What's new

Pakistan navy quits anti-piracy task force amid worsening US ties

Just read this news on Al-jazeera I could not believe it that why only posting the link and not the text because they are quoting anonymous source. If any one gets any update please post.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018...ask-force-worsening-ties-181008194945464.html
old news now we will operate independently .....
The Naval Chief also mentioned the strategic shift from erstwhile participation of Pakistan Navy in the Combined Task Forces 150 and 151 under the auspices of Combined Maritime Forces to Regional Maritime Security Patrols. Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi said that in order to pursue our national interests with strategic autonomy, we have now decided to institute Regional Maritime Security Patrols in the Indian Ocean Region in line with the UN Resolutions and UN Convention on Law of the Sea. The initiative is aimed at maintaining robust security posture in the critical sea areas and choke points in the Indian Ocean Region for protection of national and international shipping against the threats of maritime terrorism, piracy, narco-arms smuggling and human trafficking.
https://www.ispr.gov.pk/press-release-detail.php?id=4821

I won't be surprised if America did stop Fuel payments ..
Why would they stop fuel payments are they idiots because only Pakistani ship can patrol the area of west Indian oceans. Pirates will eat rest of the ship trying to patrol that region. Pakistan knows the area better than anyone.

Good. Can we not worry about Somalia pirates in Red Sea or Bab el Mendab. How about please save the money, sell a ship or two and spend on law/order inside Pakistan. Make all of Pakistan safe/secure. I mean as it is vast swathes of Pakistan like in Balochistan is lawless, major cities have chaos and crime.

Charity begins at home. Let others worry about policing the oceans and seas. Please get a grip inside Pakistan ..

Why would they stop fuel payments are they idiots because only Pakistani ship can patrol the area of west Indian oceans. Pirates will eat rest of the ship trying to patrol that region. Pakistan knows the area better than anyone.

Probably a pressure tactics on Pakistan amid CPEC ,America is very desperate when it comes to keep China away from Gwadar, Indians are using their all possible asset in US lobbying firms to hurt US-PAK relations .. I think unless there is a major shift in US/PAK behavior , our relationship with US will die a slow death on it own .

because they want to fire pakistan and replace it with india..straight forward

Probably a pressure tactics on Pakistan amid CPEC ,America is very desperate when it comes to keep China away from Gwadar, Indians are using their all possible asset in US lobbying firms to hurt US-PAK relations .. I think unless there is a major shift in US/PAK behavior , our relationship with US will die a slow death on it own .
No it is not pressure tactics by them I think we left with our own will. Pakistan has received many marine security ships and now will follow independent policy.

@HRK

Lower post is quoting a press release.

because they want to fire pakistan and replace it with india..straight forward
India is already in anti piracy operations they are jointly done.

• Includes three Combined Task Forces:
    • CTF 150 (Maritime Security Operations and Counter-Terrorism)
    • CTF 151 (Counter Piracy)
    • CTF 152 (Maritime Security Operations in the Arabian Gulf)
  • 33 member nations: Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Malaysia, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, The Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, United Kingdom, United States and Yemen.

No it is not pressure tactics by them I think we left with our own will. Pakistan has received many marine security ships and now will follow independent policy.

@HRK

Lower post is quoting a press release.

India is already in anti piracy operations they are jointly done.
nope

Interesting US booted our military even from their military war colleges, held CSF, they should expect zero assistance and cooperation.

I like this a lot. I think Pakistan, Iran, China and Russia should come up with some consortium of their own.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom