What's new

Pakistan Navy released pictures of Zarb anti-ship missile test firing

If I am right, the C602 is same as Babur but with a terminal seeker. Even Babur flies at 0.8Mach. So, if Pakistan develops its own seekers, it can have its own anti-ship missile. The problem, however, lies here. Seeker development is a very technologically intensive process and is the hardest part.

The SAM also has similar problem - requirement of high quality radar, sophisticated algorithm software, radar guidance, terminal seeker guidance and supersonic missile technology (SAM has to be supersonic to hit a plane. Else, it will be like MANPAD, for choppers & drones).

Unless Pakistan already has the systems in development, it will take 20 years to develop them from scratch.
I was waiting for years for such a system, that's a true coastal anti-ship defence system, now its time to produce a home based air defence systems, which then can go into mass production!

ohio class u.s submarine can launch more than 100 cruise missiles in few minutes and it seems we have no weapons to defend against them.we should also consider this threat as it happened in Syria

If I am right, the C602 is same as Babur but with a terminal seeker. Even Babur flies at 0.8Mach. So, if Pakistan develops its own seekers, it can have its own anti-ship missile. The problem, however, lies here. Seeker development is a very technologically intensive process and is the hardest part.

The SAM also has similar problem - requirement of high quality radar, sophisticated algorithm software, radar guidance, terminal seeker guidance and supersonic missile technology (SAM has to be supersonic to hit a plane. Else, it will be like MANPAD, for choppers & drones).

Unless Pakistan already has the systems in development, it will take 20 years to develop them from scratch.
The Babur isn't 'the same' as the C-602. The latter doesn't have mid-fuselage wings nor is it designed to fly at the ranges Babur does (700+ km). Sure, the tech is probably from China, Ukraine and other places, but it's a bespoke design.

I was waiting for years for such a system, that's a true coastal anti-ship defence system, now its time to produce a home based air defence systems, which then can go into mass production!
Zarb will be produce locally.

ohio class u.s submarine can launch more than 100 cruise missiles in few minutes and it seems we have no weapons to defend against them.we should also consider this threat as it happened in Syria

Why will India launch cruise missiles at Paistan from submarine when Pakistan is just across the border? :hang3::flame:

In house production of Zarb is already under way hence the change of designation. The missile has been tested twice.
Unless Pakistan can make the seeker, Zarb can't be made in house. The babur can be used in place of the motor of Zarb but the seeker has to be imported

New Babur-2 can hit targets at Sea up to 700kms.

Why there are no comments like "its fake"?
Where are those apes when you need them?

What is the purpose?
The following???

temazq2w3-png.468410
Naval Missile Regiment (NMR) under Naval Strategic Force Command (NSFC) recently conducted successful Test flight of Zarb Weapon System (ZWS) in Exercise SEALION III from JNB Ormara. ZWS is a battery of truck mounted Anti-Ship Missile to target Ships from Land.
4 pages in and nobody's focusing on this? Somebody please give PN the attention it was seeking.
The release of this information was absolutely unnecessary.

pre-fed trajectory successfully engaged the target.

Stationary target, not a moving target, that got destroyed.
Nonsense. They just meant to say that the general location of the target was known (like in any other anti-ship scenario, using radar information). The system obviously has a terminal radar seeker to search for, lock and engage the target.

Does it have the capability for mid course correction specially if the target is moving?
No, just like C-602 and other AShMs, it relies on inertial navigation for midcourse. Usually AShMs are launched towards the probable area the target will be in when they arrive, and when they do, the terminal seeker is switched on.

Plus the way the canisters are designed on the truck, they appear identical to what we have on F-22P. Even the angle at which they fire appears to be the same. @The Deterrent
Don't we have boxy canisters for C-802s on F-22Ps? I think you meant the round Harba canisters on Azmat-class FACs. The Harba canisters naturally must have been inspired by the C-602 ones, however there's a diameter difference.

pic in opening post and the pic in post#35 are different ..... :whistle:
Its the same system, notice the exact same camouflage paint scheme of the launch vehicle.
If it's localized C-602 version then it means China transferred the tech to build those with full 400km range which it could not sell due to MTCR issue.
Nope, the range of the system will not exceed the 300km limit imposed by MTCR.

Last edited:

Coastal defence system should be protected with a layered air defence system, as the anti-ship missile batteries can be neutralized by enemy anti-radiation missiles, cruise missiles and air-to-ground PGMs.

I hope PN takes this seriously, and deploys radar controlled AA guns, FN-6, Mistral to anything else they can afford... CIWS like LD-2000, surface-to-air missiles like Umkhonto,etc.

Regarding the video in other thread, I can't see the model clearly.

Its the same system, notice the exact same camouflage paint scheme of the launch vehicle.

This pic has been posted back in January by East Pendulum. Pics in Post #1 are from the recent exercise.

DT5s-m7V4AEcqUh.jpg

@HRK

Nope, the range of the system will not exceed the 300km limit imposed by MTCR.
Why oh why does that have to matter, I could never understand this point. When neither country has signed or recognized MTCR, why bother?

This pic has been posted back in January by East Pendulum. Pics in Post #1 are from the recent exercise.

DT5s-m7V4AEcqUh.jpg

@HRK
Yeah I guess you're right, the ground near the vehicle isn't exactly the same, and the weather is also quite different. In case anyone's wondering, the paint scheme represents that its a training round.

Why oh why does that have to matter, I could never understand this point. When neither country has signed or recognized MTCR, why bother?
Um it works the other way around, if you're a signatory of MTCR, then the limits are off, like India is extending the range of BrahMos. Anyhow, Uncle Sam has strictly forbidden China against any "major" proliferation to Pakistan. Otherwise DF-16 or DF-21 would have been in our hands by now.

Yeah I guess you're right, the ground near the vehicle isn't exactly the same, and the weather is also quite different. In case anyone's wondering, the paint scheme represents that its a training round.

Um it works the other way around, if you're a signatory of MTCR, then the limits are off, like India is extending the range of BrahMos. Anyhow, Uncle Sam has strictly forbidden China against any "major" proliferation to Pakistan. Otherwise DF-16 or DF-21 would have been in our hands by now.
How exactly can the US forbid??? That's what I don't understand. Same thing with range limits, it can only work "any way around" if the trading parties actually recognize the restrictions in the first place. Has china actually signed something, because I'm sure Pakistan hasn't.

Back
Top Bottom