What's new

Pakistan ranked 33rd in most corrupt nations

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - The Transparency International has placed Pakistan at 33 in corruption in its annual report issued here on Wednesday.
It should be mentioned that earlier Pakistan was ranked at 42 among the most corrupt nations of the world in Transparency Report.
The 2012 index ranks 176 countries by their perceived levels of public sector corruption. The index assigns scores of between one and 100, one being highly corrupt and 100 clean.
The global civil society organization has expressed concern over the growing corruption in the country saying that the corruption of Rs 12600 billion was reported in different sectors of Pakistan during the last five years.
The organization reported that the corruption has reached its peak during the last year.
Meanwhile, Somalia, North Korea, Afghanistan have been declared as the most corrupt countries across the globe while Denmark, Finland and New Zealand tied for first place out of 176 countries, meaning they were perceived to have the lowest levels of state sector corruption.

Pakistan ranked 33rd in most corrupt nations | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

Corruption in Pakistan on the rise: TIP - thenews.com.pk

Corruption galores from bottom to top in Pakistan.

please privitise most of the govt sectors

A reflection of Pakistani governance and society.

Corruption is in biggest worry for whole south Asia.... we peoples take it so lightly so it prevails ...

By the way where`s my loving India in this index ?? I hope it`ll be just next to Pakistan..:frown:

Before everybody starts their favorite Zardari bashing game, please have a look around you. People are corrupt, hence we have rulers that are corrupt. I deal with pakistani and indian businessmen in Dubai and let me tell you, we are a corrupt people. I've heard a pakistani customs officer with business and property in wife's name in Dubai complain about Zardari :)

Before everybody starts their favorite Zardari bashing game, please have a look around you. People are corrupt, hence we have rulers that are corrupt. I deal with pakistani and indian businessmen in Dubai and let me tell you, we are a corrupt people. I've heard a pakistani customs officer with business and property in wife's name in Dubai complain about Zardari :)

the political system is corrupt and flawed hence corrupt leaders

the political system is corrupt and flawed hence corrupt leaders

No, it's the other way around. The political system is corrupt and flawed because of corrupt "leaders" and people who were mostly raised in Pakistani society. Don't just limit corruption to Government, look at law enforcement, education, commerce and business, etc.

No, it's the other way around. The political system is corrupt and flawed because of corrupt "leaders" and people who were mostly raised in Pakistani society. Don't just limit corruption to Government, look at law enforcement, education, commerce and business, etc.

All these fall under govt

All these fall under govt

No, you can't always blame "Government" for individuals acts of corruption of people, people have to take self-responsibility, and execute their duties with professionalism and integrity something many in Pakistan fall short of. Businesses and commerce doesn't necessarily fall under Government, because there are private businesses. As for Law enforcement, and corruption elsewhere it has to do with the character of these people that's where the corruption stems from, greed.

Seeds of corruption is in every humans mind .. It will grow big provided right atmosphere .. Poverty ,moral degradation ,inefficient justice system etc will provide fertile field for these seeds of corruption

Wow we have done well being 33rd i thought we are the top most

Wow!!! our brother Bangladesh is with us. India at 94 is much better.

Back
Top Bottom