What's new

Pakistan prepares for US mango launch

Have u ever tasted Ratnagiri Alphonso mangoes instead of going on a bandwagon saying Pakistani mangoes are best

Or have you every tasted chaunsa or anwer ratol or dasairi??? You will know what is the best when it comes to mango.;)

Umm its pretty obvious Pakistani mangoes are the best. I knew this white guy who came from Chicago to Toronto just buy Pakistani mangoes.

There is simply no comparison for Pakistani Mangoes.

Anwar Ratol, Maldha, Chaunsa and Langra are the works.

22117728.jpg

There is simply no comparison for Pakistani Mangoes.

Anwar Ratol, Maldha, Chaunsa and Langra are the works.

Pretty sure all those mangoes originated from India and are still grown in India, don't see how you can call them Pakistani mangoes:cheesy:

Pretty sure all those mangoes originated from India and are still grown in India, don't see how you can call them Pakistani mangoes:cheesy:

Do you mean to say, fruit orchards migrated along with people in 1947. :what:

Do you mean to say, fruit orchards migrated along with people in 1947. :what:

No I do not, I was just saying that those mangoes aren't exclusive to Pakistan, in fact all the varieties you mentioned, are endemic to Gangetic plains of India . So you can not say that Pakistani's mangoes are the best, not based on those varieties at least.

No I do not, I was just saying that those mangoes aren't exclusive to Pakistan, in fact all the varieties you mentioned, are endemic to Gangetic plains of India . So you can not say that Pakistani's mangoes are the best, not based on those varieties at least.

You may have Mangoes by the same names but the only Indian Mango I have come across is Alfonso. Where as all the Pakistani variety is widely exported and available here in UK.

You may have Mangoes by the same names but the only Indian Mango I have come across is Alfonso. Where as all the Pakistani variety is widely exported and available here in UK.

Thats partly because of incompetency by Indian producers and partly due to the regions they are grown in, as the markets of Nepal and Bangladesh are closer and are bigger than the UK market.

Mango|Important commercial varieties

Anyways lets not derail this thread anymore, this thread is about Pakistani mangoes. Interestingly Indian mangoes too were allowed into US market in 2007. Here's an interesting article about that, and the problems that Indian exporters will face in US down the line. Pakistani export will face similar issues too imo.

Mad About Mangoes: As Exports to the U.S. Resume, a Juicy Business Opportunity Ripens - India Knowledge@Wharton

India is the world's largest producer as well as consumer of Mangoes. Pakistan only ranks 6th in terms of production.

With over a billion souls, obviously you can eat a tree bare, but err ... we are talking about exporting to US and elsewhere.

Dude looking at recent development I am sensing US sanctions on Pakistan post Afghanistan withdrawal.

^ case of exploding mangoes ;) ..

ps: Dudhiya ( milky) Maldah is the best Mango in the Universe. i have an entire orchard back home

Back
Top Bottom