What's new

Pakistan National Anthem : The One Quaid Approved

Yara, you have just posted word to word replying comment of Beena Sarwar from a blog without given it a second thought, it have very basic flaws in it ..

Brother I have pasted the reply by Beena Sarwar , from THE very link you posted here to prove your point . And with her name , I wrote "The writer`s reply" in the beginning . After all it was her article which was being challenged (In the blog you posted) and she could provide the best answers . I find nothing wrong in it , (as long as learning is the sole purpose)

Yara, you have just posted word to word replying comment of Beena Sarwar from a blog without given it a second thought, it have very basic flaws in it .....

1- it is referring Mr. I. A Rehman (who came to Pakistan in November), is a very weak reference to be quoted
because he was not in Pakistan in the evening of '13 August 1947' when Mustafa Ali Hamdani announced Pakistan Broadcasting services from 'Lahore station' , & for Mr. I.A Rehman to listen that poetry it was necessary for him resides in areas where transmission of Lahore station was available, but 'unfortunately' no account of Mr. I.A Rehman is available in this regards.

Secondly there are thousands of people still alive who claim to listen the Mustafa Ali Hamdani announcement personally, but its a very very contradicting fact that only two or three men like Mr. Zaheer A kidvai ( age '7' at that time) & Mr. I. A Rehman claimed to listen that so called first National Anthem.

2- As per claim Mr. Azad was contacted to write this poetry at 09th of August 1947 which was relayed first time after Mustafa Ali Hamdai's announcement of Pakistan Broadcasting Services, and 'Mr. Azad took five days to get that job done', now calculated number of days from the 09Th of August (as per claim), it mean that Azad completed & handed over the said poetry to the 'All India Radio' at 13th of August 1947, at this stage I am not questioning the exact timing of the submission or handing over of Azad's poetry to AIR, but please tell me how on the earth it was possible to complete the pre & post production procedures and other technical requirements in a short spam of time of few hours (Mustafa Ali Hamdani announcement took placed at 11:59 13th August 1947) and that to at the day of 13th August when normal circumstance was not prevailing... ???

3- The record of Mustafa Ali Hamdani Annoucment is still available (link posted below), but no record of that poetry is available in Radio Pakistan, conspiracy theory .... ???

http://ca.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA/aGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS/cUxrnNZwEMCiA0I+eiT1O+P59tzQNoGUAmNpXMOvNVj8/J7kcixCewle8uw==&bit=1

4- For people like us this theory of 'First National Anthem' is just the twisting and distortion of facts. In Beena Sawar own word posted at a blog (& copied by you here)

"Just for the record, Jagannath Azad never claimed that he was 'dramatically called to the Radio Station', or that he met Mr Jinnah personally. All that he said was that he was conveyed a message, apparently from Mr Jinnah, to pen this tarana within a few days, which he did, and that it was played on Radio Pakistan on Aug 14, 1947, and for several months after that."

In the original article of Beena Sarwar (link: Bring back Jagannath Azad’s Pakistan anthem | Journeys to democracy) She writes:

'Jagannath Azad was working in Lahore when Mr Jinnah commissioned him for this task just three days before Independence. He complied, Mr Jinnah approved the lyrics, and the anthem went on air on Radio Pakistan the day Pakistan was born.'

now compare both of her write-ups which contradict to each other, claim start from 'Mr. Jinnah commissioned and end to a message apparently from Mr. Jinnah', 'Frist claim about 5 day which than dropped to 3 days'

Now it is also claimed that Quaid approved Mr. Jagan Naat poetry himself, and that too in few hours, I found no
evidence that Mr. Jinnah was that well versed in Urdu, in fact those people who know about Quaid are well aware that Quaid's Urdu was as good as of any 'Goora shaib' how could he approve it by himself. In addition to this Quaid was in Karachi from 07th of August to 15th August, so how Mr. Jagan Naat presented his work to Quaid and how he approved that 'First Anthem in few hours'...... ???

I can state some other flaws of this theory, but I think its enough for a single post.

