What's new

Pakistan prepares for US mango launch

are these similar to what i find in mexican stores ??
look diff to me

these ones are not CIA free...

____

solomon2 also says israeli jewish semitic mangoes are better than non Semitic american yankee mangoes

Pakistan to exceed mango export target
Luisa Cheshire | 09 March 2011 | Print | Download | Comment | Share

Pakistan is on track to export over 165,000 tonnes of mangoes during the 2011 season, above the official 140,000-tonne target

Pakistani exporters are expecting to export a total of 165,000 tonnes of mangoes this season, well above the official 140,000-tonne target, thanks to favourable growing conditions and improved productivity, reports grower-shipper Imtiaz Enterprises.

Managing director Imtiaz Hussain said Pakistani producers were predicting a good mango harvest this year as a result of good weather and better training. Picking is due to start in May.

"Targets can be surpassed substantially as exports should continue until mid-September," Mr Imtiaz said.

Mr Imtiaz added that Pakistani growers had received considerable support from the Agribusiness Support Fund (ASF) and the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to improve agricultural standards and productivity, and meet international market requirements.

"With all this support, Pakistan is in a position to export a good quantity of mangoes with better fruit sizing and the availability of modern processing facilities," he said, adding that USAID's mango programme had so far helped 21 Pakistani mango farms gain Global Gap certification.

Pakistani Honey mangoes will make their debut in Russia and China this season with the support of the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) and Fruit and Vegetable exporters association, according to Mr Imtiaz. The event will be marked by mango exhibitions and road shows in the two countries, he said.

I want them here and now, I don't want to wait until June...

are these similar to what i find in mexican stores ??
look diff to me

Believe me Its nothing like you ever tasted or smelled before specially the "Anwar Ritol" and "Chonsa", they are straight from heaven, and same is true for Pakistani Kino (citrus). Miss them both.

Pakistani mangoes export to USA still waiting for some protocols

Mango Export to USA in collaboration with related institutions like MINFA (Ministry of Food & Agriculture), NAPHIS (National Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service), DPP in Pakistan and USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), APHIS in the United States. Still some documentation is pending from the Government of Pakistan before APHIS (Animal Plant Health Inspection Service) can begin to issue compliance agreements then Permits; told by Ahmad Jawad CEO-Harvest Tradings.

Mr. Jawad said, APHIS mentioned some requirements for Mango Exports to USA

1. Mangoes can be sent only from orchards/pack houses certified by Department of Plant Protection (DPP) Government of Pakistan

2. Mangoes are allowed only in Pest Proof Packaging with defined specifications

3. Consignments are only allowed port entry at O’Hare International Airport, Chicago

4. Only commercial consignments through air freight cargo are authorized, not personal baggage, mail or other carrier

5. Consignments have to be irradiated at Sadex Corporation, Sioux City, Iowa before being transported to other parts of United States through the Importer.

6. Only an importer with valid import permit in United Sates can import fresh mangoes from Pakistan

7. Consignments are subject to all the related US Import Laws

If the Government of Pakistan expedite the process with the USDA, iam sure the shipments will be start in June 2011; he added.

Miss.Saima Saleem
Email: saima.j@harvesttradings.com
Ph: (92-51) 8084433,22

Publication date: 4/28/2011

This is pathetic and disgusting, 'we give you mangoes you give us drone strikes', and a bs amount of highly conditional aid money. The country is getting more pathetic.

Mango price up by 100 percent this year
27th May, 2011 11:56:56 AM

KARACHI: Mango prices have increased by more than 100 percent and there is no chance for price to go below Rs50 per kg throughout the season, said a market leader on Thursday.

Currently, high quality mango is being sold around Rs80 per kg in retail markets whereas mango that sold for Rs20 to Rs25 per kg last year would be sold at Rs50 to Rs60 per kg this year, said President Welfare Association Wholesale Vegetable Market Haji Shah Jehan.

Price of a 10-kg box increased in the wholesale market by around Rs150 to Rs300.

Mango export has started from this week. Exporters have received orders of around 250,000 tons from around the globe. There is huge demand for Sindh’s unique variety Sindhri, he said.

Despite some orders from the USA, no consignment has been dispatched so far, but shipments are likely in June.

Pakistan produces nearly 1.4 million tons of mango in 100 varieties, of which 200,000 to 250,000 is exported.

Pakistani mangoes are usually exported to the Middle East, mostly UAE, as it becomes easy freight service for Pakistani exporters. Pakistani exporters sell their produce at cheaper rates than Indians.

Shah Jehan said that there is huge demand in Russia and the former Soviet states, but there was need for proper support by the government and the banking sector. Currently, he said, mango was illegally transported to former Soviet states through the Chaman border.

Besides, there is also demand for Pakistani mango in Malaysia, Indonesia, Cananda and Iran. “We can increase our exports to 600,000 tons with the government’s support,” he said.

Mango is the most widely consumed fresh fruit in the world with production exceeding 17 million metric tons per year. Mexico is the largest exporter of mango.

Cultivated for over 6,000 years, the king fruit enjoys the status of national fruit of Pakistan, India and Philippines, whereas Pakistani mango varieties surpass their competitors for having a unique aroma and sweetness.

European Union and Middle East are the major importers of Pakistani mangoes.

This year, Pakistani mangoes are on their debut in the US. “From June 01, 2011, exporters may send mangoes to USA,” said CEO Harvest Tradings Pakistan Ahmad Jawad.

Mehmood Nawaz Shah, General Secretary, Sindh Abadgar Board, said weather conditions were not suitable for mango in Sindh this year, so crop size dropped by around 20 percent.

End.

Bhayyo jaldi aam bhejo mein sindhri, chonsa, daseri, langra, anwar retol kay liye bilbila raha hooon. The mangoes that are sold in US currently are equal to 0 if compare to Pakistani mangoes. I 'm not saying this cuz i am Pakistani but i have taste both & i think everyone should taste Pakistani mango, i think mangoes from Pakistan are the best in the world.

I think there is a mistake here..in 2010. Pakistan became the first Asian country to export mangoes to USA.
And I assume the indians wont run out screaming there are bombs in mangos! Because mango war is something for real i see in near future.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/11831-up-ready-fight-mango-battle-pakistan.html

How about cross border offensive mango exchange.
Both forces engage in days of shelling each other with ripe mango!
Seems everybody talking about mango, but cant stop talking about India. And no Indian commenting here. :)
BTW, India started mango export to USA in 2007, and we agreed to import Harley-davidson.

Mangoes from Pakistan are #1 :cheesy:

You put it in your mouth and you will say wow what the heck was I missing one mango cheers you up

King of all fruits - :)

The fruit that was desired by all the emperors of India of Past ...

Stuff form Mexico is like 2/10 vs 10/10 from Pakistan

:woot:

The messed up with the partition we got all the mangoe fields

Back
Top Bottom