What's new

Pakistan : Murder of History

I think muslim invaders from central asia n arabia did enter forcefully n in my view dominant religion at that time was buddhism which was pacifist in nature it saw steep decline whereas hinduism flourised around that time owing to militaristic approach towards invasion in form of warrior category like kshtriyas (Rajput) these invasion also gave boost to rise in hinduism along with the Bhakti Movement

Whatever will be one thing is sure at that time Islam spread ed by force.

the only thing that he said truth is that there was no leader in muslim league except QUAID_E_AZAM . thats why till now paksitan is suffering from leadership crisis ... i have read many historians and its true that all of them admired him, even nehru had words of great praise for him ........

indian stooges want pakistanis to believe that their education system has corrupted their minds and brain washed them, these people like najam sethi nadeem paracha have similar mentality i-e to criticise the nation, country, its history society etc, and these people to get easy fame by their 'unique' style, we have seen how paranoid is the blogger nadeem paracha, now paracha syndrome is also entering into these garbages.. dont give them 2 hoots best option..

@ Jana

It might be of interest to you as a journalist, I think, if the current situation is studied in the light of historical parallels:

China towards the end of Qing dynasty esp "boxed rebellion"

Osmanlis in the 19th century etc.

I would like your views on this via a separate thread or email if you are interested.

sorry i was looking for that text book but didn,t find it ..... the text book that we studied and that i recently studied word muslim was used ... and it is some thing very clear that ideology of two nation theory was 1st proposed by ABU REHAN AL_BERUNI ( a geographer and sociologist) , then it was proposed by SIR SYED AHMED KHAN in 1868 after urdue-hindi controversy in banarus ( we should remember that before that event sir syed was a staunch supporter of hindu muslim unity) , than a scheme was presented by ALLAMA MUHAMMAD IQBAL in 1930 about separate status of muslim majority areas( point to be noted he didn,t used word Pakistan at that moment) it is also reality that MUHAMMAD ALI NJINNAH was an ardent supporter of united india. but it was the behavior of extremist hindues in congress and policies adopted by congress after 1937 elections that forced him think for separate muslim state . it is also reality the resolution of 1940 was named, lahore resolution not the paksitan resolution because even at that moment muslim league was thinking of confedracy but it were hindu news papers and congress politicians who called it paksitan resolution. so QUAID said ok if u people consider it paksiatn resolution then it is paksiatn resolution ...... so there is no confusion about it history is very clear no murder ..............

This I think is a fair assesment except for a very few pt. of divergence we r on the same page now:cheers:

you are wrong here, islam spread by praeching of muslim saints .......if you want to turn a blind eye from reality then its upto you...

Islam was spread by sufi culture as well as by force take the example of persia there was persecution of zorestrians by muslim that's why they migrated eastwards
Similarly if we look at western part of sub continent which got the max. burnt of invasion from arabia n central asia has muslim majority

Another scenario is in deccan or area around bengal n uttar pradesh as mughal estb. there rule islam became a mordern n pragmatic philosophy for upward mobility in society so people embraced it willingly

In my view it spread by sword n also by its appeal

the people embraced Islam as they saw truth in it; if it was forced upon them, then must have been some charismatic force because even to this day they remained as Muslims

that's most important.....rest isn't. The case of oppressed dalits in Hyderabad is one example of people who saw freedom, justice and equality in Islam.

Having read the books myself, I didn't find anything controversial other than what other Pakistani posters have talked about. Sethi is right on some points such as the history being taught in a selective manner. However, I didn't see anywhere being mentioned that Pakistan existed from Bin Qasim era. That said however, there are gaps in the history so the history before Bin Qasim is ignored and focus is kept only on the Muslim rulers of India (this word is never used and instead substituted by South Asia or the subcontinent). Also, there seems to be no maturation in the subject matter or discourse itself with higher grade levels. There is not much discussion of world war which is imho important because it contributed to the weakened British rule. Same stuff is repeated in 8th to 12th which later left me utterly bored with cramming the stuff. The subject matter needs to be revamped thoroughly in my opinion to make it more involved and interesting.

I did happen to have a real nutcase teacher for the Pakistan studies course. She used to spout non-sense conspiracy theories. Her own commentary was quite hate filled and apparently she was living in a delusional world of her own. Heck she even supported Al Qaeda which was before 9/11 and said that she was inspired by Al Qaeda training child soldiers in Afghanistan for the "Holy cause", when its video was released. Wonder how she even got the job in the first place. :rolleyes:

The quality of teachers need to be improved imo. I think there are quite a few nut jobs who are into brainwashing business even in regular private schools.

Islam was spread by sufi culture as well as by force take the example of persia there was persecution of zorestrians by muslim that's why they migrated eastwards
Similarly if we look at western part of sub continent which got the max. burnt of invasion from arabia n central asia has muslim majority

Another scenario is in deccan or area around bengal n uttar pradesh as mughal estb. there rule islam became a mordern n pragmatic philosophy for upward mobility in society so people embraced it willingly

In my view it spread by sword n also by its appeal

point to be note here is that those who fought with muslims were killed , its some thing very natural if muslim wouldn,t have killed them they would have killed them. its rule of war but ISLAM in forceful word prohibits killing of children , women , old or those who want peace and also no to destroy crop or trees.........

point to be note here is that those who fought with muslims were killed , its some thing very natural if muslim wouldn,t have killed them they would have killed them. its rule of war but ISLAM in forceful word prohibits killing of children , women , old or those who want peace and also no to destroy crop or trees.........

Every god damn religion preaches nice things but situation at ground ain't in black n white there are areas of grey also People following them do deviate from these tenets Islam in purity will oppose forced conversion n persecution of other faith but people on ground as u correctly pointed out for their own stability will do such things to get legitimacy for themselves

dear we read historians ........remember one thing all most all the historians are biased ...................... its reality some thime they exaggerate things and some time they will hide or deminish some realities ................

old but nice debate. watch from 0:52

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom