What's new

Pakistan Leads South Asia in Innovation Efficiency

So basically you're saying that "The Economic Times" (a reliable Indian source) is lying:

India moves up to No.9 on global Innovation Efficiency Index - The Economic Times

No.. Economic times is not lying.. However, statistics without interpretation is nothing. Please read my previous post on why Pakistan's rank 4 is a bad thing. I will give you another example

Lets say that numbers for 2011 show that the population growth rate in an overpopulated country has decreased by 100 basis points. In isolation the stats look pretty good. However if another number shows that while the population growth rate has dropped, the birth rate has remained constant, then the drop in growth rate is actually a bad thing since that means that the death rate has gone up.

Similarly if you look at the trend, the increase in Innovation efficiency ratio (innovation output/resources available for innovation) of Pakistan is as much due to decrease in the resources available for innovation as it is due to increase in innovation output. As a matter of fact if the innovation Input measures for Pakistan had stayed same between 2010 and 2011 (instead of decreasing by 15%), Pakistan would have ranked closer to number 15 or so on that index..

From the global innovation index report page 40:

Untitled2-4.png

http://www.globalinnovationindex.org/gii/GII COMPLETE_PRINTWEB.pdf
Now according to your this post you are only compering the efficiency part and other then that do you see any other parameter.
I.e. Innovative output, input. And other.
Thus is only efficiency is enough to help pakistan economy to bounce back, or you need all those parameters to determine actual position and work need to be done.

There nothing written abt Pakistan in the blog. How can it be more ranking than Afghanistan, forget abt India.

Yeah how it can have more ranking than Afghanistan since Bharat is already competing with it. Pakistan is ahead than both of them in this innovation efficiency index.;)

So basically you're saying that "The Economic Times" (a reliable Indian source) is lying:

India moves up to No.9 on global Innovation Efficiency Index - The Economic Times

Great work Bilal. You nailed the kid. :lol:

This is cherry picking to satisfy some one.

What sense does it make in saying I won a single battle though I agree you finally won the war ?

Lol what is this list where countries like Nigeria are leading.

It's the same list that Economic Times of India trumpets as follows: India moves up to No.9 on global Innovation Efficiency Index

NEW DELHI: India has improved its ranking in the global Innovation Efficiency Index to 9th position in 2011 from 101th last year on factors like political stability, R&D, market and business sophistication, according to a study.

Surprisingly, Pakistan was placed ahead of India at 4th position, the CII-INSEAD study said.

However, India has slipped on its ranking in the Global Innovation Index to 62nd position out of 125 countries in 2011 from 56th last year while Switzerland was at the top,

India moves up to No.9 on global Innovation Efficiency Index - Economic Times

It's the same list that Economic Times of India trumpets as follows: India moves up to No.9 on global Innovation Efficiency Index

NEW DELHI: India has improved its ranking in the global Innovation Efficiency Index to 9th position in 2011 from 101th last year on factors like political stability, R&D, market and business sophistication, according to a study.

Surprisingly, Pakistan was placed ahead of India at 4th position, the CII-INSEAD study said.

However, India has slipped on its ranking in the Global Innovation Index to 62nd position out of 125 countries in 2011 from 56th last year while Switzerland was at the top,

India moves up to No.9 on global Innovation Efficiency Index - Economic Times

its duty of newspaper to post news but citizens of the respective country should not party for anything...i know Paistan needs some good news desperately but this piece of sh!t is not worth any attention, i mean Nigeria is leading and it does only talks about potential, something which every pakistani talk about like "we have the potential to be next japan and :blah:". making them true requires proper implementation of knowledge acquired from reputed organisation/institute which is not presnt in pakistan at the moment.

let the few Pakistanis get satisfied.... they have the habit of seeing the things in isolation.

Wow great list. Nigeria is ahead of China. I don't see USA, germeny in top 10 list.

If the USA was ahead on this list, there would be no cost arbitrage, no outsourcing to India or any other third world nation, and there would be no Indian code coolies.

India's IT sector business is essentially driven by low-cost call centers, first-line tech support, simple repetitive code writing, and execution of pre-defined test suites. A typical Indian IT worker is increasingly being called a "cyber coolie" or sometimes a "code coolie", the former term having been coined by an astute Indian columnist Praful Bidwai back in 2003.

Haq's Musings: Indian IT Sweatshops Exploiting Cyber Coolies?

Back
Top Bottom