What's new

'Pakistan receives PPE export orders worth $100M'

Philosopher

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Pakistan receives PPE export orders worth $100M'
Country has also developed indigenous virus testing kits, says science and technology minister

thumbs_b_c_ee8e5ba606335d04316e999dae2056ca.jpg

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan

Pakistan has bagged export orders worth $100 million for its domestically manufactured personal protective equipment (PPE), a government official said.

Fawad Chaudhry, the minister for science and technology, said many countries are interested in Pakistani equipment, and the figure could top $500 million in the coming months.

Pakistan’s Federal Cabinet earlier this month approved exports of PPE despite complaints by doctors and healthcare workers of shortages of protective gear including face masks, gloves, and overalls.

"Now we are producing masks including N95 masks, gloves, goggles or face shields, gowns, shoes cover and bed sheets for our hospitals, and even importing to other countries," Chaudhry told Anadolu Agency on Monday.

He said Pakistan also developed a coronavirus diagnostic kit, which has been approved by the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan. "This is a big achievement," he said, adding that the kits are entirely domestically produced, which will "help cut our import bill."

So far, Pakistan has imported and received PPE and testing kits mostly from its Chinese allies.

"We are importing the kits from China at the moment but when the commercial production of our kits begins, we will not have to import," Chaudhry said, adding that the kits are low priced, which could bring the cost of virus tests to a one-third.

Chaudhry praised the efforts of experts at the National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) Islamabad who developed the testing kits, saying he is proud of them.

"The kits developed by our experts are better than the imported kits, and have over 90% accuracy," he said.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/pakistan-receives-ppe-export-orders-worth-100m/1877892

Great news for our Pakistani brothers and sisters. Inshallah the development and export of such science based products will start to play a more prominent role in the future Pakistani economy. This is what we need more of in the Islamic world.

Author doesn't know the difference between importing and exporting

Finally some positive news. This is an opportunity for Pakistani medical supplies companies to establish themselves in international markets. COVID19 will go away but demand for PPE will always be there.
And they will f it up. 1st order good then crap will be sent then orders will cancel and they wont know why

And they will f it up. 1st order good then crap will be sent then orders will cancel and they wont know why

Janab, please, pessimism is toxic. Zara khush bhi kabhi nazar aye.

Pakistan receives PPE export orders worth $100M'
Country has also developed indigenous virus testing kits, says science and technology minister

View attachment 642023

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan

Pakistan has bagged export orders worth $100 million for its domestically manufactured personal protective equipment (PPE), a government official said.

Fawad Chaudhry, the minister for science and technology, said many countries are interested in Pakistani equipment, and the figure could top $500 million in the coming months.

Pakistan’s Federal Cabinet earlier this month approved exports of PPE despite complaints by doctors and healthcare workers of shortages of protective gear including face masks, gloves, and overalls.

"Now we are producing masks including N95 masks, gloves, goggles or face shields, gowns, shoes cover and bed sheets for our hospitals, and even importing to other countries," Chaudhry told Anadolu Agency on Monday.

He said Pakistan also developed a coronavirus diagnostic kit, which has been approved by the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan. "This is a big achievement," he said, adding that the kits are entirely domestically produced, which will "help cut our import bill."

So far, Pakistan has imported and received PPE and testing kits mostly from its Chinese allies.

"We are importing the kits from China at the moment but when the commercial production of our kits begins, we will not have to import," Chaudhry said, adding that the kits are low priced, which could bring the cost of virus tests to a one-third.

Chaudhry praised the efforts of experts at the National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) Islamabad who developed the testing kits, saying he is proud of them.

"The kits developed by our experts are better than the imported kits, and have over 90% accuracy," he said.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/pakistan-receives-ppe-export-orders-worth-100m/1877892

Pakistan is going to bust through this glass ceiling which Western powers are trying to keep us under.

Great news for our Pakistani brothers and sisters. Inshallah the development and export of such science based products will start to play a more prominent role in the future Pakistani economy. This is what we need more of in the Islamic world.

Jazak Allahu khair brother. Teshukrem for the good wishes.

Janab, please, pessimism is toxic. Zara khush bhi kabhi nazar aye.

Pakistan is going to bust through this glass ceiling which Western powers are trying to keep us under.

