What's new

Pakistan not responsible for failure in Afghanistan: McCain

FalconsForPeace

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Senator John McCain has given Pakistan a clean chit as far as Afghanistan’s troubled state of affairs is concerned, a private TV channel reported on Thursday.

mccain (1).jpg

Chairman of the United States Armed Services Committee said that the responsibility of trouble in Afghanistan and the failure to resolve it did not lie with Pakistan or President Ashraf Ghani but with President Barack Obama. He criticised Obama’s policies while talking about the region.

According to the US senator, the relations of Pakistan with the United States are fundamentally important and the terms between the two are better than before.However, he said that the US-Pakistan relations had entered a sensitive phase ever since an extremist outfit, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, emerged in Afghanistan. He favoured talks and negotiations among countries for resolution of outstanding issues instead of boycotts. outstanding issues instead of boycott.

India should not have had any issue with Pakistan’s Nuclear Suppliers Group inclusion bid, Republican’s 2008 presidential nominee said adding that good terms with the neighbours are in benefit for all.

He observed that permanent deployment of US troops in Afghanistan would be beneficial just like Korea, Japan and Germany. The United States senator told that he met former president of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari on his wish and could not meet Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif but that he prayed for his sound health.

McCain said that he would meet Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif and Chairman of the Senate, Raza Rabbani soon.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/132062-Pakistan-not-responsible-for-failure-in-Afghanistan-McCain

Last edited by a moderator:
The way things are escalating it seems more of a good copy bad cop play by the US as usual...nothing fancy or better for us I can see

@A-Team But according to Afghans every wrong thing that happens in Afghanistan starts from GHQ and ends at GHQ.

I for one think that Afghans would be naive to put all their dirty laundry in the GHQ's basket, since issues like corruption, nepotism are not the creations of the GHQ but internal Afghan problems. Furthermore issues such as cross border terrorism, suicide bombings, beheading etc are of course done via GHQ proxies and there is no doubt where they get their trainings, funding and logistics.

As for what Senator John McCain statement's I see it more a reflection of US internal politics aka democrats vs republicans than GHQ's policies vis-a-vis Afghanistan.

PS : Mullah Mansoor was found in Baluchistan, Mullah Omar was treated in Karachi and current Tali head honcho is in Quetta and not in the backyard of Obama.

/Peace

PS : Mullah Mansoor was found in Baluchistan, Mullah Omar was treated in Karachi and current Tali head honcho is in Quetta and not in the backyard of Obama.
Yes i know taliban come and hide in Pakistan bexause they dont have a place for hiding in afghanistan despite the fact that they control more area then the mayors of Kabul.

/Peace

The same Taliban America wants to talk to. In what international terrorism are Taliban involved in? If America leaves today, it will be fight between Taliban and the warlords ruling Afghanistan right now. And honestly when I have to take sides, I see the warlords who whine about Taliban are no less evil than Taliban themselves.

What position does Rasheed Dostum have in the ruling coalition in Afghanistan? How is he nay better than Mullah Mansoor or any other Taliban leader?

No matter how much we hate it, Taliban are a party to Afghan peace. They have been accepted as such.

Yes i know taliban come and hide in Pakistan bexause they dont have a place for hiding in afghanistan despite the fact that they control more area then the mayors of Kabul.

Ok that was more an emotional response to my arguments than one based on objectivity :)

Tali foot soldiers are taken out in droves and if any Talis leadership crosses over to AF they are taken out in a matter of hours if not days, the issue is that the command and control are in Pakistan.

I for one think that Afghans would be naive to put all their dirty laundry in the GHQ's basket, since issues like corruption, nepotism are not the creations of the GHQ but internal Afghan problems. Furthermore issues such as cross border terrorism, suicide bombings, beheading etc are of course done via GHQ proxies and there is no doubt where they get their trainings, funding and logistics.

As for what Senator John McCain statement's I see it more a reflection of US internal politics aka democrats vs republicans than GHQ's policies vis-a-vis Afghanistan.

/Peace
well we think other way around , every suicide bomb and terror attack in Pakistan has roots in Afghanistan and direct involvement of indian and afghan agenices ....
the day afghan will shun its biased policy towards india things will change in positive direction in this region but i don't see in near future as indian funded afghan media and paid leaders are brainwashing afghan youth against Pakistan ,,,,

Ok that was more an emotional response to my arguments than one based on objectivity :)

Tali foot soldiers are taken out in droves and if any Talis leadership crosses over to AF they are taken out in a matter of hours if not days, the issue is that the command and control are in Pakistan.
So all the taliban that took kunduz crossed from Pakistan Border?

The same Taliban America wants to talk to. In what international terrorism are Taliban involved in? If America leaves today, it will be fight between Taliban and the warlords ruling Afghanistan right now. And honestly when I have to take sides, I see the warlords who whine about Taliban are no less evil than Taliban themselves.

What position does Rasheed Dostum have in the ruling coalition in Afghanistan? How is he nay better than Mullah Mansoor or any other Taliban leader?

No matter how much we hate it, Taliban are a party to Afghan peace. They have been accepted as such.

Very good question.

Dostum has accepted the Afghan constitution and does not go around blowing up schools and murder police.
If the Talis accept the Afghan constitution and want to live in peace, they are welcome. Doors are open.

They can take part in elections, if they win, they may as well rule Afghanistan.

And if you say taliban are crossing from Pakistan then why dont you bring all your forces to border and make checkpoints and secure it???
Whenever Pakistan talked for securing the border afghan go back to previous centuries stories, you know what i mean

Back
Top Bottom