What's new

Pakistan Navy commissions PNS Zarrar

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI, Nov 26 (APP): Pakistan Navy Ship Zarrar, the first of Multi Role Tactical Platform (MRTP-33), was commissioned into Pakistan Navy at an impressive ceremony at PN Dockyard on Monday. The Attack Craft acquired from Turkey is planned to be fitted with requisite guns and missiles commensurate with its role of coastal defence/offensive operations, says an ISPR (Navy) press release. (Posted @ 17:26 PST)
- DAWN - Latest Stories; November 26, 2007

So, its just a boat. PN will upgrade the system. Anyone knows what weapons will be in this boat.

I don't think it will be possible to launch Cruise missiles like Babur and Ra'ad.:pakistan: Please tell me if it is possible or not and Thank You.:pakistan:

C-802 anti-ship cruise missile might be possible. Babur may be possible too, once its naval version is officially out.

which class is this ship? is it of dogan class?

seems to me of a max .5 tonne displacement,

should be for the purpose of coast guard.

KAAN 29 Class of Turkish Navy ...

The ones built for Pakistan are 0f 120 Tonnes i think.

Multi weapon mounts.
- Stabilized naval turret with up to 30 mm. gun
(+ short range SSM).
- Medium range SSM (Total weights up to 5 tons).
- Short range SAM.
- 2 x 12.7 mm. heavy MG.
Multi sensor surveillance unit
(EOD with capabilty of controlling the main gun).
Search and rescue equipment
Decoys
SOF (Special Operation Forces) support/SDV (Seal Delivery Vehicle)
Pollution control

for other details see..
http://www.yonca-onuk.com/mrtp_33.htm

Yonca - Onuk JV.

seems to me of this class, around 100-120 tonne displacement

with an endurance of 3 days, and is a ship of strictly coast guard class? what is it doing in the pakistan navy?:what:

doesnt pakistan have a coast guard or is it also performed by the pakistan navy?

Salam to all,

First of all ,the Ship is MRTP33 Class, and this is only the plateform, i think, that plateform used for Saad Cruise Missile Delivery system, because Mrtp33 capable of firing 8 Harpoon missiles, and also capable of travel with the maximum cruise speed of 35 knots.

Following link suggested that Pakistan navy ordered 2 Mrtp33

Pakistan Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks a lot,

Danish saleem

Salam to all,

First of all ,the Ship is MRTP33 Class, and this is only the plateform, i think, that plateform used for Saad Cruise Missile Delivery system, because Mrtp33 capable of firing 8 Harpoon missiles, and also capable of travel with the maximum cruise speed of 35 knots.

Following link suggested that Pakistan navy ordered 2 Mrtp33

Pakistan Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks a lot,

Danish saleem

I would say these are meant for Coastal Patrolling ..........

For Raad missile ----------> MRTP-33

you must be kiding .........

:hitwall:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom