What's new

Pakistan: Peshawar twin blasts kills seven

We all knew the peace in Pakistan wouldn't last forever, till it is engaged in the WOT. Interestingly, this attack has just happened a day after the drone strikes in North Waziristan that killed about 20 people. Pakistan has been free from bombings since almost the last 2 months. Drone strikes during the holy month of Ramazan are not a good idea, & they will be retaliated by terrorists, in the form of attacks on Pakistan. But why did the BBC have to write this ridiculous statement (when it is completely false)?

Militant attacks in Pakistan have risen sharply since May, when US commandos killed al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.

oh my GOD..
after 2 months agian blasts in peshawar....
MAY ALLAH safe us all.ameen

We all knew the peace in Pakistan wouldn't last forever, till it is engaged in the WOT. Interestingly, this attack has just happened a day after the drone strikes in North Waziristan that killed about 20 people. Pakistan has been free from bombings since almost the last 2 months. Drone strikes during the holy month of Ramazan are not a good idea, & they will be retaliated by terrorists, in the form of attacks on Pakistan. But why did the BBC have to write this ridiculous statement (when it is completely false)?

Just when I was thinking that Pakistan has become relatively calm. The problem is, you have to use brute force against these terrorists rather than protesting against US for something that is simply an excuse to these terrorists to destabilize your country. The TTP is not a patriotic ultranationalist organization that needs to worry about Pakistani security as its statements often allege the support that GOP gives to US is against Pakistani people's interests. The US has nothing to do with TTP and it is clearly shown. Their targets are Taliban (Afghan) and AQ on which they are hot-footed already.

Hence it should be Pakistani commandos like SSG who should move in and destroy these terrorists with brute force without giving a damn about them. And do it covertly so that militant-sympathetic lobbies don't get to know in media (Trust me, we got loony traitors like that in India as well).

people of peshawar have gotten immune to such attacks..there is no panic, its just considered as road side accident..people gather and help the injured out..i dont know what TTP can/want to achieve by using children and underage distrubed and brain washed children for such attcks...

It had been a while since such an event in Peshawar, two years ago it used to be quotidian, and the optimist in me thought the worst was history...not again.

The US does not consider Pakistan a “rogue state.” In fact, we value our partnership with your government very highly, even when there are disagreements between our governments, and we seek a long term strategic relationship with Pakistan. It is true that the security of our own country is our highest concern – that should be the highest concern of any country. But we do not benefit from such indiscriminate violence in your country. A stable and prosperous Pakistan serves our national interest just as it serves that of the people of Pakistan.

Have we not seen the cowardly Taliban use young kids as suicide bombers to kill innocent Pakistanis? Have they not used teenage and pre-teen female bombers to explode themselves and take the lives of innocents? Blaming these attacks on the United States makes no sense. Taliban proudly boast and take responsibility for these horrendous attacks! Do you not disrespect the innocent who die in these attacks when you, without fact, use conspiracy theories to take the focus away from their murderers? US stands by the Pakistani government, military and people who fight against these terrorists. We need to stand together and to eliminate the Taliban threat and to ensure a future of promise for coming generations.

CDR Bill Speaks
DET-United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Just when I was thinking that Pakistan has become relatively calm. The problem is, you have to use brute force against these terrorists rather than protesting against US for something that is simply an excuse to these terrorists to destabilize your country. The TTP is not a patriotic ultranationalist organization that needs to worry about Pakistani security as its statements often allege the support that GOP gives to US is against Pakistani people's interests. The US has nothing to do with TTP and it is clearly shown. Their targets are Taliban (Afghan) and AQ on which they are hot-footed already.

Hence it should be Pakistani commandos like SSG who should move in and destroy these terrorists with brute force without giving a damn about them. And do it covertly so that militant-sympathetic lobbies don't get to know in media (Trust me, we got loony traitors like that in India as well).

Pakistan has applied all its resources in Kurram, Mohmand, South Waziristan & parts of Orakzai Agencies in on-going operations, conducting these operations very well, which has resulted in the scaling down of attacks in Pakistan. However, Pakistan has stretched out its resources & does not enough to open a new front. The US drone strikes operations is destabilizing Pakistan, rather than making things better. A ground operation would be the best for North Waziristan, but unfortunately, the Pakistan Army's resources have been stretched out.

RIP the dead and we need to get of the war now, our ppl are being killed like their lives mean nothing. here militants are killing innocents, and then usa;s drones kill MANY innocents, we are being targeted from both sides.

This is another reason why burqas need to be banned. No wonder why every country is banning the burqa.

a cowardly attack on innocent people.....whether it is policemen who are simply doing their jobs, or the 12 year old boy who was just walking to school to get an education

its another reminder that we must remain vigilant, and ruthlessly crush these terrorists and their handlers no matter which hole or den they are hiding in...

people like you are no different than Taliban IMHO.....may Allah guide u

it is a problem though when burqa-clad terrorists attack public places

it is loose clothing, and easy to conceal things underneath......me personally, i think also it should be banned....at least until we solve the security issues

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom