What's new

Pakistan: poor economy, rich country

Indian and his biased offensive point of view, first of all our economy out performed you for decades till the 90's when we were sanctioned and we are coming back on track.

When doing a comparative analysis, one most not forget that India had not allowed liberlaization of nearly any kind until the major reforms undertaken by Manmohan Singh under Narasimha Rao. The controlled economy of the License Raj had rejected capitalistic tendencies unlike China and even to some extent Russia. We didn't outgrow India (economically) because of our performance entirely but because India lagged behind owing to its own problems.

When doing a comparative analysis, one most not forget that India had not allowed liberlaization of nearly any kind until the major reforms undertaken by Manmohan Singh under Narasimha Rao. The controlled economy of the License Raj had rejected capitalistic tendencies unlike China and even to some extent Russia. We didn't outgrow India (economically) because of our performance entirely but because India lagged behind owing to its own problems.

Well I was merely referring to the fact that we performed better economically withstanding the economic policies of the time. Manmohan Singh brought in excellent reforms that have changed the country for the better.

I agree with what you have to say but might I add that India did not outgrow Pakistan (economically) because of their performance entirely but because Pakistan lagged behind owing to its own problems.

Our internal problems and sanctions have been the cause of slow or stunted growth, otherwise we perfrom very well. We are starting to pick up again and hopefully be able to retain our high growth.

Last edited:
CK24UZoWsAAtUdu.jpg

so true,

we are blessed with Natural reserves but lacking infrastructure, technology, equipments, money, leadership to utilize these reserves.

Once we are done with most of the problems mentioned above our economy growth rate will take a dramatic turn and i wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses 10% every year for the next couple of decades

someone was telling me this story, he went to an investment seminar in the US and when finished one guy who he had acquainted during the seminar came to him and asked "Was your Mr. Jinah a Geologist, he seemed to have carved off the best of India for Pakistan"

so true,

we are blessed with Natural reserves but lacking infrastructure, technology, equipments, money, leadership to utilize these reserves.

Once we are done with most of the problems mentioned above our economy growth rate will take a dramatic turn and i wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses 10% every year for the next couple of decades

By this logic African countries are most rich country...

Prosperity don't come by minerals and water. It comes by governance..

In paksiatn where so many terrorists(TTP, LeJ, LeT, JuD, Dawood, Nuke smugglers) live. How do u think happines come??

To become rich first thing is good government..

Back
Top Bottom