What's new

Pakistan Navy Aviation Pics

Dont forget Mirages ......

images

I have a question to our Pakistani members. Does the Pakistan Navy in pursuit or building an aircraft carrier or some helicopter carrier of the sort in the future?:pakistan::)

I have a question to our Pakistani members. Does the Pakistan Navy in pursuit or building an aircraft carrier or some helicopter carrier of the sort in the future?:pakistan::)

The aircraft carrier would cost too much to operate, this is not the defensive strategy for PN.

I can see PN acquires the destroyers with the Aegis combat system in the end of this decade.

The aircraft carrier would cost too much to operate, this is not the defensive strategy for PN.

I can see PN acquires the destroyers with the Aegis combat system in the end of this decade.

True, but it sure doesn't hurt to have one for the next 3 decades or so, just to extend the fighters and helicopters a little more.:china::usflag::pakistan:

Sir,

Our geography in relation to india----we don't need an aircraft carrier---it would be useless---we would need many an assets to support that carrier which would be a waste of money----.

Our goal is to keep the opponent away from our borders and skies----for that a couple of sqdrns---around 50 of air dominance air superiority and air to ship strike air craft with long legs would do the job for us----another 4---6 diesel electric subs----awacs----.

It is a guarantee that the indian air craft carrier would come nowhere within the strike range of pak air force---till the moment the iaf had neutralized the paf-----india doesnot have the stomach to lose an a/c carrier to pak strike air craft----it would happen---if it came closer regardless of whatever cover it has.---it would absolutely destroy the psyche of the indian army----.

An aircraft carrier is a 10---15 billion dollar investment with the carrier battle group and support crafts----plus a regular expense----.

Without an a/c carrier pak assets can move around without the fear of loss---the carrier would be like a ship anchor dragging the pak strike force down at this stage----that is what it will do to inidan forces---.

We will have to find out that if the pak air force leadership is made up of warriors or or what.

An aircraft carrier , never. A helicopter carrying ship e.g. LPD or LPH, possible but unlikely in the foreable future. Destroyers, possible but unlikely in the foreable future. A numerically expanded mix of helicopter capable frigates, corvettes and submarines: probable.

Back
Top Bottom