by many people as they all prefer to dial 130 from there cell phone.
in these circumstances it was decided that maintenance of this system is costing for nothing and hence all the setup was removed.
now yuo will see the poles but they don't have phones or panels in them. instead the poles bear a sign board showing :in case of emergency dial 130"

Now I understand!

I came to Pakistan a couple weeks back and used motorway for lhr-Isb, and noticed this. I thought the phones might be behind the sign boards!!

You cleared it up!

Now I understand!

I came to Pakistan a couple weeks back and used motorway for lhr-Isb, and noticed this. I thought the phones might be behind the sign boards!!

You cleared it up!

These were removed just a couple of weeks back i suppose.
I am a frequent traveler on motorway, traveling almost every week from Faisalabad to Pindi and back over the weekends.
I just noticed this in July and i don't think this had been done long ago and i missed.
Perhaps just a couple of months and the whole system was removed.
4b the way, personally i am not negative about this happening, these were not really of any use now and haven't seen someone using it off lately.
People find it convenient to dial 130 from there cell phone!

These were removed just a couple of weeks back i suppose.
I am a frequent traveler on motorway, traveling almost every week from Faisalabad to Pindi and back over the weekends.
I just noticed this in July and i don't think this had been done long ago and i missed.
Perhaps just a couple of months and the whole system was removed.
4b the way, personally i am not negative about this happening, these were not really of any use now and haven't seen someone using it off lately.
People find it convenient to dial 130 from there cell phone!

Yeah, saves the funds as well.

Although this feature did help us once.

it was late late night, and near Lahore, our car broke down. We called the police, and gave the rank along with our name (there was the whole family that time). Bas ji, they started a manhunt for colonel sahib, and because it was dark, they had trouble finding us, and presumed that we had been kidnapped or something!!! But found us out after some time.

Motorway police is a very efficient force, along with Isb police.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3302601 said:
motorway project should be extended to sindh KP and balochistan

Well they already exists...........

625px-Pakistan_Nationalhighways.PNG

here are some wikileaks for u ........ :)

M-1 Motorway

Pakistan's third motorway, the 155 km 6-lane M-1, linking Peshawar with the federal capital, Islamabad, has been operational since 30 October 2007.

M-2 Motorway

Pakistan's first motorway, the 367 km 6-lane M-2, connecting the cities of Islamabad and Lahore, was constructed by South Korea's Daewoo Corporation and was inaugurated in November 1997 and was the first motorway to be built in South Asia.[2]

M-3 Motorway

The plan to construct Pakistan's second motorway, the 54 km 4-lane M-3, linking the Pindi Bhattian Junction on the M-2 with Faisalabad was finalized in 1996 with an estimated cost of Rs. 8 billion. Initially, it was planned to have 6-lanes, however, due to the shortage of funds, it was decided reduce the number of lanes to 4 with an option to upgrade it to 6-lanes in future. Construction of the M-3 began in May 2002 and it was completed ahead of schedule in September 2003 at a cost of Rs 5.3 billion. It was inaugurated and opened for traffic on 2 October 2003. Two bridges, one over a railway track and the second on a canal, were constructed on the motorway, while two interchanges near Sahianwala and Faisalabad were constructed in the second phase.[3]

M-4 Motorway

Construction of Pakistan's fourth motorway, the 233 km 4-lane M-4, began on 19 August 2009. Once completed, it will link Multan with the M-3 Motorway at Faisalabad.

M-5 Motorway

The M-5 is a planned 4 lane motorway that will link Multan with Dera Ghazi Khan. It will be constructed after the completion of the M-4 Motorway.

M-6 Motorway

The M-6 is a planned 4 lane motorway that will link Dera Ghazi Khan with Ratodero. It will be constructed after the completion of the M-5 Motorway.