Jazak Allahu khair brother. Teshukrem for the good wishes.
It's not pessimistic to be realistic. They dont understand quality. Lack of education and training. Unless u identify faults you cant fix them

It's not pessimistic to be realistic. They dont understand quality. Lack of education and training. Unless u identify faults you cant fix them

I am sure you are familiar with Allama Iqbal's poetry, brother.

His whole purpose in writing about Oqaab and Shaheen as symbolism of a Mumin (proper Muslim) was to uplift the eyes of the society towards Asmaan (Heavens.)

He used the example of the vulture which looks down on Earth for sustenance and the Eagle which soars to the sky for sustenance and makes its own kill.

He grieved at the pessimism which had paralyzed Muslims, the hopelessness, sense of loss. We began doubting ourselves and it led to a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I request brother, let us be optimistic and pray for our country. We can fix what we can and for the rest rely on Allah swt.

We will rise and we will soar, we just have to prepare the ground first for our takeoff.

This is indeed great news. To get into this market is exceptional -
Demand will always be their. The world is changing and this certainly is the way forward. For those generating negativity - quality control from independent sources - like in China could be set up. It’s not in the companies interests to reduce on quality because that would result in the end of orders. Wouldn’t make sense to upset your new clients.
Build on this and other options and orders will hopefully follow.

The lack of vocational training, and a culture of making sub-par products might adversely affect Pakistan's exports in the PPE and health care sector.

The lack of vocational training, and a culture of making sub-par products might adversely affect Pakistan's exports in the PPE and health care sector.

These must be of international standards to have made the trip.

You can ask the government about what National Standards are they implementing on top of ISO recommendations production standards.

The country has a long proud history of surgical equipment production as well as textile products of global appreciated quality.

With automation or industry 4.0 implementation being touted even by the President. I would have some confidence in Pakistani products albeit in selective manner.

I am sure you are familiar with Allama Iqbal's poetry, brother.

His whole purpose in writing about Oqaab and Shaheen as symbolism of a Mumin (proper Muslim) was to uplift the eyes of the society towards Asmaan (Heavens.)

He used the example of the vulture which looks down on Earth for sustenance and the Eagle which soars to the sky for sustenance and makes its own kill.

He grieved at the pessimism which had paralyzed Muslims, the hopelessness, sense of loss. We began doubting ourselves and it led to a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I request brother, let us be optimistic and pray for our country. We can fix what we can and for the rest rely on Allah swt.

We will rise and we will soar, we just have to prepare the ground first for our takeoff.
You missed my point.
I have done business all my life
Each day morning meeting to analyse adjust and create systems for problems from the night before and evening meeting for issues regarding day. You can never eradicate all the problems but you can minimise them. There is no teaching if business in pakistan. I know of a friend from Morocco who came to paksitan to buy medical supplies for their hospitals. 1st couple of deliveries excellent. Then the standard started to drop and they started to issues substandard equipment in with the goods. He complained and was reassured. Soon he terminated all the contracts. This is not isolated case.
My point is nkt just the companies but someone else should be checking as we Pakistanis sadly dont know how to build businesses for the long term. Ensure quality is there and orders will flood in. Business owners will be happy. Workers will have jobs and government will get tax. Everyone wins.

You missed my point.
I have done business all my life
Each day morning meeting to analyse adjust and create systems for problems from the night before and evening meeting for issues regarding day. You can never eradicate all the problems but you can minimise them. There is no teaching if business in pakistan. I know of a friend from Morocco who came to paksitan to buy medical supplies for their hospitals. 1st couple of deliveries excellent. Then the standard started to drop and they started to issues substandard equipment in with the goods. He complained and was reassured. Soon he terminated all the contracts. This is not isolated case.
My point is nkt just the companies but someone else should be checking as we Pakistanis sadly dont know how to build businesses for the long term. Ensure quality is there and orders will flood in. Business owners will be happy. Workers will have jobs and government will get tax. Everyone wins.

Yes, that requires a cultural revolution in the minds of the people. Hardly doing any work no longer cuts it, especially when you have large international clients.

In sha Allah it will change brother when big money starts flowing in.

Yes, that requires a cultural revolution in the minds of the people. Hardly doing any work no longer cuts it, especially when you have large international clients.

In sha Allah it will change brother when big money starts flowing in.
I want us to not just be good but to be the best. I started a business in healthcare. 3 years later I was the biggest business in my town and 5 years later I sold it and pretty much retired. Our focus was on everything we did we did it better than our competitors. My business model was high quality and high price. UK government was our primary client and they paid.

Back
Top Bottom