What's new

'Pakistan receives PPE export orders worth $100M'

I want us to not just be good but to be the best. I started a business in healthcare. 3 years later I was the biggest business in my town and 5 years later I sold it and pretty much retired. Our focus was on everything we did we did it better than our competitors. My business model was high quality and high price. UK government was our primary client and they paid.

How can we inculcate this kind of mindset into the export oriented business in Pakistan? While it is those business that will loss, it the workers and the entire supply chain that loses business for either lack of quality control. Perhaps some kind of inspections before products are exported?

How can we inculcate this kind of mindset into the export oriented business in Pakistan? While it is those business that will loss, it the workers and the entire supply chain that loses business for either lack of quality control. Perhaps some kind of inspections before products are exported?
One main problem is not valuing staff. People think salaries should be kept to a minimum. One has to realise why people work. They work for their families. Incentives for hard work and good work environment is essential. We must reward hard work. That way everyone wins.

One main problem is not valuing staff. People think salaries should be kept to a minimum. One has to realise why people work. They work for their families. Incentives for hard work and good work environment is essential. We must reward hard work. That way everyone wins.

Your right. There was a saying in the Soviet Union; “you pretend to pay us, we pretend to work.” Requiring a system where unionized labor sits down with management like they do in Germany could be one way to solve this. They make decisions for the long term health of the company. Alongside improving the skills of workers and reinvesting in modern machines, labor relations is definitely key to long term high quality work.

In this way the workers will keep an eye on the management and owners of the company, because it is in their interest. They should also be able to report to a national labor board if they notice corruption or malfeasance.

Last edited:
Your right. There was a saying in the Soviet Union; “you pretend to pay us, we pretend to work.” Requiring a system where unionized labor sits down with management like they do in Germany could be one way to solve this. They make decisions for the long term health of the company. Alongside improving the skills of workers and reinvesting in modern machines, labor relations is definitely key to long term high quality work.

In this way the workers will keep an eye on the management and owners of the company, because it is in their interest. They should also be able to report to a national labor board if they notice corruption or malfeasance.
We have an issue that the tax collection is so poor

Back
Top Bottom