What's new

Pakistan: poor economy, rich country

I Guess your country lacked focus or may have been wrongly directed.... your country spent too much time on concentrating on neighbors rather then yourself.. things would had been really different if your country had been on right track after independence.... Infact your country could had been one of stronger economies ...

I Guess your country lacked focus or may have been wrongly directed.... your country spent too much time on concentrating on neighbors rather then yourself.. things would had been really different if your country had been on right track after independence.... Infact your country could had been one of stronger economies ...

Indian and his biased offensive point of view, first of all our economy out performed you for decades till the 90's when we were sanctioned and we are coming back on track.

Even your country suffers from acute poverty and other human development index markers while you continue to do well. It remains to be seen that how much is it helpful and remember nothing lasts forever.

Your stupid opinion is neither required, nor wanted here. What a stupid thing to say, this is what happens when new indian trolls without any fore knowledge comment on such topics.

Indian and his biased offensive point of view, first of all our economy out performed you for decades till the 90's when we were sanctioned and we are coming back on track.

Even your country suffers from acute poverty and other human development index markers while you continue to do well. It remains to be seen that how much is it helpful and remember nothing lasts forever.

Your stupid opinion is neither required, nor wanted here. What a stupid thing to say, this is what happens when new indian trolls without any fore knowledge comment on such topics.

May be you can show some of your intelligence for your countrys betterment... i just expressed my views ...

I know v have poverty ... every country has... we have high population so we have high number of poor people, high number of sick people and also high number of rich people.... if not for wealth distribution and black money India is one of the richest countries.... and i dare say..

Anyways we were not discussing about India

500 billion gold n copper. I just need proper digging tools and we can have a wild california gold rush here too!

May be you can show some of your intelligence for your countrys betterment... i just expressed my views ...

I know v have poverty ... every country has... we have high population so we have high number of poor people, high number of sick people and also high number of rich people.... if not for wealth distribution and black money India is one of the richest countries.... and i dare say..

Anyways we were not discussing about India

So your idiotic statement about us concentrating on our neighbors is some sort of factually relevant point that will make our country better.

Like I said, we performed much better that you until early 90's when Pressler Amendments sanctioned Pakistan causing poverty to increase and economy to decline. We were doing very well until this happened, similarly our economy picked up post Musharraf and is starting to do well again (4.1% growth during low grade civil war).

You statement holds no ground, is factually incorrect and is typical of the views shared by many of your fellow countrymen. India is not the reason we are lacking in consistent growth but other decisions which have not got much to do with India, things like working with USA against the Soviet Invasion is a major cause for economic decline because of a high number of migrants who overloaded our civil system.

You opinion is offensive and distasteful, you can put it in better words by highlight cooperation or relating to limited concentration on military build up to highlight your point but you chose a demeaning way of putting your point across.

As for betterment, this article itself is enough for people to ponder and work towards betterment.

So your idiotic statement about us concentrating on our neighbors is some sort of factually relevant point that will make our country better.

Like I said, we performed much better that you until early 90's when Pressler Amendments sanctioned Pakistan causing poverty to increase and economy to decline. We were doing very well until this happened, similarly our economy picked up post Musharraf and is starting to do well again (4.1% growth during low grade civil war).

You statement holds no ground, is factually incorrect and is typical of the views shared by many of your fellow countrymen. India is not the reason we are lacking in consistent growth but other decisions which have not got much to do with India, things like working with USA against the Soviet Invasion is a major cause for economic decline because of a high number of migrants who overloaded our civil system.

You opinion is offensive and distasteful, you can put it in better words by highlight cooperation or relating to limited concentration on military build up to highlight your point but you chose a demeaning way of putting your point across.

As for betterment, this article itself is enough for people to ponder and work towards betterment.

So how unoffensive is your statement?

View expressed by you are shared by your fellow countrymen... so why did you work with US against soviet.... is it not because India was ally of soviets...??

Last edited:
So how unoffensive is your statement?

View expressed by you are shared by your fellow countrymen... so why did you work with US against soviet.... is it not because India was ally of soviets...??

My statement is offensive, but that is the way you spoke and I returned the favor.

We worked against the soviets because we had an influx of Afghan refugees and would not want USSR in our neighborhood considering that we were not close to them.

But if it makes you feel better, we did it because of India, we do everything because of India. We think India, We talk India and we walk India. Even though I do not even know much about india, such as how many states there are or how many prime ministers you have had but I always do everything because of India.

Forget abt the coal reserves..its such low quality..read the same elsewhere here in this forum...
but thr r still more options
MAKE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT THEY HAVE TO PAY TAXES TO THEIR MOTHERLAND.

Low Quality, Low quality, low quality

guyz don't you read anything else besides low quality coal of thar? i mean do you ignore other news and only read that the thar coal is of low quality?

“Just the fuel cost of power generation is Rs10 per kilowatt hour when furnace oil is used. It is Rs3 per kWh for gas and using Iranian gas will take it to Rs8 per kWh. But the fuel cost of Lakhra coal is just Rs2.5 to Rs3 per kWh.” —SH

Source: Pakistani experts shocked

i remember another news that was posted here that said furnace oil costing us around 9rs per KWh (i think) and this coal will cost us around 5rupees. So despite it being a low quality coal it is still far cheaper than using those expensive imported oil. End of the day this coal is coming from Pakistan and whatever money is being spent is also is being invested in Pakistan and our foreign exchange reserves are not being used.

