What's new

Pakistan ordered AKINCI UCAV. Pakistan will be one of the first users of the AKINCI system

The procurement of too many types doesn't make sense from the perspective of supply chain, inventory and maintenance.
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) do you think these will help us in improving our indigenous products?
I'd say the issue isn't that we're importing equipment. Rather, the problem is that our ability to finance this equipment is dwindling with each passing year because our economic fundamentals are bad. Basically, we don't have enough foreign currency to sustain this in the long term.

For me, this is the only reason why I strongly support indigenous development. It channels money into the local economy and can result in high-tech inputs that we can use to substitute imports and/or export in other industries.

Unfortunately, to successfully pull this policy off, you need both able decision-making and longevity/consistency in implementation. Pakistan may get the former from time to time, but the latter is totally missing. Consistency helps build institutional culture and create more good decision-makers in the chain who can course-correct without totally missing the fundamental goal. @JamD

Ultimately, the Bayraktar TB2 and Akinci are the best drones in their class available to Pakistan, and for now, the PAF (and apparently PN) can afford them. So, they'll go for it. However, like manned fighters of yesteryears, the next generation of unmanned drones (e.g., MIUS UCAV) will be expensive.

It's good to boast of this, but I actually wonder the reason behind this hodge podge of somewhat similar platforms.

Perhaps maintenance costs of UAV's are so low that you can afford a hodge podge?
Why a "hodge podge" of systems? You have basically two suppliers: Turkey & China. I assume that drones from one supplier share certain similarities which will aid the maintenance and logistic task.

I don't know much about drone fleets but aren't they a lot easier to service than fighter jets and other aircrafts? Come to think of it, there are many countries with varying drone systems from different suppliers. Why should it be a problem in case of Pakistan?

I'd say the issue isn't that we're importing equipment. Rather, the problem is that our ability to finance this equipment is dwindling with each passing year because our economic fundamentals are bad. Basically, we don't have enough foreign currency to sustain this in the long term.

For me, this is the only reason why I strongly support indigenous development. It channels money into the local economy and can result in high-tech inputs that we can use to substitute imports and/or export in other industries.

Unfortunately, to successfully pull this policy off, you need both able decision-making and longevity/consistency in implementation. Pakistan may get the former from time to time, but the latter is totally missing. Consistency helps build institutional culture and create more good decision-makers in the chain who can course-correct without totally missing the fundamental goal. @JamD

Ultimately, the Bayraktar TB2 and Akinci are the best drones in their class available to Pakistan, and for now, the PAF (and apparently PN) can afford them. So, they'll go for it. However, like manned fighters of yesteryears, the next generation of unmanned drones (e.g., MIUS UCAV) will be expensive.
Right. When we had money (in relative terms) we should have been building productive capacity. However, we were mostly buying products and making fun of India for trying to build their defense industry. They are and continue to leapfrog us as we lose the ability to buy and have no local capacity to fall back on, whereas they have money to buy the world's best and a local industry that is rapidly picking up.

Right. When we had money (in relative terms) we should have been building productive capacity. However, we were mostly buying products and making fun of India for trying to build their defense industry. They are and continue to leapfrog us as we lose the ability to buy and have no local capacity to fall back on, whereas they have money to buy the world's best and a local industry that is rapidly picking up.
India's also reaching a point where the foreign OEMs have to integrate themselves into the local industry to compete. So, they get offsets that help with the foreign currency flows, deep ToT offers, etc.

It's tragically ironic, but if you read the first PAF history book, you'll find that the founding decision-makers in both Pakistan and India had thought along the same lines. We both wanted to locally manufacture those early generation jets. Yet, it was India that "stuck" to the path, while we didn't.

What doesn't give me a good feeling as a Pakistani is the economy of scale India will be able to achieve within the next 10-20 years within the defense industry alone. I never laughed at India's efforts for indigenous development (mostly just taunting), while our boys laid back and didn't prosper much with the local industry or built it to economy of scale.

BTW, how many years has GIDS been in service now?

Those birds are already proven and apraised, so it is exellemt development for PAF particulary for internal counter terrorism and generral inteligence-surveliance operations, but what would be even better in terms of giving headache to the bharatians is aquiring KORAL systems or adding complementary domestic solutions if avaiiable.

Last edited:
What doesn't give me a good feeling as a Pakistani is the economy of scale India will be able to achieve within the next 10-20 years within the defense industry alone. I never laughed at India's efforts for indigenous development (mostly just taunting), while our boys laid back and didn't prosper much with the local industry or built it to economy of scale.
You and me both friend.

BTW, how many years has GIDS been in service now?
urm GIDS is just a marketing front for NESCOM and some other orgs. NESCOM has existed for almost 2 decades. The organizations that make up NESCOM have existed for at least 3-4 decades.

Maybe you were wondering whether we have had enough time. So yes, we've had tons of time. We have just lacked consistent and smart policy.

Listen you genius Turkiye was kicked out of the F35 programme it was a partner in development otherwise Turkiye would be glad to receive those F35's because it is simply the most advanced available fighter in the world.

What you say about Akıncı is basically same as me saying **** F35 lets develop our own in case of US selling it to Turkiye.

Those uav's that you made are shit quality nothing close to advanced ones. Iran has also alot of these drones they are not same class.

