What's new

Pakistan Oil production surges to 100,000 barrels per day

where did it say that next year we expect 140,000 bpd production? I think this is unrealistic figure

Having said that, I am really happy to see the oil production surging to 100,000 bpd. That means we have saved millions of dollars from oil imports for this year. It somewhat justifies how we have been able to maintain foreign reserves better than expected

Today pakistans largest oil reserves were found in jhelum. With capacity of almost 5000 bpd which amounts for 150000 bpm and 1800000 bpy. Which will surge our production our oil production to new heights. Mari Oil and Gas might even setup a refinery near that field due to high output of oil.

MPCL discovers oil reserves near Jhelum

Today pakistans largest oil reserves were found in jhelum. With capacity of almost 5000 bpd which amounts for 150000 bpm and 1800000 bpy. Which will surge our production our oil production to new heights. Mari Oil and Gas might even setup a refinery near that field due to high output of oil.

MPCL discovers oil reserves near Jhelum
Our total consumption is around 450,000 barrels are day, 5000bpd may be a good addition but not enough for our needs. This is nothing significant...

Our total consumption is around 450,000 barrels are day, 5000bpd may be a good addition but not enough for our needs. This is nothing significant...

Hopefully next year local production will increase to 140,000bpd. That indeed will be significant.

We now need to consume what we can so that our industry can run properly, only then we'll be able to finance more exploration projects.

Last edited:

But a couple of more discoveries like these and we just might be able to achieve the required target but i guess wee will know it when we see it.

Back
Top Bottom