Last but not least, read this news for multiple uses of the coal

Many uses for huge Coal reserves Pakistan Ledger

A very interesting statement made by a wise and mature man. I thank Mr. Kakgeta to show me this article. The very name of this thread is applicable to almost entire South and Southeast Asia. From Pakistan onwards till Vietnam, the countries are rich in natural resources. Gold, coal, silver, agriculture, diamonds, lumber.. you name it. And still this section of the world remains one of the most under-developed and poor.

Instead China, Middle East, Japan, Singapore etc countries that have absolute or near-zero resources have become world's most successful economies. Don't you think that there is something missing in your countries that these resource-less countries managed to observe and use to their favour?

Even Europe had absolutely waste green lands of grass and shrubs with limited wealth until the British and Europeans discovered South Asia. So this is a clear case of mis-management and a lack of public awareness to demand reforms from your government aggressively that makes your leaders corrupt. You elected them therefore they are answerable to you. Unless you make this point across the table, it is in human nature to misuse power wherever or whenever possible.

Low Quality, Low quality, low quality

guyz don't you read anything else besides low quality coal of thar? i mean do you ignore other news and only read that the thar coal is of low quality?

Source: Pakistani experts shocked

i remember another news that was posted here that said furnace oil costing us around 9rs per KWh (i think) and this coal will cost us around 5rupees. So despite it being a low quality coal it is still far cheaper than using those expensive imported oil. End of the day this coal is coming from Pakistan and whatever money is being spent is also is being invested in Pakistan and our foreign exchange reserves are not being used.

Last but not least, read this news for multiple uses of the coal

Many uses for huge Coal reserves Pakistan Ledger

if thats is any use..foreign investment will come...Why nobody is interested ? even resource hungry CHINA will swarm u..why they're not interested..compare this with telecom growth in ur country..why that sector is growing..???

There is Oil along the Border with Iran and in fact Iranian oil can be tap from there. I think Pakistan and Iran has a agreement that Pakistan will not tap that oil.

Its the coward leaders we have, they do not posses the courage to take initiatives and utilise all our resources. They are too scared of the Mullah's and the western leaders.

We need a man who stands up to everyone and says I am going to do things my way, then he/she would proceed to clean up our country and make us an example that we ought to be. The way Jinnah had dreamed of Pakistan.

We need to grow out of this culture of personality or a simple person expectation.

Its not going to be ONE INDIVIDUAL thats going to miraculously come and change everything, thats physically impossible and from a practical point of view, never going to happen, so lets be honest here. And even if that were the the case, then we should have a monarchy and select someone to be the king of the country (btw, good luck with that :woot:)

The answer lies in institutions, that are sound, solid, with checks and balance, and that work like clockwork. All successful countries, irrespective of the people that live and migrate to them, have strong institutions. Even in Europe/North America, they may have universal education and so called ''civilized'' people, but things are kept in order by checks and balance, stregth of rule and law. The risk of being caught, camera's at red lights so you dont run them, you might run it once, but once you get that 300$ (20,000 rupees) ticket, i doubt you'll do it again. (Just an example)

We have never let our institutions develop, to turn the full wheel, and streghthen and establish themselves....

Pakistan needs to have strong civilian institutions, we might need international help to give us insight into this, possibly even hire international experts in the beginning and make them solid and fool proof. But the answer lies in our institutions.

We have all the tools to be a great country, our people are great, just look at all the Pakistani's in foreign countries who are professionals and doing great things, there are many doing great things even within Pakistan, but we can do alot more. We need to fix our system from within, and have a sound functioning system. This I believe is something very doable and would be a good first step in the right direction.

if thats is any use..foreign investment will come...Why nobody is interested ? even resource hungry CHINA will swarm u..why they're not interested..compare this with telecom growth in ur country..why that sector is growing..???

There are several countries invovled in coal projects of thar. But they want appropriate infrastructure before the money can be invested. The government is finally working on it and it is expected that we will finally be able to use these resources by next year.

South Korea, China, if i am not wrong Germany and few other countries has fined couple of MoUs and they would happily be investing if security improves and appropriate infrastructure is provided

Don't worry next year you won't be able to say this Insha'Allah :tup:

A very interesting statement made by a wise and mature man. I thank Mr. Kakgeta to show me this article. The very name of this thread is applicable to almost entire South and Southeast Asia. From Pakistan onwards till Vietnam, the countries are rich in natural resources. Gold, coal, silver, agriculture, diamonds, lumber.. you name it. And still this section of the world remains one of the most under-developed and poor.

Instead China, Middle East, Japan, Singapore etc countries that have absolute or near-zero resources have become world's most successful economies. Don't you think that there is something missing in your countries that these resource-less countries managed to observe and use to their favour?

Even Europe had absolutely waste green lands of grass and shrubs with limited wealth until the British and Europeans discovered South Asia. So this is a clear case of mis-management and a lack of public awareness to demand reforms from your government aggressively that makes your leaders corrupt. You elected them therefore they are answerable to you. Unless you make this point across the table, it is in human nature to misuse power wherever or whenever possible.

What article by Mr Kakgeta, the only article here is the original one posted by moi. :lol:

As for your statement regarding China, Middle East, Japan, Singapore having absolute or near-zero resources, I would give you a chance to reconsider what you have written becuase some of these countries are full of natural resources, for example middle east is full of oil.

Natural resources bring in wealth that is then used to build up your services sector and subsequent development of highly skilled man power.

South Asia and many of the third world countries are still reeling from the damage done in their colonial days. It might take some time but they sure will achieve greatness, every dog has its day.

Back
Top Bottom