What's new

Pakistan Offers JF-17 to Serbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
. The JF-17 has become a real equalizer for nations outside of conflict with the major powers. Even that is a possibility between the Argentinan JF-17s and the RAF eurofighters in the Falklands.

No.

EFT will dominate the JF-17 with its powerful engines, canard-delta engines and ability to carry 14 Meteor missiles in "Beast Mode"

Against Gripen E, the JF-17 Block 3 should be competitive.

Last edited:
No.

EFT will dominate teh JF-17 with its powerful engines, canard-delta engines and ability to carry 14 Meteor missiles in "Beast Mode"

The Ef is simply in another class, it’s much superior to most other 4th generation aircraft too. But then it costs over 100 million per aircraft. 1-1 the Thunder is not comparable to too many platforms but throw in the cost factor and now it’s 3 thunders versus 1 and that’s when it starts to make sense.

No.

EFT will dominate teh JF-17 with its powerful engines, canard-delta engines and ability to carry 14 Meteor missiles in "Beast Mode"

The JF-17 Block 3 has a very good radar and weaponry. I wouldn't bet against an AESA radar mated with PL-15. The JF-17 Block 3 is a totally different fighter compared to earlier blocks. It has received some serious upgrades. Remember that the JF-17 also has the much improved Klimov RD-93MA afterburning turbofan with FADEC and increased thrust. In other words even better thrust-to-weight ratio. The JF-17 operating in greater numbers alongside is where the real strengh lies. It will pose a serious threat to any 4th to 4.5th gen fighter fleet.

I remember how the Western nations along with India used to mock the JF-17. They don't mock the JF-17 anymore. Everyone understands why.

Last edited:
View attachment 752998

View attachment 752999

Pakistan–Serbia relations

Description
Pakistan–Serbia relations are foreign relations between Pakistan and Serbia. Pakistan has had an embassy in Belgrade since 2001. Serbia closed its embassy in Islamabad in 2001 due to financial reasons and is now represented in Pakistan through its embassy in Beijing in China

So we can settle the question of JF-17 having dual rack?

The JF 17 seems to be a perfect fit for most mid level countries. There is a massive market for it now and i hope we play our cards well. The JFT could well be operated by upto 10 air forces by 2030s decade.

Jf17 will bw thw new mig21
Problem is that aircarfts/airforces are overated these days so demand is very little..with precison weapons and drones this is shrinking further

Countries that decided airforce is worthy and have money will go for high end weapons like, su30, f15, f35 and rafale

Countries that are not super rich will primarily choose between f16,korean eagle, gripen,mig35/29, jf17 and chinese trainers aircarfts

The JF 17 seems to be a perfect fit for most mid level countries. There is a massive market for it now and i hope we play our cards well. The JFT could well be operated by upto 10 air forces by 2030s decade.

Not every air force is going to induct 5th and 6th gen fighters. Many air forces cannot even afford them and operate them. That leaves 4th and 4.5th gen fighters. In this category I would say the JF-17 Block 3 is hands down most competitive. The price performance is unbeatable. The Western alternatives are often more costly and prone to sanctions for developing nations.

No.

EFT will dominate the JF-17 with its powerful engines, canard-delta engines and ability to carry 14 Meteor missiles in "Beast Mode"

It’s gonna be tough, which is why I said it was a “Possibility”. The Falklands has a limited number of Eurofighters at Mt. Pleasant for air policing. It’s not inconceivable in the future the large flight of JF-17 could successfully engage that force of their tactics and strategy are right.

Ultimately, the JF-17s are better suited to defend against Brazilian Gripens and Chilean F-16s, then offensive operations against Eurofighters on QRA standby.

Asalam u alaikum

Dear all senior members,
I don't want to ruin the celebration of a possible new customer for JF -17 Thunder.
But since i have saw this news, i recall my memory back to 1992 muslim massacre in Bosnia by these Serbs. And then 1999 again a bloody conflict against the ethnic Albanian muslims of Kosovo.

So arming a nation, who had bad track record against the muslims.... Is it good or strategic mistake for future of the balkan muslims. Because in last few years Serbia is quickly recovering from its economic downfall. And still they have not recognize the muslim state of Kosovo. So future conflict possible any time in a decade.
So in future they might use these jets against small muslim independent state of Kosovo and might be also against the Bosnia and Albania.
Thanks to all my seniors on this forum.
( And i am also a Pakistani.)

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Look at that Chineese presentation. As useless as an aesthetically pleasing aircraft design. :P
Everybody's gangsta until the guy who says, "this doesn't look pretty enough" shows up to sign the dotted line.

But seriously, it is ironic that a successor state of Yugoslavia is considering the JF-17. Yugoslavia was also designing a lightweight multi-role fighter -- Novi Avion -- that they dreamed of exporting to countries like Pakistan.

1623609851707.png

...and yeah, I would've killed for a mini Rafale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom