What's new

Pakistan open to buying power from Gujarat - Salman Bashir - Economic Times

its gujrat which is 'selling' electricity because they have over capacity. states in India trade electricity with each other, so why not with pakistan which is neaby and there will be minimal T&D loss.

The state of Gujarat should first fulfil the need of it's countrymen... and if there electricity is up for sale regardless of the boundaries, then I think Pakistan should go for it.

No offense meant. But is the shortfall in electricity so huge in Pakistan?
The state of Gujarat should first fulfil the need of it's countrymen... and if there electricity is up for sale regardless of the boundaries, then I think Pakistan should go for it.

No offense meant. But is the shortfall in electricity so huge in Pakistan?

Not that huge as it was a couple of months back. I don't know what the Govt. did that the electricity shortfall has been decreased so phenomenally in recent days.

Exactly my thinking. I mean this question has suddenly been raised off late. Have a number of plants shut down or a huge number of new industries been set up?
Not that huge as it was a couple of months back. I don't know what the Govt. did that the electricity shortfall has been decreased so phenomenally in recent days.

Exactly my thinking. I mean this question has suddenly been raised off late. Have a number of plants shut down or a huge number of new industries been set up?

It's almost 19 Hrs and there's no Loadshedding at all in my area which was the most heavy LS struck area in the past. I don't really know what is going on. They cannot setup a power-plant in 2-months.

Hmm. Good luck in any case :tup:
I know how it feels when the power goes off. Especially in our hot places. :)
Thankfully, we don't face it here, except for the repair works. In that case it stays almost for half a day. Otherwise, thankfully power issue are largely a thing of the past.
It's almost 19 Hrs and there's no Loadshedding at all in my area which was the most heavy LS struck area in the past. I don't really know what is going on. They cannot setup a power-plant in 2-months.

Is it raining in Pakistan? That usually causes a big demand drop. No AC's, no fans, no tube well pumping by farmers etc.....

Hmm. Good luck in any case :tup:
I know how it feels when the power goes off. Especially in our hot places. :)
Thankfully, we don't face it here, except for the repair works. In that case it stays almost for half a day. Otherwise, thankfully power issue are largely a thing of the past.

How's the situation of LS across India?

Is it raining in Pakistan? That usually causes a big demand drop. No AC's, no fans, no tube well pumping by farmers etc.....

Yes it does play it's role upto some extent. But in the past when the day was at a smearing temperature, we use to have heavy LS for almost 18 Hrs or so, but this is not the case anymore, even on a hot day, we get light for 3 - 4 hrs straight and then 1 hr of LS during the day and LS at all at night after 10PM - 7AM.

I would imagine considerably better, especially after the rains. We have no load shedding in Bangalore now. At all. Period.

Yes it does play it's role upto some extent. But in the past when the day was at a smearing temperature, we use to have heavy LS for almost 18 Hrs or so, but this is not the case anymore, even on a hot day, we get light for 3 - 4 hrs straight and then 1 hr of LS during the day and LS at all at night after 10PM - 7AM.

You must also take into account the additional power generated by hydel power plants. Not sure how much power that is but it will certainly be a boost for the next few months at least. The power situation in my state(Karnataka) is almost normal because of massive increase of Hydel power now available after some brilliant rains.

There is no LS (except for an hour in say a month) in most areas of India(rural and urban) But there are places where they are more common. For example in Bihar electricity is in tremendous short supply. They even buy it from Himachal Pradesh!!! Same goes for Tripura. Rest of the North East is reasonably supplied due to oil from Assam(perhaps). But then that is also because the demand is low(low population/no industry). In JnK there was a shortage. Now it has reduced to about a couple of hours max a day. Even this is due to lines being cut due lack of maintenance. There is shortage of power in Chattisgarh, Orissa and Madya Pradesh. But rest of the places - no major issues.

Oil on favorable payment term from KSA may have played their part.

Back
Top Bottom