What's new

Pakistan military won’t take budget cuts easily, even for Covid: Ayesha Siddiqa

My village is more likely to donate for buying ammo to increase headshot counts of rss military than to give it to any relief fund. Gotta live upto peoples expectations, you know this how democracy works.

Godspeed to our military then. People want them to whack high caste nazis across the line of actual control

She regularly hangs around that fateh guy. But I do agree that we shouldn't stoop down to the level of Indian online propaganda nuts
Well they should try their luck then. It's kinda stupid to boast about courage when best your Army can do is to send some rag tag young guys in here.

Pakistan ka itna budget bhi le rahe ho aur bhej rahe ho mujahideen ko. Aur bahaduri ka tamgha bhi chahiye. Aise kaise chalega. :D

Agreed.

Yes, these pieces anger us and even I have to refrain from knee-jerk abusive responses at times, but abusive responses offer nothing in way of countering this propaganda and make us look bad.

We have to learn to comprehend the arguments better and point out flaws and where authors such as her resort to unsubstantiated speculation. The entire piece is largely speculation but you could, for example, point out the fact that there is NOTHING to support the main premise behind her piece that 'the Army wants to repeal the 18th amendment to get more resources'.

The fact is the Federal Government has been struggling for several years to deal with a smaller share of the revenue pie, especially with all the debt piled up by the previous governments (which is requiring yet more debt to deal with). This is a complicated issue and not confined to implications for just the Army.

EUN3clQUMAIPki_.jpg

One picture says it all..
Sad I used to value her pre-2005 ... Now she is gone complete bonkers...

Well they should try their luck then. It's kinda stupid to boast about courage when best your Army can do is to send some rag tag young guys in here.

Pakistan ka itna budget bhi le rahe ho aur bhej rahe ho mujahideen ko. Aur bahaduri ka tamgha bhi chahiye. Aise kaise chalega. :D

Its people's desire to volunteer for the cause.that also saves our military to gear up for the final call but meanwhile they still giving the high caste nazis sweeeeeeet helllll on regular basis.

Pakistani a gy :D

lol, i suggest you wake up kid....you don't have to read Pakistani sources,just use Indian media outlets to read about BAT.....enough said

Indian defence budget was reduced even this year as a percentage of gdp. It increased only in absolute number not against gdp.
The impact of corona virus will be more visible on next budget when it will get reduced further for sure.
Pakistan, on the other hand , is consistently increasing it's defence budget as portion of gdp. So don't shoot the messenger. She is right here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawn.com/news/amp/1552802

Pak budget is nowhere near India. Just like Israel, we are a tiny country surrounded by enemies that wish to exterminate us and push us into the sea .

Pak military budget is a matter of life and death.

lol, i suggest you wake up kid....you don't have to read Pakistani sources,just use Indian media outlets to read about BAT.....enough said
Lol Grandpa. Dont you think that's too high a cost for 4% of gdp . But if that keeps you happy, your army will be more than happy to do it. One of the highest defence budget as proportion of gdp and satisfied with random BATs. Nice. Expected better from Grandpas but nice.

Pak budget is nowhere near India. Just like Israel, we are a tiny country surrounded by enemies that wish to exterminate us and push us into the sea .

Pak military budget is a matter of life and death.
Well that's what your army feeds you. Unlike Israel, you weren't attacked by a cluster of your neighbors. It was just the opposite. You were on the offense. May be to make all those budget rises seem legit.

Lol Grandpa. Dont you think that's too high a cost for 4% of gdp . But if that keeps you happy, your army will be more than happy to do it. One of the highest defence budget as proportion of gdp and satisfied with random BATs. Nice. Expected better from Grandpas but nice.

Well that's what your army feeds you. Unlike Israel, you weren't attacked by a cluster of your neighbors. It was just the opposite. You were on the offense. May be to make all those budget rises seem legit.
yh!! i was kind of expecting a lame response from your end as such....No worried kid, all is forgiven here ..you may proceed with the thread

No body has a licence to declare her who-re bittch, traitor, Indian mouth peace or else. It's an opinion, and we should have a capacity to bear and respect others opinion too.
PDF ki awam ka hal daikh ker afsoos hota hai.

"Opinion" about what? Is this a matter discussed within the power corridors of Pakistan? Is GOP contemplating about the reduction in military expenses? Any nation worth its salt with big military expressed its desire to cut the military budget? Is it even an issue to begin with to start giving "opinons" about by any Tom, dick and harry?

The armed forces did take a cut on procurement, not only due to COVID, but because of many issues over the past decade. If not for the carnage of the WOT, corruption of 10 years, MNS' BoP-apocalypse, a poorly negotiated CPEC, and now COVID, the military would have bought much, much more by now.

No state has been as artificially capped from its inherent potential as Pakistan.

What is left with the Federation after share of provinces, almost all of it is consumed by the debts interests and repayments.
How Pakistan supposed to survive without any money left for anything else, not only the Defence.
I clearly mentioned that Foreign Policy/services and commitments, health, education etc.
The last two should be provincial issues, but we saw how Sind had behaved in recent COVID-19 response.
And how much help had to be provided by the Federation to poor and for effective response to COVID-19.

Sind for years have done no audit of its budgets and accounts. Nobody knows where the money is going.
We all know the fake bank accounts issue. There is no doubt that nothing is right in Sind for years.

Pakistan wasn't created for thieves and crooks to loot it forever. The Provinces have to devolve the powers and distribute the money to council levels with fully audit of the money.

18th was created purposefully by PPP and PMLN to loot Pakistan, it has to go. There is no other choice whatsoever.

yh!! i was kind of expecting a lame response from your end as such....No worried kid, all is forgiven here ..you may proceed with the thread
I appreciate the forgiving nature of this place. This i wont deny of course. Formally joined this place after 3 years of being a silent spectator.

About the topic, its a war of narratives. If our army took so much , we would demand more. But its alright. You be happy with your narrative but do listen to that woman who wrote that article. Khuda Hafiz.

"Opinion" about what? Is this a matter discussed within the power corridors of Pakistan? Is GOP contemplating about the reduction in military expenses? Any nation worth its salt with big military expressed its desire to cut the military budget? Is it even an issue to begin with to start giving "opinons" about by any Tom, dick and harry?
The issue is, these issues get undue importance, when people discuss them too much.

What is left with the Federation after share of provinces, almost all of it is consumed by the debts interests and repayments.
How Pakistan supposed to survive without any money left for anything else, not only the Defence.
I clearly mentioned that Foreign Policy/services and commitments, health, education etc.
The last two should be provincial issues, but we saw how Sind had behaved in recent COVID-19 response.
And how much help had to be provided by the Federation to poor and for effective response to COVID-19.

Sind for years have done no audit of its budgets and accounts. Nobody knows where the money is going.
We all know the fake bank accounts issue. There is no doubt that nothing is right in Sind for years.

Pakistan wasn't created for thieves and crooks to loot it forever. The Provinces have to devolve the powers and distribute the money to council levels with fully audit of the money.

18th was created purposefully by PPP and PMLN to loot Pakistan, it has to go. There is no other choice whatsoever.
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom