What's new

PAKISTAN POSITIONING JF-17 FOR GROUND ATTACK ROLE

If you look at some of the threads of @Signalian - the plains of Punjab are well defended. We have numbers and terrain on our side there. It is moving South that our numbers thin out.

In a Cold Start scenario, Pak would not want to escalate things by attacking forming forces on the Indian side of the border. That would make us the bad guys, the provocateurs. It seems in both these alternative scenarios you've painted, you still are accepting the need for CAS, and disagreeing on where it should be concentrated.
The Southern front does present its own challenges which is why winter is preferred as the time of conflict. 55C makes any daytime movement maddening and our nighttime CAS ability is severely lacking.

One solution is to acquire a BaE spear type of weapon to allow targeting of key command vehicles at night.

Night navigation will be difficult for India as well but they have been rehearsing this since Brasstacks and have gotten pretty good at it.

A living bad guy is better than a dead good guy. We have the right to be proactive in preempt a potential threat gathering at our borders.

If you look at some of the threads of @Signalian - the plains of Punjab are well defended. We have numbers and terrain on our side there. It is moving South that our numbers thin out.

In a Cold Start scenario, Pak would not want to escalate things by attacking forming forces on the Indian side of the border. That would make us the bad guys, the provocateurs. It seems in both these alternative scenarios you've painted, you still are accepting the need for CAS, and disagreeing on where it should be concentrated.

The Southern front does present its own challenges which is why winter is preferred as the time of conflict. 55C makes any daytime movement maddening and our nighttime CAS ability is severely lacking.

One solution is to acquire a BaE spear type of weapon to allow targeting of key command vehicles at night.

Night navigation will be difficult for India as well but they have been rehearsing this since Brasstacks and have gotten pretty good at it.

That's an interesting thought!

Thermals and NV are making night fighting a reality. I own 2 night vision devices and you can even get thermal sights of reasonable use for 300-500 USD with shipping. Indians navigating at night will make them easy targets at night with thermals. And there would be massive chances to ambush and booby trap them in a very inhospitable desert.

I could really see Aselpod being useful for strike missions. If K-8 could be equipped with LGBs then 1 JF-17 could fly missions with 3 K-8s and designate for them which negates need for extensive avionic works. If they can each carry 3 LGBs that would mean 12 targets (excluding JF-17 bombs) could be engaged.

I could really see Aselpod being useful for strike missions. If K-8 could be equipped with LGBs then 1 JF-17 could fly missions with 3 K-8s and designate for them which negates need for extensive avionic works. If they can each carry 3 LGBs that would mean 12 targets (excluding JF-17 bombs) could be engaged.

K-8s payload capacity is abysmal and so will be its range when carry any weapons. Its top speed is far below whats required for a safe ingress/egress. There is also no night flying capability. Basically its a primary jet trainer and good at its intended role. You can not make it into a frontline ground attack aircraft. Better to start from scratch with a design intended for the role or buy something offshelf.

K-8s payload capacity is abysmal and so will be its range when carry any weapons. Its top speed is far below whats required for a safe ingress/egress. There is also no night flying capability. Basically its a primary jet trainer and good at its intended role. You can not make it into a frontline ground attack aircraft. Better to start from scratch with a design intended for the role or buy something offshelf.
What aircraft do you propose?

A living bad guy is better than a dead good guy. We have the right to be proactive in preempt a potential threat gathering at our borders.

I agree that sometimes a preemptive attack i necessary.
Preemptive attack doesn´t mean that you are bad...

But when it comes to living or dead, then i rather be a dead good guy than a living bad guy....

Back
Top Bottom