What's new

Pakistan may study other fighter options as US asks Pakistan to make full payment for F-16 purchase

So SU-35 may be possible..if proper diplomacy is done, but Typhoon seems way out of reach.
Nothing is out of our reach ,we build the bomb that was like going to Mars at that time .SU35 is a complex sourcing and so is the Typhoon as with the Typhon we can induct it but it will be 1 to 1 against Rafale what we need is some thing that can take care of IAF latest threats 1 against 2 sort of

SU 35 is even new platform for PAF but it will give some energy to it.
OR expensive option might be Typhoon in small number 18-24 to deal with rival's Rafale.

Let me ask you, do think the Indian HAL Tejas is a match to your F-16? if you said no. Then you are simply a hypocrite.
Why don't you first reply to this:
To Replace 150 F-7P with new and Better Platform
He did replied to your question, nothing more to add?
You conveniently ignored that fact that he have answered and countered your argument and decided to jumped to a new "supposition" . It is quite clear what your intentions are. Such attitude wont do you much good. Kindly please refrain from such "arguments for the sake of argument" these eventually derail the thread. I assure you that all your questions have been properly replied to by @Muhammad Omar and others, that is, if you were actually asking them to get answers.

Here is the deal:
* Russian economy shrank 50% and there is no better time to milk Russian for their Hardware and technology than now.
* Saudis want Assad gone and Yemen secured.
* Saudi's are spending $50 Billion on their military yet unable to do anything in Syria crisis.
* Indian Pakistan already existing conventional arms gap is rapidly increasing.
* Pakistan needs serious money.
* GCC is willing to pay > World/Russia is willing to sell > Pakistan got the expertise to help GCC.

Let Russians know, multi-billion dollar order for Jets and Air-defense system awaits them if they let Assad go. Russians already ditched Iranians so many times on S-300 due to Israeli and western pressure that it wouldn't anymore surprise to them. Assad support and Syria showoff is nothing more than ego boost for little Putin. Show him the money and he will melt.

Once Russia backs-off, Assad might step down on his own. If not, drop few Babur and neutralized his military. Let west and Arab worried about the democratic process. Collect your cash from GCC and get on a shopping spree. Iranian might cry for a little while but they bring no value to us in this game.

After skimming thorough this thread, everything again and again comes down to $$ money $$. So this is the Deal.^^^
I am sorry to say this sir but i have yet to come across a more absurd solution to this money problem. We are not mercenaries!
It is nothing personal, dont take it like this but what you said, i don't think it get more childish then that.

Sorry if i hurt your feelings.

YEAH.png

• 270 Million dollar could be invested in Program for J-31
  • We can Just purchase 40 Sukhoi-35 or J10c in future budget

No intention to diminish relations with Pakistan: US

WASHINGTON: The United States has ‘absolutely no intention’ of diminishing its relationship with Pakistan in any way, says the US State Department.

At the Tuesday news briefing, the department’s spokesman refused to criticise Pakistan for saying that it would look for other options if a deal for buying eight F-16 fighter jets from the United States fails.

“These are sovereign decisions that nations make with respect to their defence needs, and it’s up to Pakistan to speak to how they’ll fulfil their defence needs,” said spokesman John Kirby when asked if Pakistan bought fighter jets from China, would it strain its relations with the United States.

“As for the relationship, as I’ve said many, many times, it’s an important one. It’s critical; it’s vital in that — particularly in that part of the world; and it’s a relationship we have absolutely no intention of losing focus on or diminishing in any way,” he said. “But these are obviously sovereign decisions that Pakistan has to make,” he added.

State Dept spokesman refuses to criticise Pakistan over F-16 deal comments
When another reporter reminded him that a Pakistani minister had described the US aid to Pakistan as “peanuts,” Mr Kirby said: “I would just simply say that, again, it’s an important relationship. We’re going to continue to support that relationship”.

The official defended the assistance that the United States has provided to Pakistan despite a strong opposition from certain lobbies in Congress.