Okay , basically your argument revolves around these two main subjective points :

1) No record in Radio Pakistan archives
2) Contradictions in Beena`s write ups

As far as credibility of Radio Pakistan archives is concerned , they are highly unreliable and it is no conspiracy theory . Some of the most crucial recordings have mysteriously disappeared from the archives , the most important one being the 11th August speech of Jinnah !!! And yes , such record were destroyed "deliberately"

In words of Murtaza Solangi, the former director general of Radio Pakistan :
"It's a case of criminal, wilful destruction of our history,"

He cannot say with certainty whether Pakistan ever possessed the audio recording of the 11 August speech.

But based on his persistent inquiries over the last few years, he's come to the conclusion that "if Pakistan ever had a copy of the speech on tape, it was probably destroyed deliberately".

Azad`s Tarana is nothing compared to the political will of the father of the nation , so I am not surprised at all that why its not their in the records

Murder of history in Pakistan by conservatives is no "myth" my friend , it is a sad reality

About Beena Sarwar`s contradicting write up`s , pointing out a 3 day / 5 day difference is "clutching at straws" . Never did Beena say that Azad personally met with Jinnah . I find no significant contradiction in her write ups . If you are willing , we may discuss it in detail

Lovey Bhai, literary & technical Urdu borrows very heavily from Persian; kabhiii koi FIR wagheraa ya koi Stamp Paper ko parheiii luggg samajhe jaatiii haiii ! :)

Butt Sahib - I explained you once, again telling you, borrowing words is not issue as all these words are part of urdu vocabulary - but composition of these sentences is Persian not Urdu - In Urdu we need adverbs to make sentence, Persian sentences are without any adverbs - In all anthem there is only one adverb Pāk sarzamīn niz̤ām. So, it will be better to call it little Urduized than calling it heavily Persianised

As children in school in E Bengal we used to sing an adhoc national anthem till1955. The wordings were in easy Urdu and Bangla.These were like:

Pakistan zindabad, Pakistan zindabad zindabad/
Chand tara sabuz ar qaumi nishan/
---

Butt Sahib - I explained you once, again telling you, borrowing words is not issue as all these words are part of urdu vocabulary - but composition of these sentences is Persian not Urdu - In Urdu we need adverbs to make sentence, Persian sentences are without any adverbs - In all anthem there is only one adverb Pāk sarzamīn niz̤ām. So, it will be better to call it little Urduized than calling it heavily Persianised

Okay Lovey Bhai ! :(

Waisee I'm thinking of taking some Farsi Classes ! :D

As children in school in E Bengal we used to sing an adhoc national anthem till1955. The wordings were in easy Urdu and Bangla.These were like:

Pakistan zindabad, Pakistan zindabad zindabad/
Chand tara sabuz ar qaumi nishan/
---

Did you hear about any Mr.Azad's Anthem back then because everyone who was there in '47 & the few years before & after it that I've talked to were absolutely clueless about it nor did any of them ever heard any such Anthem on the Radio Broadcast ! :unsure:

Nai bhai I am just saying like our cost of living is much more here too like I live in NYC it is among the most expensive in the world to live here. :taz:

The other thing is that families are settled permanentely in western countries (as they have nationalities) unlike expats in middle east who knows that one day they have to return.

Okay Lovey Bhai ! :(
Waisee I'm thinking of taking some Farsi Classes ! :D

Yeah - take some, it will clear your doubts. Before coming here I also used to think our anthem is heavily persianised, :agree:

Only difference is that Persian screw up our anthem in pronunciation :angry:

So what am I then a martian? :(

Bleh that is pure farsi obviously written to suck up to the Shah who was visiting at the time. :P
Bro even I dont understand it :cray: @Armstrong tu akala hi hai!

In that case this could be a song like any other .... but it could never be termed as 'National Anthem'
Ahan explains heaps!

Janab humare kwarche idhar zaada bhi toh hote hai jitna hum karsakte hai hum karte hai.
kachawa? whats that? Tum log dhang say Urdu nai type ker saktay kiya ?

o Karcha!