A fucking Fiat is not same as Ferarri.
hahaha fiat owns ferrari dont u know

Great news, it will enhance our strike capability massively,,,

Pak Turk dosti zindabaad

@Windjammer @SQ8 @Huffal @Zarvan
I am trying to understand mindset of our leadership. Akinci, Wing Long II, TB 2 Bayratkar, CH 4, Shahpar II, Burraq and I am pretty sure Pakistan is considering few more drones like Aksungur, CH-5 and few with jet engines like CH-7 or cloud shadow or some thing in same category from China and joint collaboration with Turkey.

Just realized I forgot Anka and our own MALE drone program.

@Tipu7 @Sulman Badshah @Zephyrus

Last edited:
I am trying to understand mindset of our leadership. Akinci, Wing Long II, TB 2 Bayratkar, CH 4, Shahpar II, Burraq and I am pretty sure Pakistan is considering few more drones like Aksungur, CH-5 and few with jet engines like CH-7 or cloud shadow or some thing is same category from China and joint collaboration with Turkey.

Just realized I forgot Anka and our own MALE drone program.

@Tipu7 @Sulman Badshah @Zephyrus
You know what Zarvan, you might just be right.

According to the information obtained by SavunmaSanayiST.com from defense sources; Pakistan has ordered both AKINCI Attack Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (TİHA) and Bayraktar TB2 Armed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (SİHA) to BAYKAR. Thus, Pakistan Air Force will be one of the first users of AKINCI TİHA.

AKINCI-IHA.jpg

AKINCI TİHA, which has been in the inventory of the National Intelligence Organization and the Land Forces Command, is expected to be delivered to the Air Force Command in a short time.

AKINCI TİHAs delivered to the MIT and the Land Forces Command are in the AKINCI-A configuration equipped with the Ukraine-made Al450T engine; AKINCIs to be delivered to the Air Force Command will be in AKINCI-B configuration with 2x 750 horsepower engines.

According to the information received, BAYKAR has so far signed contracts for the export of AKINCI TİHA with 4 countries and Bayraktar TB2 SİHA with 22 countries. Pakistan will be one of the few countries after Turkiye that has both AKINCI TİHA and Bayraktar TB2 SİHA in its inventory.

While it is estimated that Pakistan will have AKINCI-B, BAYKAR is expected to start overseas AKINCI TİHA deliveries, at the beginning of next year.

2022-03-12-Baykar-Bayraktar-Akinci-tiha-irtifa-rekoru-3-Copy-1536x1024.jpg

On the other hand, Bayraktar TB2 SİHA, which has been produced more than 300 so far, has proven itself in the most difficult battlefields. Currently; Bayraktar TB2 is actively used by the Turkish Armed Forces, the National Intelligence Organization, the Ministry of Interior and the General Directorate of Forestry.

A significant increase is expected in Bayraktar TB2 SİHA production capacity with the new production facility of BAYKAR, which is under construction.

Awam kay andar daay do ye drones BC! Faislay to hotay nhe, hukam ata hy to lait jatay ho, apni awam par tashadud kartay ho, phr ye sab missile, drone awam par maro!

According to the information obtained by SavunmaSanayiST.com from defense sources; Pakistan has ordered both AKINCI Attack Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (TİHA) and Bayraktar TB2 Armed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (SİHA) to BAYKAR. Thus, Pakistan Air Force will be one of the first users of AKINCI TİHA.

AKINCI-IHA.jpg

AKINCI TİHA, which has been in the inventory of the National Intelligence Organization and the Land Forces Command, is expected to be delivered to the Air Force Command in a short time.

AKINCI TİHAs delivered to the MIT and the Land Forces Command are in the AKINCI-A configuration equipped with the Ukraine-made Al450T engine; AKINCIs to be delivered to the Air Force Command will be in AKINCI-B configuration with 2x 750 horsepower engines.

According to the information received, BAYKAR has so far signed contracts for the export of AKINCI TİHA with 4 countries and Bayraktar TB2 SİHA with 22 countries. Pakistan will be one of the few countries after Turkiye that has both AKINCI TİHA and Bayraktar TB2 SİHA in its inventory.

While it is estimated that Pakistan will have AKINCI-B, BAYKAR is expected to start overseas AKINCI TİHA deliveries, at the beginning of next year.

2022-03-12-Baykar-Bayraktar-Akinci-tiha-irtifa-rekoru-3-Copy-1536x1024.jpg

On the other hand, Bayraktar TB2 SİHA, which has been produced more than 300 so far, has proven itself in the most difficult battlefields. Currently; Bayraktar TB2 is actively used by the Turkish Armed Forces, the National Intelligence Organization, the Ministry of Interior and the General Directorate of Forestry.

A significant increase is expected in Bayraktar TB2 SİHA production capacity with the new production facility of BAYKAR, which is under construction.

@dBSPL The Pakistani Generals will probably mortgage this to IMF or America at one phone call against their own people.

Ne faida abicim? Maalesef bu silahlar, toplar, barut ve uçaklar bizim için büyük bila dir. Bizim ruyaler kaput finito no more. Her şeyi bitte :(

You know what Zarvan, you might just be right.
OMG I'm rubbing my eyes re reading that post again and again.

The day has finally come when you have uttered those words in agreement with Zarvan. Hashalilah.

USAF had BGM-34B Firebee as DEAD drone back in 70's.

Back
Top Bottom