What's new

Pakistan-made smart bomb Takbir grabs world’s attention

does Takbir mean "Glorify god" and you say Allah Akbar a few times?? :undecided:

'Takbir' is the term used for the Arabic phrase "Allahu Akbar" meaning "God is the Greatest". You only say "Allahu Akbar" after it if the word 'Takbir' is said as a call for it. Like when someone says "three cheers" and its followed by "hip hip hooray". The phrase itself is used in many different connotations; from a war cry to expressing wonderment.

takbir also means destiny right?

That's 'takdir'.

KARACHI: Pakistan-made smart bomb Takbir has grabbed the attention of visitors at the IDEAS 2014 at the Expo Centre Karachi.

Pakistan Air Force’s Zubair Iqbal Malik said the bomb had the capacity to hit accurately its target within only seven seconds. It can be launched from a fighter aircraft.

As soon as it is launched its wings appear and dodging the hurdles in its way it hits the target with 250 kg explosive material. It has a range of 80 to 100 kilometers.

Pakistan-made smart bomb Takbir grabs world’s attention | The News Tribe

This part is weird. Any member care to explain? True? no? @Oscar

This overhype is commonly practice in military circles in Pakistan, I think they feel they are the only smart people in the country.

This was a standoff weapon as for as I know. Whats smart about it ?

2 such air launched weapons were seen .. Mofa2000 and some other weapon when some arab dignitary visited PAC.. Unfortunately I can't find those pics.

Oh sorry i thought you were saying Mother F&&&er

2 such air launched weapons were seen .. Mofa2000 and some other weapon when some arab dignitary visited PAC.. Unfortunately I can't find those pics.

Sir jee, it was MOFA 200 which is a fuze... the name of the PGM was written in urdu on it. Something 500 and was unreadable. It was being shown to Jordanian delegation...

Back
Top Bottom