What's new

Pakistan Navy tests Harbah Cruise Missile

Pakistan tests an anti-ship cruise missile

The Nation reported the missile as a “surface-to-surface anti-ship missile with land attack capability.”

freegifmaker.me_2bt2m.gif

raad in terrain hugging,casting shadow

is the range is still 750Km?
How good is the terrain hugging capability of babur

Babar development team played with many technologies for the terrain following: Trecor using stealth altimeter, and Dasmac. I am sure Harba as a navalized version of babar already has a proven system of this sort. This is not the first launch of Harba that you are witnessing. The previous one was from a submarine in broad daylight.

Last edited:
So Harba is a version of Babar-III rather Babar-II ....??
It wouldn't be a bad idea to give naval cruise missiles their own designations.

Right now, the difference between Babur 3 and Babur Ver 2 implies progression, but it's actually a variation (from surface-launch to sub-surface launch).

It wouldn't be a bad idea to give naval cruise missiles their own designations.

Right now, the difference between Babur 3 and Babur Ver 2 implies progression, but it's actually a variation (from surface-launch to sub-surface launch).

There are enough technical variations. One system does not just get transferred from one program to the other. However, NESCOM has done a tremendous job of developing and assimilating the technologies related to the CM program.

is the range is still 750Km?

Range data will remain classified. It is useless asking such questions here.

& the difference of range as well

NESCOM, a small organisation with limited resources have done wonders for Pakistan. Wonder what they could do if they had freehand and unrestricted budget.

Man thats seriously low, just a few meters above the ground. Any radar will have difficulty seeing it, let alone tracking it.[/QUOTE]

But a juicy target for ground based IR sensors coupled with CIWS.

Man thats seriously low, just a few meters above the ground. Any radar will have difficulty seeing it, let alone tracking it.

But a juicy target for ground based IR sensors coupled with CIWS.[/QUOTE]

All cruise missiles are susceptible to that to some degree but that depends upon several factors like system's response time, radar coverage, accuracy of fire among others. There is a reason why most global powers around the world put their faith in subsonic cruise missiles.

So Harba is a version of Babar-III rather Babar-II ....??
Babur-II GLCM was a massive upgrade to Babur-I GLCM in terms of avionics, seekers, range and RCS.
Babur-III SLCM and Harbah AShCM were both parallel programs to just modify Babur-II baseline to the respective launch platforms.

Simply speaking Babur-II GLCM, Babur-III SLCM and Harbah AShCM are the next generation evolutions of the pioneer Babur-I GLCM. That's why we've seen all 3 of them introduced almost together.

Back
Top Bottom