What's new

Pakistan minimum wage increased from Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000.

Pakistan minimum wage increased from Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000.

Good news i guess.

How is the minimum wage given out, like a minimum per week or month or per hour?

How is the minimum wage given out, like a minimum per week or month or per hour?

Per month. This is minimum for unskilled worker in textile factory for exemple. But it also depends on region, in some areas unskilled workers are paid more then minimum of 12,000.

Please correct 12000 for 26 working days....

I will upload 2014 notification in this month....in 2013 notification it is mention 10,000 for 26 days

Good news to marginal organized workers in Pakistan. :) I am still curious about how many are in the unorganized sector...
It's dismal in India for example.

Good news to marginal organized workers in Pakistan. :) I am still curious about how many are in the unorganized sector...
It's dismal in India for example.
Only those working in registered enterprises get 12000. There are countless who are still working under 12000 in unregistered enterprises and/or on daily wages.

do all these people have tax deducted from income? Since they work for registered companies.

do all these people have tax deducted from income? Since they work for registered companies.
No, since the annualized income for 12000 (144K) falls below taxable income ( upto 400K annually)

Hm, still they should charge, like 2%. I used to make very little money but still paid tax.

No they shouldn't. There's a difference between one of the many working members of a family making 12,000 and the only bread winner in the family making 12,000.

No they shouldn't. There's a difference between one of the many working members of a family making 12,000 and the only bread winner in the family making 12,000.
Many people in Pakistan live off very low wages. 220 rupees in tax is nothing. It's like 7 rupees a day. Make it 1% if you will, 3.5 rupees a day. I used to pay 10-15%.

The gov't can use the money to improve quality of life or public transportation or offer free education. The 3.5 rupees can do little to man for his day, but collectively, it can do a lot good with the help of gov't.

It's 2 days worth of meal for minimum wage workers. The largest percentage of tax is being held up by our elites and corporations, that's where the focus should be rather than pressurizing the lowest end bracket.
The amount I paid could help me eat in a restaurant for a 2-4 weeks! Yes I'd not be feeding family, just myself.

Small amount makes large amount. The elite here also pay no tax, they've off shore accounts. The elites will always run away. This doesn't mean we close our hands and not ask for a % of tax from poor.

True it is a days roti, but if there are a million poor Pakistanis, that's $1m in taxes gov't collects every month. Can you imagine what $1m can do every single month vs a days roti for a poor person?

I agree rich should be taxed, but so shall be poor. Because there are always 'poorer,' so where do we stop with tax collection? It's just my media and it's what I've learned in west and have come to accept. I used to cry foul over tax I paid but when I multiply it with how much gov't gets, I can picture what gov't can do with such large amount.

We're a small population nation with only a few billionares, yet we can afford F-35s, because power of small tax collection by large numbers of poor people like me.

If you want to know how poor I'm, well, i can't afford my phone bill.

Back
Top Bottom