Last edited:
I like the national anthem of Pakistan although I don't understand it at all.

Brother I have pasted the reply by Beena Sarwar , from THE very link you posted here to prove your point . And with her name , I wrote "The writer`s reply" in the beginning . After all it was her article which was being challenged (In the blog you posted) and she could provide the best answers . I find nothing wrong in it , (as long as learning is the sole purpose)

Dear I was not objecting about the post my point was about the 'second thought' about Beena Sarwar reply ...

Okay , basically your argument revolves around these two main subjective points :

1) No record in Radio Pakistan archives
2) Contradictions in Beena`s write ups

As far as credibility of Radio Pakistan archives is concerned , they are highly unreliable and it is no conspiracy theory . Some of the most crucial recordings have mysteriously disappeared from the archives , the most important one being the 11th August speech of Jinnah !!! And yes , such record were destroyed "deliberately"

In words of Murtaza Solangi, the former director general of Radio Pakistan :
"It's a case of criminal, wilful destruction of our history,"

He cannot say with certainty whether Pakistan ever possessed the audio recording of the 11 August speech.

But based on his persistent inquiries over the last few years, he's come to the conclusion that "if Pakistan ever had a copy of the speech on tape, it was probably destroyed deliberately".

Azad`s Tarana is nothing compared to the political will of the father of the nation , so I am not surprised at all that why its not their in the records

Murder of history in Pakistan by conservatives is no "myth" my friend , it is a sad reality

About Beena Sarwar`s contradicting write up`s , pointing out a 3 day / 5 day difference is "clutching at straws" . Never did Beena say that Azad personally met with Jinnah . I find no significant contradiction in her write ups . If you are willing , we may discuss it in detail

yara 11th August speech was delivered in Karachi where no radio station was established till 1948 as its not the issue in debate here so we should leave it here,

You missed my point about Quaid presence in Karachi and his command over Urdu where i raised the query about the possibility of Quaid’s approval of Azad's poetry as National Anthem.

other than this I raised some more points about the circumstantial claims rater just questioning the Radio Pakistan Archive and Beena Sarwar articles

I agree with you about the Murder of History in Pakistan by rights and left circles ..... nobody can blame it to only one side it happened due to the vested-Interest of both circles .... it’s our duty to learn facts with open minds not just because of our association to certain thoughts or ideologies.

In the last I would say 'We Pakistani as a Nation are blessed with so many well wishers who either want to convert us or subvert us, but unfortunately don't want to accept us, as we are.'

Ahan explains heaps!

@KingMamba was talking about Azad's song ..... :unsure:

Last edited:
yara 11th August speech was delivered in Karachi where no radio station was established till 1948 as its not the issue in debate here so we should leave it here,

AIR (All India Radio) engineers are believed to have recorded both of Jinnah's speeches in Karachi: August 11th and 14th. They were invited to come to Karachi from Delhi . Recently Indians have given us the tape which consists of Mr Jinnah's well-known address to the Constituent Assembly in Karachi on the day the country came into existence: 14 August 1947 . But they said that they did not have the recording of 11th August speech . The recording of Jinnah's 11 August speech may be of great importance to students of history on both sides of the border.

It is the issue of the debate bro . It is all about "Deliberate destruction of our history"

. it’s our duty to learn facts with open minds not just because of our association to certain thoughts or ideologies.

I totally agree with you here

In the last I would say 'We Pakistani as a Nation are blessed with so many well wishers who either want to convert us or subvert us, but unfortunately don't want to accept us, as we are.'

Can you explain this plz

@KingMamba was talking about Azad's song ..... :unsure:
Yup the song part...there were many Patriotic/ National songs which could have been mistaken for "National anthem" thanks to some wrong reporting

All fake, nothing proved.. Mr Azad never claimed such a thing in his lifetime, rumors erupted after his death.

Dr Safdar Mehmood's column explains it all Jagan Nath Azad did not write Pakistan’s first national anthem – by Dr Safdar Mehmood

National anthem of Pakistan.. ?

Back
Top Bottom