What's new

Pakistan Navy Frigates & Destroyers Information pool

This is a bit confusing to me, and perhaps more knowledgeably members can help --- That the US would not appreciate non-Western systems on a warship they granted to the PN, however, the GENESIS system, if the report is correct is on the ALAMGIR, but if the GENESIS syetm is not on othetr PN warships, what's the logic??

I believe PNS Alamgir does not have GENESIS, not yet. i think PN is looking into getting one. Alamgir is in a good shape and i think PN should make it have some offensive punch to make it to a multi-role frigate. But getting GENESIS only makes sense when PN has more than one vessel.

This is a bit confusing to me, and perhaps more knowledgeably members can help --- That the US would not appreciate non-Western systems on a warship they granted to the PN, however, the GENESIS system, if the report is correct is on the ALAMGIR, but if the GENESIS syetm is not on othetr PN warships, what's the logic??

Genesis first and foremost provides an integrated command environment aboard the ship itself i.e. fusion of information from different ship sensors, so that ship responses may be made more effective. As an extension, sharing information with other ships in the fleet enhances overall situational awarenes and defensive capability.

What source do you have to indicate that the US does not appreciate a non-US system on the ex-usn Perry's? I can understand they are not interested for the 20-odd ships remaining in USN service, as those will be decommissioned.

Genesis first and foremost provides an integrated command environment aboard the ship itself i.e. fusion of information from different ship sensors, so that ship responses may be made more effective. As an extension, sharing information with other ships in the fleet enhances overall situational awarenes and defensive capability.

What source do you have to indicate that the US does not appreciate a non-US system on the ex-usn Perry's? I can understand they are not interested for the 20-odd ships remaining in USN service, as those will be decommissioned.

The fact that the Genesis system was chosen specifically for the Alamgir - and the fact that a Chinese system was not chosen, as with the newest frigates in the PN inventory

I believe PNS Alamgir does not have GENESIS, not yet. i think PN is looking into getting one. Alamgir is in a good shape and i think PN should make it have some offensive punch to make it to a multi-role frigate. But getting GENESIS only makes sense when PN has more than one vessel.

That is correct. The question is whether PN does wise to invest in Genesis when they have only a single Perry to refit. It would probably be a different matter if there was a prospect of more Perry's coming available in the near term. If not, then future new built ships may get Genesis, but I suppose in that case others systems would also be on the table.

The question is whether PN does wise to invest in Genesis when they have only a single Perry to refit.

This is why I suggested that US may not have taken kindly to non-Western systems applied to their granted warship

This is why I suggested that US may not have taken kindly to non-Western systems applied to their granted warship

I doubt the USN cares, particularly as the 8 Turkish ships of the same class are being refitted as such as we speak. I was referring to a matter of cost-effectiveness: volume purchase discount, plus economies of scale in crew training.

The fact that the Genesis system was chosen specifically for the Alamgir - and the fact that a Chinese system was not chosen, as with the newest frigates in the PN inventory

Genesis was developed by the Turks specifically with OHP and follow on ships in mind > A Chinese system (themselves often developed from French and Italian systems by the way) would be much riskier to implement on the single Perry of PN.

Yes but the Turks have 8 such ships, while PN have just one, so the induction of a new system for just one ship, anyway.

The real question is which one. GENESIS-I or GENESIS-II. it's important because Genesis-I was completed years ago. Now the navy's been replacing the newer version choosing Raytheon as partner. GENESIS-II has important differences such as upgraded C4ISR, Replacing RIM-66 (SM-1MR) with RIM-67 (SM-1ER), allowing the manuel targeting in Phalanx CIWS, Replacing the Mk.92 fire control radar which was kept in GENESIS-I with new domestic systems. There's been also a pre-work for GENESIS-III which will mostly use new domestic systems like ÇAFRAD (phased array), Yakamoz (to replace Harphoon)...etc for TF-2000. BUT There can be some differences too (i.e a different version of GENESIS-II was used in milgem class TCG Heybeliada, which made me think that it may be gonna integrated to your F-22Ps as well)

0yGNE.jpg

WZuqt.png

0000392880.jpg

How many destroyer-class warships does PN operate presently?

How many destroyer-class warships does PN operate presently?

AFAIK , none . But PN classifies 6 of their ex-Royal Navy Type 21 frigates as Tariq-class destroyer

Tariq-class destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Tariq-class destroyers are ex-Royal Navy Type 21 frigates acquired by the Pakistan Navy from the United Kingdom in 1993-94. Although the Royal Navy classified these ships as frigates, they are classed as destroyers by the Pakistan Navy.

I am sure that PN will going to procure another F-22P Block-II frigates that will be much higher than any other with latest technology from China as well as from EU and local too. I think the numbers might going to go up to 6-7 if its going to be produce in Pakistan which is most likely too.

submarines have always been the main and most successful combat proven platform of PN. I think we should go for high tech 5 gen subs first.

submarines have always been the main and most successful combat proven platform of PN. I think we should go for high tech 5 gen subs first.

Why, did you know Israelis have dolphin class submarines have been upgraded and further 3 purchased, you don't need a brand spanking new platform. That is why Pakistan should have geared up to build 2 more A90Bs with the help of france for a much more modern equipment on board, my opinion.

Why, did you know Israelis have dolphin class submarines have been upgraded and further 3 purchased, you don't need a brand spanking new platform. That is is why Pakistan should have geared up to build 2 more A90Bs with the help of france for a much more modern equipment on board, my opinion.
Israelis can carry on with dolphin because arab countries have nothing to offer against it. Pakistan faces threat of kilo and scorpion.

Back
Top Bottom