What's new

Pakistan needs 3D printed houses to meet the requirements

AbuzarIlyas

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This 3D printer can build a house within 24 hours (they does not explained about the sanitary and electrical work but anyways) government can invest money to buy these printers for building a house in less than 48 hours or a week. This is something which can easily provide good looking houses to 5 million owners unless the corrupt elite class advisors in government come with their own plans to look after their own business interests.

This 3D printer can build a house within 24 hours (they does not explained about the sanitary and electrical work but anyways) government can invest money to buy these printers for building a house in less than 48 hours or a week. This is something which can easily provide good looking houses to 5 million owners unless the corrupt elite class advisors in government come with their own plans to look after their own business interests.

Skillmanship of building houses can't be replaced by 3D printers/printing. You just can't get the same results that you get with human hands.

Though I support 3D printed houses for the poor & the homeless, they won't be able to match the quality of human built houses.

Can a replica of the Taj Mahal or the Badshahi Mosque be built using 3D Printing? I don't think so & therein lies the limits of 3D Printing.

Skillmanship of building houses can't be replaced by 3D printers/printing. You just can't get the same results that you get with human hands.

Though I support 3D printed houses for the poor & the homeless, they won't be able to match the quality of human built houses.

Can a replica of the Taj Mahal or the Badshahi Mosque be built using 3D Printing? I don't think so & therein lies the limits of 3D Printing.
No doubt the craftsmanship has no alternative but we can use it to make certain parts of a house in a cheaper price like we are already using ready to install roofs in Pakistan for a single or double storey building because it literally consumes 2-3 weeks when we construct a roof by old methods.

My point is, the government should seriously consider the alternative options like all major construction companies do in their mega projects. They invent the solutions to save time and money.

What does Pakistan have in abundance? Cash? No. The answer is people, lots of unemployed people.

As IK has explained, the purpose of building 5 million homes is not only to address the shortage of affordable housing, but also to stimulate all the industries associated with construction, which in turn will employ people.

We could also go for prefab homes, import them from China. That would solve the housing shortage in no time. But it requires money, and does nothing for local industry and employment.

Take Karachi's garbage problem as an example. Its ridiculous that our politicians want to import expensive machines to do the cleaning. All they have to do is hand a broom to a 1000 unemployed people and hire a bunch of Suzuki pickups drivers. Within weeks Karachi will be clean, and thousands of people will be employed. There is only one problem with this solution - you get no kickbacks from buying brooms.

At this stage, there are many sectors that need to remain labour intensive. Capital intensive solutions are for countries with money and small populations.

Or you use interlocking blocks

This is actually impressive and not that of a bad idea! I say tweet it to fawad chaudry or PTI official.

What does Pakistan have in abundance? Cash? No. The answer is people, lots of unemployed people.

As IK has explained, the purpose of building 5 million homes is not only to address the shortage of affordable housing, but also to stimulate all the industries associated with construction, which in turn will employ people.

We could also go for prefab homes, import them from China. That would solve the housing shortage in no time. But it requires money, and does nothing for local industry and employment.

Take Karachi's garbage problem as an example. Its ridiculous that our politicians want to import expensive machines to do the cleaning. All they have to do is hand a broom to a 1000 unemployed people and hire a bunch of Suzuki pickups drivers. Within weeks Karachi will be clean, and thousands of people will be employed. There is only one problem with this solution - you get no kickbacks from buying brooms.

At this stage, there are many sectors that need to remain labour intensive. Capital intensive solutions are for countries with money and small populations.
You have got a valid point here but keeping in view the current condition of labor efficiency and shortage of time, 5 million houses cannot be developed in such a short span of time without the help of improvised technologies. 3D technology can be used to build doors, roofs, windows, gates, little bit of decoration for the sake of aesthetics. Laborers can be engaged in many other activities like road and street work, sanitary and electrical work, paint, finishing etc etc etc. It is all about management, maybe it will reduce the number of created jobs from 1 million to .6 or .7 million but that is okay as long as we are saving time and investing in the future.

Or you use interlocking blocks
Several methods can be used when we actually consider the new options to do the work in shortest of time span.

You have got a valid point here but keeping in view the current condition of labor efficiency and shortage of time, 5 million houses cannot be developed in such a short span of time without the help of improvised technologies. 3D technology can be used to build doors, roofs, windows, gates, little bit of decoration for the sake of aesthetics. Laborers can be engaged in many other activities like road and street work, sanitary and electrical work, paint, finishing etc etc etc. It is all about management, maybe it will reduce the number of created jobs from 1 million to .6 or .7 million but that is okay as long as we are saving time and investing in the future.
Fair enough. Its all about balancing priorities. I will leave it to the experts and those with access to real data.

Neither 3D printed houses, nor the block one are viable at this point. Simply building fast is not ideal either, as developmental and construction costs will skyrocket.

WoW spoken like a true campions. Taj Mahal and Badshahi masjid are great examples. I’m sure we can’t replicate those even if we have aliens technology. Those are indeed one of a kind. I think you miss understood his point or you understood it better than me. :)
3D printing can be used for building lots of things, not just houses.

US military is 3 D printing bunkers.

https://www.dezeen.com/2018/09/05/us-military-3d-prints-concrete-barracks-on-site-technology/

3D printing of houses is possible but I am not sure if it can be done for a multi-storey house or for flats.

I believe pakistani government will focus more on flats or multi-storey houses so that less land can be procured.

The Chinese do a lot of material fabrication before hand in factories. These are then combined at site for rapid construction of hi-rise building.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom