What's new

Pakistan prepares for US mango launch

‘Mango politics’ ahead of AJK polls
Source: Our Staff Reporter Submitted 1 day 5 hrs ago

SIALKOT - The “mango politics” are on its peak by the candidates ahead of the coming elections of AJK Legislative Assembly. The candidates were busy in holding the mango parties or sending the political “gifts” of the mangoes to lure their voters and supporters as well here. The candidates have geared up their election campaign in different constituencies located in Sialkot district for the elections of Azad Jammu & Kashmir legislative Assembly after depositing their nomination papers, in this regard. Reportedly, the Kashmiri Muhaajireen residing in both neighbouring and bordering Sialkot and Narowal districts were showing keen interest in the coming elections of AJK Legislative Assembly. The candidates have also started displaying their electoral banners and giant hoarding boards in all the important places falling in their respective electoral constituencies in Sialkot district.
In Constituency (LA- 32 Jammu-III), as many as 15 candidates (including AJK Minister for religious Affairs Sahibzada Hamid Raza, Ch. Muhammad Ishaq , Syed Ishtiaq-ul Hassan Gillani ,Ch. Shaukat Wazir Ali and Ch. Noor Ahmed) have deposited their nomination papers before the returning officers at the office of Election Commission of Pakistan at Sialkot.
Senior Vice President of PML-N Sialkot District Asif Mehmood Soni told the newsmen here today that the PML-N has nominated Ch. Muhammad Ishaq of village Tilakpur-Sialkot as its candidate for this constituency.
Meanwhile, as many as 14 candidates (including Haji Usman Ather, Ch. Muhammad Sadique, Mian Muhammad Rasheed, Nadeem Nisar, Mian Munawar Naseer, Mian Shahid Sharif, Muhammad Akmal, Yaqub Ali, Zeeshan Raza, Foazia Ashraf and Shamim Akhtar) have deposited their nomination papers for Constituency (LA- 33 Jammu-VI) Narowal.
On the other hand, MQM has also six candidates Muhammad Bashir, Capt (Rtd) Muhammad Naeem, Ch. Noor Ahmed, Muhammad Asif, Sajjad Jamil and Ilyas Janjua for the three constituencies LA-31, LA-32 and LA-34 Jammu (falling into both Sialkot and Narowal districts).
‘Mango politics’ ahead of AJK polls | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

i never tried Pakistani mango before (at least i can't remember eating Pakistani mango) but everyone i know that has eaten Pakistani mango said its one of the best (the best in some cases).

I hear African mango helps burn body fat.

Well , the difference is like this

> Pakistan Mangoes = Sweetest , tastiest fruit you can imagine , possibly you can contend its heavenly food , it just melts in your mouth hmmm Its soft , tender, a perfect food that compliments a Royal Biryani from old days of Maha rajas and royalty.

When you eat , a bannana - or a peech or perhaps a Melon the sweetness and taste is stronger in Pakistani Mangoe that is why it is never eater before any other food , every one leaves the main course for the end as nothing else tops it

> Other stuff = Tasts like cucumber or lettuce Yuck, hard and brittle when you chop it - it makes that screeching crunching noise as if you are cutting a fruit that is 2 months away from being ripe, no wonder ppl use these in salads or cooking - these how ever are good for throwing on someone's head to get their attention

Have u ever tasted Ratnagiri Alphonso mangoes instead of going on a bandwagon saying Pakistani mangoes are best

Someone said Pakistan was the first country to export to America in 2010 :rofl:

India has been exporting mangoes fo USA since 2005 AFAIK or even before

Well , the difference is like this

> Pakistan Mangoes = Sweetest , tastiest fruit you can imagine , possibly you can contend its heavenly food , it just melts in your mouth hmmm Its soft , tender, a perfect food that compliments a Royal Biryani from old days of Maha rajas and royalty.

