What's new

Pakistan Military Multimedia

1609641853142.png

Any idea about the white missile placed near the target drone?
No idea but somewhat similar to AGM-84E SLAM land attack version but I find no reference of its presence in PAF ...
OK find it, it is also Matra R.530 [click here], but here is question as per open source info we have phase out these from PAF yet we are seeing these on display at Sep 6, 2019, therefor I am still confuse about their operational status.

OK find it, it is also Matra R.530 [click here], but here is question as per open source info we have phase out these from PAF yet we are seeing these on display at Sep 6, 2019, therefor I am still confuse about their operational status.
A uniformed guy manning the stall clarified that the weapon was just there for exhibition purpose. Not deployed.

View attachment 702859

My daughter posing in front of a Matra BVR missile
Thanks for posting. This photo is the negation of all the Indian talk (to this day) that PAF did not have a BVR counter for the IAF during the Kargil conflict. The R-530Ds have been in service since late 80s. This, in addition to AIM-9 Limas, were a fairly potent counter for then compared to what the IAF was fielding.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. This photo is the negation of all the Indian talk (to this day) that PAF did not have a BVR counter for the IAF during the Kargil conflict. The R-530Ds have been in service since late 80s. This, in addition to AIM-9 Limas, were a fairly potent counter for then compared to what the IAF was fielding.
Sir i believe there's some confusion here, PAF had the earlier MATRA R-530 in it's inventory since 70s as it was used in the 1971 war, not sure if PAF does actually field the 530 D version as it's said to be compactible with only Mirage-2000.

can you plz share date at which this pic was taken and the event.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) , @JamD I thin in the background new target drone by PAC is on display and REK as well
I don't think it's that target drone. For reference:
1609767842520.png

had a V-tail and an intake on top. The orange craft in the background of the picture looks different. Perhaps the design has evolved into this. However, I suspect this is an entirely different off-the-shelf system.

Back
Top Bottom