“We fully stand behind the kinds of support that we have provided to Pakistan over the last many years with respect specifically to their counterterrorism capabilities and counterterrorism needs,” he said. “And we’re going to continue to look for ways to improve that cooperation as best we can”.

Lol... 8 sub on soft loan as usual from China. ... one you'll see the news about Pakistan not able to pay the interests.... how many loans would you guys take ??
Loans and debt is a crucial part of a country; even the richest countries have debts. Pakistan's debt is very low compared to countries of the same size and strength.

Pakistan is easily capable enough to purchase 8 F-16s ; it just depends whether they are worth it or not.

yes keeping all eggs in one basket is always risky. But F 16 is indeed a nice platform.

Why don't you first reply to this:

I did, read my first comment on page 43, here it is in case you are lazy :

"Pakistani people are fooled with their JF-17, your air force is still trying to acquire F-16's, but you still think your Jf-17 is *even* a match for it? it doesn't even compare to the F-16, they're not of the same class, JF-17 should compared with India's LCA or Taiwan's IDF. Your air force prefers the F-16 and considers it the high-tech component of their inventory, JF-17 is the medium-tech component"

I am sorry to say this sir but i have yet to come across a more absurd solution to this money problem. We are not mercenaries!
It is nothing personal, dont take it like this but what you said, i don't think it get more childish then that.

Sorry if i hurt your feelings.
Of course not, we are just helping our friends to dispose off a ruthless dictator. It's a just cause to began with. Instead of GCC paying $100 billion to US, Pakistan can do it for much less. During first Gulf war, US defense companies charged Gulf countries 3 to 8 times the price for each nut and bolt they used in the war. There is nothing childish about it, that how the world works.
What amuses me, people say we are not mercenary!! But they are fine when mockery is made out of Pakistan for few million dollars Aid money every year or even worst, beg countries to loan them defense equipment. Seriously..!!!

well last time checked we did it before ... when Salala Incident happen , its our land and we can stop US shipment to pass through our routes .. and US can't do Sh!t about it like in Past ..
its called Business , and if Pakistan feel that US and India is siding Pakistan in the corner , than we will be forced to block the routes for US forces in Afghanistan , say bye bye to Afghan peace process and Talks with Taliban , which will lead US to utter humiliation when they leave Afghanistan ..

That was in the past, when US had tens of thousands of troops in Afghanistan. And even when Pakistan did shut down the transit route, US had alternatives. Still does.

Go ahead and close the route. That's a lot of capital to expend for eight F-16s.
Of course not, we are just helping our friends to dispose off a ruthless dictator. It's a just cause to began with. Instead of GCC paying $100 billion to US, Pakistan can do it for much less. During first Gulf war, US defense companies charged Gulf countries 3 to 8 times the price for each nut and bolt they used in the war. There is nothing childish about it, that how the world works.
What amuses me, people say we are not mercenary!! But they are fine when mockery is made out of Pakistan for few million dollars Aid money every year or even worst, beg countries to loan them defense equipment. Seriously..!!!

This would really upset both the Iranians and Russians. Do you really want them to get closer to India?

That was in the past, when US had tens of thousands of troops in Afghanistan. And even when Pakistan did shut down the transit route, US had alternatives. Still does.

Go ahead and close the route. That's a lot of capital to expend for eight F-16s.

US always have alternative routes , they have it even at the times of Salala , but still they have to apologize ..
and I am 90% sure that they will release those planes after some bitching ..
but I want them to cancel the deal

The only beneficial route for Pak Air Force is to invest heavily on jf17 program and do not induct j10, new f16s, or su35....rather wait and go for j20 or j31 whichever is available....it should also induct 2nd hand f16s and upgrade it if it is a requirement....

US always have alternative routes , they have it even at the times of Salala , but still they have to apologize ..
and I am 90% sure that they will release those planes after some bitching ..
but I want them to cancel the deal

Congress made it clear it won't subsidize the F-16s. If Pakistan wants to cancel the deal just say "No" and walk away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom