What's new

Pakistan Military Multimedia

AK-1, doing deep fording.
IMG_20220107_211812.jpg
IMG_20220107_211837.jpg
IMG_20220107_211900.jpg
IMG_20220107_211917.jpg

View attachment 806017

Brig Hazur Hasnain SJ&Bar was the greatest soldier the Pakistan Army has known. In fact no soldier has ever come up to even his shoulders. Shorter than average in height, he was a giant among men. Born on 27 November 1936 in UP, he migrated to Pakistan and was educated in Hyderabad. Joined PMA in 1957 he went on to bag all three awards, The Sword of honour, Norman Gold medal and silver spurs. Commissioned in 15 Baloch, he joined the SSG later and in the 65 War was dropped behind enemy lines. Was surrounded but fought his way back and for his heroism was awarded Sitara e Jurat. In the 71 War in erstwhile East Pakistan, he was a Company Commander. For his remarkable courage once again, he was awarded Bar to his SJ. In the POW camp, his indomitable spirit compelled him to make an escape attempt during which he was shot. After repatriation, raised 15 Baloch. His life was cut short as Allah willed, as his plane crashed on way back from Parachinar in July 1980.

Among other distinctions, he was the most competent officer of the Pakistan Army, as according to records he had the highest Officers Efficiency Index (OEI) at that time.

If I could live another life, I would live the short cut life as Allah willed same as of Brig Hazur Hasnain SJ&Bar.

View attachment 806017

Brig Hazur Hasnain SJ&Bar was the greatest soldier the Pakistan Army has known. In fact no soldier has ever come up to even his shoulders. Shorter than average in height, he was a giant among men. Born on 27 November 1936 in UP, he migrated to Pakistan and was educated in Hyderabad. Joined PMA in 1957 he went on to bag all three awards, The Sword of honour, Norman Gold medal and silver spurs. Commissioned in 15 Baloch, he joined the SSG later and in the 65 War was dropped behind enemy lines. Was surrounded but fought his way back and for his heroism was awarded Sitara e Jurat. In the 71 War in erstwhile East Pakistan, he was a Company Commander. For his remarkable courage once again, he was awarded Bar to his SJ. In the POW camp, his indomitable spirit compelled him to make an escape attempt during which he was shot. After repatriation, raised 15 Baloch. His life was cut short as Allah willed, as his plane crashed on way back from Parachinar in July 1980.

Among other distinctions, he was the most competent officer of the Pakistan Army, as according to records he had the highest Officers Efficiency Index (OEI) at that time.
Thanks for posting. Brig. Hazur Husnain was indeed a fantastic officer and another one of my father's very close friends from their time @ Cherat/Attock Fort. The SSG mission that he was part of to attack the Indian airfield was led by my father and they both got separated from their stick upon landing. While my father was captured after a firefight, Hazur Hasnain was able to exfiltrate back with some men and along the way captured an Indian Army jeep and a couple of Indian jawans (for his boldness and presence of mind, he was rightfully awarded SJ). His wife was a close friend of my mother's. If I recall correctly, his son also served in the Army.

Thanks for posting. Brig. Hazur Husnain was indeed a fantastic officer and another one of my father's very close friends from their time @ Cherat/Attock Fort. The SSG mission that he was part of to attack the Indian airfield was led by my father and they both got separated from their stick upon landing. While my father was captured after a firefight, Hazur Hasnain was able to exfiltrate back with some men and along the way captured an Indian Army jeep and a couple of Indian jawans (for his boldness and presence of mind, he was rightfully awarded SJ). His wife was a close friend of my mother's. If I recall correctly, his son also served in the Army.
So, if I am not wrong, you are the son of Capt Hassan Iftikhar?...

Last edited:
Thanks for posting.
A few more:
Note the foreign cadets even back then in 1958/59 from Ghana (the photographer was pretty cheeky in getting both of the African cadets exactly aligned with 3rd slot in from both sides :-)) and Jordan. My father in the center, seated. Second one is in front of the captured Qaiser-e-hind fort near Ferozepur with his 22 Field Regiment Artillery where he was 2IC in the unit during the 71 war.
The Indians, to their credit, put up stout resistance and it took over 18 hours to capture the fort. In addition to artillery, it required armour support to register direct hits on some of the positions in the fort. Some six artillery regiments in all, including heavy artillery, were deployed to support the brigade size attack. And all the regiments, including 22 Fd Regt, were kept busy firing for the entire duration of the attack with almost every gun firing approx. 100 rounds which is pretty significant (evidence of the pounding received on the walls of the fort behind).