M-8 Motorway

The 892 km 4-lane M-8 is under-construction in Sindh and Balochistan provinces. Initially, it will have 2 lanes with a further 2 lanes planned. The 4 lane motorway will be upgradable to 6 lanes. Once completed it will directly link the port city of Gwadar with the rest of Pakistan's motorway network at Ratodero where it will link up with the M-6 Dera Ghazi Khan-Ratodero Motorway.

M-9 Motorway

The current 4-lane Hyderabad-Karachi "Super Highway" is in the process of being upgraded into a 6-lane access-controlled motorway, designated the "M-9". Expression of Interest (EOI) were invited by the National Highway Authority (NHA) in May 2011.[4] The NHA awarded the Rs. 24.93 billion contract to the Malaysian construction company, Bina Puri Holdings Bhd, on Built Operate Transfer (BOT) basis in January 2012.[5] The proposed 136-km long motorway will be completed in three years. The M-9 Motorway will have 7 interchanges, 2 service areas at the midway points and 16 toll plazas on entry and exit points.[6]

Well they already exists...........

625px-Pakistan_Nationalhighways.PNG

here are some wikileaks for u ........ :)

M-1 Motorway

Pakistan's third motorway, the 155 km 6-lane M-1, linking Peshawar with the federal capital, Islamabad, has been operational since 30 October 2007.

M-2 Motorway

Pakistan's first motorway, the 367 km 6-lane M-2, connecting the cities of Islamabad and Lahore, was constructed by South Korea's Daewoo Corporation and was inaugurated in November 1997 and was the first motorway to be built in South Asia.[2]

M-3 Motorway

The plan to construct Pakistan's second motorway, the 54 km 4-lane M-3, linking the Pindi Bhattian Junction on the M-2 with Faisalabad was finalized in 1996 with an estimated cost of Rs. 8 billion. Initially, it was planned to have 6-lanes, however, due to the shortage of funds, it was decided reduce the number of lanes to 4 with an option to upgrade it to 6-lanes in future. Construction of the M-3 began in May 2002 and it was completed ahead of schedule in September 2003 at a cost of Rs 5.3 billion. It was inaugurated and opened for traffic on 2 October 2003. Two bridges, one over a railway track and the second on a canal, were constructed on the motorway, while two interchanges near Sahianwala and Faisalabad were constructed in the second phase.[3]

M-4 Motorway

Construction of Pakistan's fourth motorway, the 233 km 4-lane M-4, began on 19 August 2009. Once completed, it will link Multan with the M-3 Motorway at Faisalabad.

M-5 Motorway

The M-5 is a planned 4 lane motorway that will link Multan with Dera Ghazi Khan. It will be constructed after the completion of the M-4 Motorway.

M-6 Motorway

The M-6 is a planned 4 lane motorway that will link Dera Ghazi Khan with Ratodero. It will be constructed after the completion of the M-5 Motorway.

M-8 Motorway

The 892 km 4-lane M-8 is under-construction in Sindh and Balochistan provinces. Initially, it will have 2 lanes with a further 2 lanes planned. The 4 lane motorway will be upgradable to 6 lanes. Once completed it will directly link the port city of Gwadar with the rest of Pakistan's motorway network at Ratodero where it will link up with the M-6 Dera Ghazi Khan-Ratodero Motorway.

M-9 Motorway

The current 4-lane Hyderabad-Karachi "Super Highway" is in the process of being upgraded into a 6-lane access-controlled motorway, designated the "M-9". Expression of Interest (EOI) were invited by the National Highway Authority (NHA) in May 2011.[4] The NHA awarded the Rs. 24.93 billion contract to the Malaysian construction company, Bina Puri Holdings Bhd, on Built Operate Transfer (BOT) basis in January 2012.[5] The proposed 136-km long motorway will be completed in three years. The M-9 Motorway will have 7 interchanges, 2 service areas at the midway points and 16 toll plazas on entry and exit points.[6]

just in planning stages of m8 and m9, and not even started

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom