What's new

Pakistan makes it to the Top Five denim manufacturers in Asia

Nothing like good old fashioned Murrikan design and beauty:

1589540898_956b236b4a_o.jpg

Jordache - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
mashallah

Our products do export worldwide but not with made in Pakistan tags. My mamu used to supply denim for export, he toldme about all the products leaving here marked with made in Honduras, Dominican Rep, etc etc tags because of the shitty image our country has.

so the importer are so ullo ke pathey they dont know which country has the LC for imports and where is it coming from.
We used to have these kind of childish conversation in high school too.

so the importer are so ullo ke pathey they dont know which country has the LC for imports and where is it coming from.
We used to have these kind of childish conversation in high school too.

Their are pretty much 4 middle men involved. let's take the example of GAP. They arent stupid enough to be involved directly, no one would. A big company needs to have the plausible deniability standing at all costs. The smallest middle man is in source of material( origination ). He sells the cloth to middleman 2. This middle mean buys the cloth from middleman1 (mm1) and imports it to usually Sri Lanka. Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia are in this race as well. India has everything from cotton to finished product within itself. MM2 gives this semi raw cloth to MM3 who processes/washes ( certain weave standards ) and sells it to MM2 or he processes himself. Now at this stage the product is made and exported to the middleman incharge( back to mm3 or forwarded). Here comes the mm4 in it's place. This company is in contact with big names who hire the services of mm4 ( or another front mm5).

This is how they wrap themselves up in legal plausible deniability. Shit man i would do the same, this is just business tactics. The bigger the company the more protection.

Importers know whats happening most of the time, they just dont care as long as the profits increase and they get off scott free.

Our products do export worldwide but not with made in Pakistan tags. My mamu used to supply denim for export, he toldme about all the products leaving here marked with made in Honduras, Dominican Rep, etc etc tags because of the shitty image our country has.

has nothing to do with image at all..if it did then why would Walmart (the largest americaN retailer) offer several products made in Pakistan and with made in Pakistan label

it has to do with raw goods being exported as non-value-added....and then those recipients re-exporting them as value added goods

has nothing to do with image at all..if it did then why would Walmart (the largest americaN retailer) offer several products made in Pakistan and with made in Pakistan label

it has to do with raw goods being exported as non-value-added....and then those recipients re-exporting them as value added goods

Walmart isnt name brand, its a cheap outlet with large variety of cheaap goods. You cannot compare Walmart to second tier 'designer' outlets like GAP, Guess, etc etc.

Walmart target audience is not fashion conscious. It's target audience is for cheap disposable goods. Country of origin is not an issue with them, unless media pressure gets to them. As was the case of B'desh building collapse and the subsequent fallout on them.

Walmart isnt name brand, its a cheap outlet with large variety of cheaap goods. You cannot compare Walmart to second tier 'designer' outlets like GAP, Guess, etc etc.

Old Navy, Dockers, JC Penny, Tommy Hilfiger (among many others) are name brands and all of them receive many Pakistan-made/origin goods

Walmart target audience is not fashion conscious. It's target audience is for cheap disposable goods. Country of origin is not an issue with them, unless media pressure gets to them. As was the case of B'desh building collapse and the subsequent fallout on them.

i was responding to your point and saying that "made in Pakistan" tags are not removed b/c of the country's image...such is not the case at all

Old Navy, Dockers, JC Penny, Tommy Hilfiger (among many others) are name brands and all of them receive many Pakistan-made/origin goods

i was responding to your point and saying that "made in Pakistan" tags are not removed b/c of the country's image...such is not the case at all

That is the case from my uncle, it may not be as much of an issue now as much as it used to be when he exported. I guess. Though made in Pak towels are hot stuff in US.

Back
Top Bottom