What's new

Pakistan Railways , plans 60 Additional Locomotives by End of Year

What makes you think that Pakistan would be interested in Junk. We have enough of those of our own. Stop trolling mate.

Bro,in reality, we cant provide you. We have serious shortage of diesel locomotive, the requirement is higher than the Diesel Locomotive Works producing.

If even we want to, we cant, because of our internal requirements.

I wonder what the reporter meant by coal-powered engines of 4500 Horse Power would be more powerful than the existing 3000 HP engines? Are these locomotive engines or something else? What was he referring to? :blink:

Everybody only likes to hate me, actually. :D

And I am a REALIST, if anything.

Can we please back to the topic please before I get thread banned again?

With due respect,you use the label of realist. A realist would agree to hard facts being presented to him. Sorry to say but I fail to see that in you.

I really don't like making comments on member but you presenting yourself as a realist forced me to.

I wonder what the reporter meant by coal-powered engines of 4500 Horse Power would be more powerful than the existing 3000 HP engines? Are these locomotive engines or something else? What was he referring to? :blink:

Many reporters, specially in the Urdu press, are plain idiots who do not what they are talking about. I would not trust any numbers being quoted here.

Bro,in reality, we cant provide you. We have serious shortage of diesel locomotive, the requirement is higher than the Diesel Locomotive Works producing.

If even we want to, we cant, because of our internal requirements.

Thanks for your response, but I was specifically asking a troll to explain himself.

The real deal is: more powerful 4500 HP engines are required compared to the current 3000 hp engines for hauling coal for coal power projects.

The reporter reports: coal powered engines are more powerful, 4500 HP compared to 3000hp of current engines.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response, but I was specifically asking a troll to explain himself.
If this is pointing to me, then let me tell you Indian railways has ample Steam / coal and diesel engines that it has retired and is willing to sell in working condition to 3rd Party and they regularly come up with sales like
indianrailways gov in / railwayboard / uploads / directorate / mec_engg / downloads / Traction / 2012 /Sale_Loco_050612.PDF

Since the OP post has the confusion about Pakisthan looking to import coal engines, I was sure there must have been plenty of them lying around as India stopped using most of the Coal/Steam engines by 1990. Hence the post was made with those details.

Good news is that India in general always had surplus of engines. The shortage came up in between 2007-2012 when the the production capacities where not completly upgraded to meet demands. Now DLW pushes out almost 4 times engines than what it did in 2002-2004. And with new plants under construction this will further grow. And not to say, having manufactured over 6700 locomotives till date, DLW is now one of the biggest locomotive manufacturers in the world.

Following document will provide you stats that we had excess of engines than what was planned in early 2000's
irfca org / docs / stats / stats-locos.html

Back
Top Bottom