What's new

Pakistan missile hits Afghan mosque

BaburCM

Reaction score
A missile fired from inside Pakistan has hit a mosque near a US military base in Afghanistan, killing at least three civilians and injuring four others, police said.

Abdul Qayum Batizoi, the Khost province police chief, said that four or five rockets had been fired over the border on Friday.

One struck the mosque, while others landed in uninhabited areas, he said.

No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack in a province that has seen an upsurge in violence in recent months.

"It seems to have been an attempt to target Camp Salerno, which is the third largest US base in Afghanistan," Zeina Khodr, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Afghanistan, said.

"This is not the first time that missiles have been launched across the border but the timing is important because, as we know, the Pakistani army is carrying on with its offensive against the Taliban in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP)."

Khost attacks

On Tuesday, a number of suspected Taliban fighters dressed in suicide vests and carrying AK-47s attacked Khost city, the provincial capital, seizing two government buildings before being overpowered by Afghan security forces.

"It took the Afghan security forces, along with American troops, hours to regain control of that area," Khodr said.

The following day, a car bomb exploded outside Camp Salerno killing nine Afghan labourers.

"The Afghan interior ministry told us the reason Khost has been coming under attack a lot in the last couple of months is due to its proximioty to the Pakistan border," Khodr said.

"Afghan officials repeatedly claim that the Afghan and Pakistan Taliban work together and the Afghan Taliban get their help from across the border."

The Taliban has vowed to step up attacks on Afghan cities this year while Washington is in the process of more than doubling its forces in Afghanistan, from 32,000 troops at the beginning of 2009 to a projected 68,000 by the end of the year.

Source: Al Jazeera English - CENTRAL/S. ASIA - Pakistan missile hits Afghan mosque

Lol when i read title i thought Pakistan fired Babur and it went into Afghanistan by mistake :pakistan: :lol:

Lol when i read title i thought Pakistan fired Babur and it went into Afghanistan by mistake :pakistan: :lol:

So, is Babur not very accurate?? Maybe Zardari is sending Karsai a welcome home message! OR, probably, it was a US Drone strike meant to stir up trouble with the Afghans ..... Blame some collateral damage on the Pakistanis for a change. You know how tricky the CIA is.

Lolz. Seriously guys I think the Title of the thread needs to be changed. I was also fooled for a minute before I read the details. Does not accurately depict the content. If the same was posted by me(or any other "Indian Fanboys"), a lot of you guys would have been after poster's neck and shouting TROLL left, right and center.

Oh, but according to your media the ISI puts the CIA to shame with its perfidy.:rolleyes:

Who would that be?

A missile fired from inside Pakistan has hit a mosque near a US military base in Afghanistan, killing at least three civilians and injuring four others, police said.

Abdul Qayum Batizoi, the Khost province police chief, said that four or five rockets had been fired over the border on Friday.

One struck the mosque, while others landed in uninhabited areas, he said.

No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack in a province that has seen an upsurge in violence in recent months.

"It seems to have been an attempt to target Camp Salerno, which is the third largest US base in Afghanistan," Zeina Khodr, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Afghanistan, said.

"This is not the first time that missiles have been launched across the border but the timing is important because, as we know, the Pakistani army is carrying on with its offensive against the Taliban in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP)."

Khost attacks

On Tuesday, a number of suspected Taliban fighters dressed in suicide vests and carrying AK-47s attacked Khost city, the provincial capital, seizing two government buildings before being overpowered by Afghan security forces.

"It took the Afghan security forces, along with American troops, hours to regain control of that area," Khodr said.

The following day, a car bomb exploded outside Camp Salerno killing nine Afghan labourers.

"The Afghan interior ministry told us the reason Khost has been coming under attack a lot in the last couple of months is due to its proximioty to the Pakistan border," Khodr said.

"Afghan officials repeatedly claim that the Afghan and Pakistan Taliban work together and the Afghan Taliban get their help from across the border."

The Taliban has vowed to step up attacks on Afghan cities this year while Washington is in the process of more than doubling its forces in Afghanistan, from 32,000 troops at the beginning of 2009 to a projected 68,000 by the end of the year.

Source: Al Jazeera English - CENTRAL/S. ASIA - Pakistan missile hits Afghan mosque

oops! sorry! our bad!:cheesy:

I don't understand you guys taking joy in some Talibums firing a rocket on the mosque and killing Afghans while claiming to be Muslim? This clearly shows the hypocracy of Pakistanis and they know that terrorism is supported from within the state to harm Afghans, one can read between the lines how much that is internalised in Pakistanis while at the same time outrightly denying it.

This clearly shows the hypocracy of Pakistanis and they know that terrorism is supported from within the state to harm Afghans, one can read between the lines how much that is internalised in Pakistanis while at the same time outrightly denying it

Easy, strength - just because you do not see humour in it does not mean that those who do are hypocrits, it's over reach and after all would be think it fair if a political opinion were to be suggested from your comments.

muse,
didn't get the last part of your sentence, plz explain. so after all what was this humour?

Strength

If all you want from the thread is to tell Pakistanis off, well, you got it.

You say "they know that terrorism is supported from within the state to harm Afghans, " - indeed, they "know" do they? and you "know" this, as well, clearly - do you think it would be fair to paint in your thought and you in general, in such uncomplementary hues, based on just one statement?

Consider, is it also true, does it ring "reasonable", that the Pakistani state is supporting the same Talib it is also waging war against?

muse,

you off target, i am not telling pakistanis off, i would not do n that isn't why i just become the member of the forum. i only analysed the above post of other members with abit of political background to it. you on the other hand think there is a humour in firing rockets and killing people, is there?

so finally pakistan wants to crush its own creation?

you on the other hand think there is a humour in firing rockets and killing people, is there?

so finally pakistan wants to crush its own creation?

Cute, just when I thought it could not be fresh.

No, I don't think it's funny, however; I not sure that those who may find humour in it are necessarily, hypocrits.:smitten: Thanks for the effort, I appreciate it.

Crush it's own "creation"? Hmmm, I'll leave it for another day :coffee:

Welcome, I hope we will see you as a member we can all learn much from.:tup:

Back
Top Bottom