1641739533745.png

1641739429381.png

1641742563939.jpeg

Gen. Ayub Khan CMLA addresses the press with Deputy CMLA / Secretary General Aziz Ahmed and Col Majeed Malik, October 8, 1958

Gen. Yahya Khan and DG Radio Pakistan Z. A. Bokhari at the back.

...and in the third row, standing 6th from left is Brigadier Tariq Mehmood ( T M), SSG.
second row, standing 4th from right is General (later COAS) Abdul Waheed Kakar.
Yes, correct. Also Huzoor Husnain was a course mate of TM's as they both passed out with 20 LC with HH topping the course.
View attachment 807445
Air Commodore Zafar Masud, Air Commodore F S Hussain and Air Marshal Rahim Khan at a briefing
FS Hussain is another PAF legend and unfortunately not many know about him. Like many other very able officers, his life was also cut short prematurely.

I quote this from an Indian website just to give the members a view of the quality of FS Hussain when it came to flying:

"In April 1949 Flt Lt F S Hussain won the first position in the Pilot Attack Instructors Course at Central Gunnery School at Leconfield, UK. He also set a commonwealth record in air-to-air shooting. The Commandant of the Central Gunnery School had this to say about him, “This officer who is member of the Royal Pakistan Air Force, for combat flying is outstanding in every way. He achieved the finest result in the air experienced in the Central Gunnery School Leconfield, England." F S Hussain also had a unique honor to perform solo aerobatics at the Coronation Ceremony of Queen Elizabeth II. His daredevil performance at the ceremony enthralled the large crowd and rendered them awe struck until the end of the ceremony. After witnessing the heroics of young F S Hussain in aerobatics, Air chief Marshal Lord Tedder, the then C-In-C of RAF said “A generation of pilots is yet to be born, who will try to achieve the standards already perfected by Flt Lt F S Hussain of the RPAF."

At the national level, F S Hussain was a flying genius. As a young Flying Officer, he participated in the first aerial display of RPAF on the first Pakistan Day of the young nation at Lahore on 21st March 1948. F S Hussain was star of the show and stole the hearts of young nation with his daredevil maneuvers. It was breathtaking, often heart stopping, recklessness with which he used to do a slow roll or an inverted run literally at treetop height. On 15 August 1950, as air display was held in PAF Base Drigh Road (Now Faisal) in aid for the RPAF Benevolent Fund, this stunning air display, the first of its kind at the then capital Karachi, was also witnessed by the Prime Minister and his cabinet along with 150,000 people. The entire crowd was mesmerized to see the flying genius in action. One of the best items of the air display was the amazing aerobatics by a Fury Fighter, piloted by Flt Lt F S Hussain who dived at 450MPH, rolled at precariously low attitude, and then climbed with his aircraft upside down.

In Nov 1951, F S Hussain took over as Sqn commander of No 5 Sqn and on 12 Feb 1952 received the Perry Keene Inter Sqn Armament Trophy from C-in-C AVM L W Cannon. F S Hussain was also among the pioneering pilots who played a key role in the induction of PAF's first jet aircraft, the Attacker. He was commander of the team that was tasked to ferry the three brand new Attackers from UK to Pakistan. It was a great challenge, which F S Hussain accomplished with great professionalism. F S Hussain once again shot to frame on 22 Dec 1956 when he enthralled the Karachi crowd with his trademark slow roll and inverted pull up at low level.

The great leader of China, Mr. Chou en Lai who was on an official visit to Pakistan for the first tie witnessed those dazzling aerobatics. The premier was so fascinated that he requested the President of Pakistan to meet F S Hussain in person to admire his heroics. 2nd Feb 1958 was a red-letter day in the history of PAF. On this momentous day, for the first time a formation of 16 fighters (F-86 Sabres) performed a loop during an air display held at Mauripur in honor of King Zahir Shah.

In Recognition of the great services rendered by F S Hussain, he was honored with the prestigious command of PAF Base, Mauripur (now Masroor) in 1961. Towards the end of his illustrious career, Air Cdre F S Hussain was serving as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff training at AHQ. The legend breathed his last on 9th April 1969 and was laid to rest at Lahore with full military honors."

Last edited:
No one in their right mind will ever criticize Pakistan Army jawans. I don’t want to derail the thread but if you don’t know why the generals are criticize by now than pointless to say anything. Not always good to write one liners to get reaction. Politics shouldn’t be dragged in everything.
Liberal, if despite spending time on a defence forum you haven't realised that Generals come up from junior officers, they aren't appointed Generals in their mommys wills, than its pointless for you to stay on.

Back
Top Bottom