When you eat , a bannana - or a peech or perhaps a Melon the sweetness and taste is stronger in Pakistani Mangoe that is why it is never eater before any other food , every one leaves the main course for the end as nothing else tops it

> Other stuff = Tasts like cucumber or lettuce Yuck, hard and brittle when you chop it - it makes that screeching crunching noise as if you are cutting a fruit that is 2 months away from being ripe, no wonder ppl use these in salads or cooking - these how ever are good for throwing on someone's head to get their attention

You are right, the mangoes sold here in US are rubbish & garbage in front of Pakistani mangoes, though they are not only mexican but from several other countries too. I am 101% sure, the day Pakistani mangoes arrive in US, it will be the last day for mangoes coming from other countries, they will be sold right away even if they costs more than other mangoes.

P.S i really miss Pakistani mangoes alot, just waiting anxiously.

Have u ever tasted Ratnagiri Alphonso mangoes instead of going on a bandwagon saying Pakistani mangoes are best

Someone said Pakistan was the first country to export to America in 2010 :rofl:

India has been exporting mangoes fo USA since 2005 AFAIK or even before

I have tasted all kind of mangoes in US but none seems to me as a Pakistani mango.

Just taste Sindhri mango, it is soo huge, juicy & delicious that you won't resist to eat 8 10 at 1 time. & Anwar Retol for it's sweetness, plus there are dozen more kinds on mangoes produced in Pakistan.

when the dregs of society take over the reins of leadership what do you expect?

I have tasted all kind of mangoes in US but none seems to me as a Pakistani mango.

Just taste Sindhri mango, it is soo huge, juicy & delicious that you won't resist to eat 8 10 at 1 time. & Anwar Retol for it's sweetness, plus there are dozen more kinds on mangoes produced in Pakistan.
I nvr tasted Pakistani mangoes coz my hometown Ratnagiri has best mangoes in whole of India .

Getting a Pakistani product in India is like 1 in a million

I nvr tasted Pakistani mangoes coz my hometown Ratnagiri has best mangoes in whole of India .

Getting a Pakistani product in India is like 1 in a million

Well since you mentioned it I will have to investigate if a sample can be attained of this Ratnagiri product

Mexican mangoes are garbage, half of them arent even sweet.

Indian/ mangoes are the best.

my fav is the one called safeda, thats what they call it in punjab, my dad knows all the names, i just eat them.

Procedural hurdles impede mango exports to US

Shahid Shah
Thursday, June 23, 2011

KARACHI, June 23, 2011: The buyers in the United States are reluctant to import Pakistani mangoes due to high cost and procedural hurdles, CEO Harvest Trading Ahmad Jawad told The News on Wednesday.

Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS), a subsidiary of United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), has only approved Sadex Corporation for the handling of Pakistani mangoes once they arrive in the United States. APHIS has very extensive requirements and regulations. These rules and regulations create a number of risks, which may affect negatively the prospects of importing mangoes from Pakistan business.

Jawad said that under the Commercial General Liability Insurance, the customer (importer) would provide Sadex with a letter of proof of insurance from a national insurance provider acceptable to Sadex with its principle office and place of business in the United States listing Sadex as an additional named insured.

“As per our findings APHIS granted eight permits to US buyers and almost all the importers are reluctant to take that risk,” he said. “Sadex has very strict conditions and it is not willing to be flexible. Things are not looking very bright unless they change their requirements.”

Mango Export

If any importer brings his order individually, then only liability premium will cost around $6,000, the highest individual expense for whole project.

Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) is charging Rs285 per kg, or approximately $3.35, for commercial shipment of mangoes from Lahore to Chicago, which also makes it difficult to export mangoes, said the CEO Harvest Tradings said.

Jawad estimated the C and F (Cost and Freight price) at $12 per 2-kg mango carton (excluding other costs) will be borne by US importers. He urged Ministry of Food and Agriculture and Pakistan Horticulture Development and Export Company to look into this matter on priority basis.

He said the mango export had started and they hoped to export more than 150,000 metric tons of mangoes, most of it through sea and about 22,000 tonnes by air.

Well since you mentioned it I will have to investigate if a sample can be attained of this Ratnagiri product

The mango season ends with the arrival of monsoons.

Was in Southall the other day searching for mangoes. Couldn't find any Alphonsoes and had to settle for Kesar instead. Those were quiet yummy too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom