What's new

Pakistan may study other fighter options as US asks Pakistan to make full payment for F-16 purchase

Pakistani people are fooled with their JF-17, your air force is still trying to acquire F-16's, but you still think your Jf-17 is *even* a match for it? it doesn't even compare to the F-16, they're not of the same class, JF-17 should compared with India's LCA or Taiwan's IDF. Your air force prefers the F-16 and considers it the high-tech component of their inventory, JF-17 is the medium-tech component.

Since when J10 become mature'd according to ?
It first flew in 1998 and was commissioned in 2003. That is a lot of time to consider it mature especially when it has been extensively upgraded.

Hi,

I think that in its new found euphoria---hindustan is forgetting where it is located----. It still has to live next to china and pakistan---that cannot change.

The U S has adopted a very strange confrontational policy---it is basically the Born again christian groupd waiting for the messiah----.

That is why---I strongly proposed to the pakistani military to have gone in and killed Osama Bin Laden in afghanistan before the invasion---but as usual---didn't listen or didn't get the messge.

Joining forums like BRICS, Shanghai pact will ensure China and India can find a middle path. They have the cash but need somewhere to park it, we need infrastructure it could be a win win situation if we play our cards right. Why not take action now on groups like JEM, LET and the Haqqani network? granting India MFN status would be a good step to improve ties aa we already gave it to you.

Hello All
Well my take on this whole F16 love story is very different, Today Pakistan is almost 180 degrees apart from 90s
Our youth , and public (civil society ) much more aware and having interests in Our country Policies , I don't know about you guys and girls but I even meet with a Riksha driver who was cursing USA and PAF for F16 even he was saying about "China Jahaz J10" ,
Pressure is building on all parts of Govt (civil or Military ) People want them to preform and people want there accountability , Believe me PAF 's officials are under pressure they know people will ask questions about there flair and now they just cant run and hide behind uniform or only media takings (we buy this, we looking that , JF17 hai NA , etc etc) , and all credit goes to Gen Raheel .
Time requires them to show some visible action and I am having a feeling now J10 is coming (only option) ,
J10 D with Pakistani upgrades is the only option and our response for USA and India, lol Indian don't know what they did ,Advance J10 made in Pakistan with all upgrades will surly beats F16 block 60 and almost equal to latest F1 V,, My pray is let this deal of F16 go in drains , so we can have our own bird less expensive and no strings attached .
Now for me the way for PAF or the Future ,

1, JF17 block 3 up to 150
JF 17 Block 4 (minimum Gripen NG level) 150(real monster Malty role)
2, J10D up to Pakistani standards 200 birds ( true interceptor and bomber)
3, J11 Yes in few years China will sell them to us , try best to have TOT on them And Thank you India And USA for that(there alliance will force China lol)
4, J31 medium 5th Gen , Put money into this project make sure we have it with tot or as JV , If we can make it happen till 2025 that will be great , Build 150 of them replace all F16s (by , by uncle SAM)
5, TFX from Turkey is best way to have western heavy 5th Gen ,, Just talk with them make sure we join them in this ,
6, As soon as economy grow and we have achieved option 1 and 2 and 3 then USA and Europe will sell there top birds and equm to us then if we have to Buy some 4.5++ lol

Note: JF17 and J10 are most to have both advance birds good in different operation types and we need them to counter IAF numbers (Never allow ratio to grow 2:3 2 PAF , 3 IAF)
And for all those who thinks JF17 and J31 are the only birds we need , they have to open there eyes and let this dream go or they are living in worlds of Fools (sorry to say)

Thank you all and sorry for mistakes

Pakistan will acquire jets from elsewhere if the United States (US) does not arrange funding for a previously agreed upon F-16 fighter jet sale, Sartaj Aziz, the prime minister's adviser on foreign affairs, cautioned the US as both countries lock horns over the purchase of the jets.

"If funding is arranged, Pakistan will get the F-16s, otherwise we will opt for jets from some other place," Aziz said, without clarifying which jets he was referring to and where they would be bought from.

Aziz elaborated the US administration has given its consent for the sale of F-16s, and the only hurdle is finances.

The US gives Pakistan $265 million as part of foreign military assistance, in previous years it was $300 million. The amount received is split between the three branches of the armed forces. Pakistan Air Force's (PAF) share is $80 million, which they had allocated for the last three years to buy the jets, added Aziz.

"The funding we received was part of normal military funding received from US, and not specifically meant for the purchase of F-16s. The US has informed us that we can use the funds for purchase of other military equipment and items, but not F-16s."

Pakistan had earlier reached an understanding with the US for buying eight F-16 planes. Under the deal, Pakistan was required to pay about $270m from its national funds. The US was supposed to provide the rest from its Foreign Military Financing (FMF) fund.

But at a congressional hearing, US lawmakers last Wednesday made it clear that they would not allow the Obama administration to use US funds for the deal.

Last Friday, a State Department official told Dawn that Congress had placed a hold on the deal, forbidding the administration from using US funds for enabling Pakistan to buy the planes.

And on Monday afternoon, the department confirmed that Pakistan will have to use its own funds if it wants the planes.

The latest announcement practically kills the deal as Pakistan may find it difficult to buy the planes at two and a half times more than the agreed price.

Aziz said Pakistan valued the F-16s for their effectiveness, but said that they could be replaced by JF-17 Thunder jets in its anti-terrorism campaign.

The adviser also expressed concern over India's growing military power and said if it isn't checked, Pakistan will be "forced to increase its strategic power" too.

"The international community should avoid steps which may disturb the strategic balance in South Asia", Aziz warned.

Aziz reiterated the government's resistance towards handing Dr Shakeel Afridi over to American authorities.

"We have rejected American pressure on Pakistan regarding Afridi, who helped the US trace Osama bin Laden. For the US he is a hero but for Pakistan he is a criminal," he stated.

Afridi's case is under review by a tribunal, and he is also suspected of links with terrorist organisations, Aziz added.

The adviser also confirmed that an Afghan Taliban delegation from Doha is in Islamabad for exploratory contacts and such contacts are maintained by all members of the Quadrilateral Coordination Group which consists of the US, China, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Last week, the Afghan Taliban's spokesperson in Doha formally confirmed that a delegation from their political office in Qatar was visiting Pakistan and promised “fruitful results”, but rejected the impression that the group was there to discuss participation in peace talks with Kabul.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1256000

Hello All
Well my take on this whole F16 love story is very different, Today Pakistan is almost 180 degrees apart from 90s
Our youth , and public (civil society ) much more aware and having interests in Our country Policies , I don't know about you guys and girls but I even meet with a Riksha driver who was cursing USA and PAF for F16 even he was saying about "China Jahaz J10" ,
Pressure is building on all parts of Govt (civil or Military ) People want them to preform and people want there accountability , Believe me PAF 's officials are under pressure they know people will ask questions about there flair and now they just cant run and hide behind uniform or only media takings (we buy this, we looking that , JF17 hai NA , etc etc) , and all credit goes to Gen Raheel .
Time requires them to show some visible action and I am having a feeling now J10 is coming (only option) ,
J10 D with Pakistani upgrades is the only option and our response for USA and India, lol Indian don't know what they did ,Advance J10 made in Pakistan with all upgrades will surly beats F16 block 60 and almost equal to latest F1 V,, My pray is let this deal of F16 go in drains , so we can have our own bird less expensive and no strings attached .
Now for me the way for PAF or the Future ,

1, JF17 block 3 up to 150
JF 17 Block 4 (minimum Gripen NG level) 150(real monster Malty role)
2, J10D up to Pakistani standards 200 birds ( true interceptor and bomber)
3, J11 Yes in few years China will sell them to us , try best to have TOT on them And Thank you India And USA for that(there alliance will force China lol)
4, J31 medium 5th Gen , Put money into this project make sure we have it with tot or as JV , If we can make it happen till 2025 that will be great , Build 150 of them replace all F16s (by , by uncle SAM)
5, TFX from Turkey is best way to have western heavy 5th Gen ,, Just talk with them make sure we join them in this ,
6, As soon as economy grow and we have achieved option 1 and 2 and 3 then USA and Europe will sell there top birds and equm to us then if we have to Buy some 4.5++ lol

Note: JF17 and J10 are most to have both advance birds good in different operation types and we need them to counter IAF numbers (Never allow ratio to grow 2:3 2 PAF , 3 IAF)
And for all those who thinks JF17 and J31 are the only birds we need , they have to open there eyes and let this dream go or they are living in worlds of Fools (sorry to say)

Thank you all and sorry for mistakes

How much?

Then what do we do? aisy he hath main hath rakh kar or internet forums pr apni frustrations nikaalty rahain?

kya karain phir, koi pakka solution ha ap kay pas?

baby steps!!
We need to start somewhere,, lets start from our self. Rather then going directly to THE HIGHEST seat in our country, the PM why don't we start small? Start from our self.

The truth my friend is that we as a nation are corrupt now, we need to correct that first and correct our self first before we start demanding for good leaders. This is the ideal solution in my opinion and as with most of other ideal scenarios, it might not be very practical!!

A practical one will be that government starts taking at least diplomacy and foreign policy seriously. The army keep the government of the situation and keep sorting out things in the best interest of Pak but the GOV will need to act on that info. We need to take the opportunity and build on our relations with Russia. Plus there are a LOT of other countries that we never bothered about but need to work on our relations with them too.

Anyway,, we are already off topic and we will keep going further away so lets leave this for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistani people are fooled with their JF-17, your air force is still trying to acquire F-16's, but you still think your Jf-17 is *even* a match for it? it doesn't even compare to the F-16, they're not of the same class, JF-17 should compared with India's LCA or Taiwan's IDF. Your air force prefers the F-16 and considers it the high-tech component of their inventory, JF-17 is the medium-tech component.

HAhahahaha We are still adding and Making JF-17 Sir

Does that refrain to add any other Platform??

HAhahahaha We are still adding and Making JF-17 Sir

Does that refrain to add any other Platform??

Look at the reason why you are making it... and why the project started in the first place... maybe then you will know the answer.by yourself.

Last edited:
Going to a new platform is no easy task we will have to setup an entire infrastructure for that and from what i remember j10 was rejected for future fc 31 deal

it's also not a difficult one
Either Pay 700 million Dollars for 8 jets or add new one in couple of Billion

Let me ask you, do think the Indian HAL Tejas is a match to your F-16? if you said no. Then you are simply a hypocrite.

Hahaha ok F-16 MLU which is (equal to block 50) is inferior to Super hypa powa LCA 5 gen ++++++ and is equal to F-22 raptor ok Happy

We are not looking for j10 in the long run fc 31 is our main goal which we will induct by 2020 at best so going for a different platform when jf17 is evolving would be costly decision we will have too many platforms by 2020

Jf 17 will be our light fighter,f16 our mid range and fc 31 will be our top dog if you another one in the mix you end up adding extra cost for maintainence,over hauling and what not of a platform we may not buy in the future

The Production of J-31 will start in 2024 it's not coming before that

Refrain from getting personal pls. These are not my words.
According to genAhmed shuja pasha then isi head,
He quoted a US intelligence officer as saying “you are so cheap... we can buy you with a visa,” and said himself that systemic failures showed Pakistan was a “failing state”.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1023972

American can think or say whatever they want, however , there are many instances where Indian RAW agents have defected to America for the promise of better future. There was one just recently. You want me to send you some links?

Nothing personal here. Just watch your words carefully as they may come to bite on your backside.

How much?
if you asking about money that will not be a problem , we are not buying or making every thing tomorrow lol,
Just say if we start this year J10 easily take 4 years so they will be out in 2020 for mass production , J31 will take 10 years minimum that make the date 2025 so we will going to have time and money for those birds , actually its better this way it cost us less per year and in the end whole program (like J10 J31 )will be cheaper and cost effective , And with luck if we sell some birds that will be extra bonus.
Even IAF understand this if you look at what they are doing(every new bird make in India) , there make in India them will safe them lot of money in the long run and they can make or made as many birds they want with out any strings attach to them (only thing they are not allowed to sell those birds , My guess) .

It is Better to spend those extra 400n$$$$ or all 700m$$$$ or (271m$$$ which we are paying) for setting up infrastructure of J10 building Factory in Pakistan .
Thank you all

Back
Top Bottom