What's new

Pakistan Launches Final Drive on Taliban Bastion

Pakistan Military also needs to create a local force to fight the Taliban should they return once the Military moves out.

Like a heavily armed local militia.

the people from bajaur claimed few years back the majority of villages destroyed in the operation had no support for the militants.

Source please?

Pakistan Military also needs to create a local force to fight the Taliban should they return once the Military moves out.

Like a heavily armed local militia.

Isn't this how we got into this mess in the first place? A heavily armed militia to safeguard our regional interests in Afghanistan, a heavily armed militia to keep Kashmir engaged?

Isn't this how we got into this mess in the first place? A heavily armed militia to safeguard our regional interests in Afghanistan, a heavily armed militia to keep Kashmir engaged?

Just declare me King and get it over with; I will protect all of you - My loyal subjects ! :smokin:

But I'm partial to using Sethis as either bait or canon fodder ! :whistle:

On a side note - You talked about the FC becoming an Elite Paramilitary force - Are they now like the US Army Rangers ? A Special Force but not 'special forces' in the sense of the SSG or the US Marines etc. but rather a battled hardened, resourceful and resilient light infantry force.

A little like the 101st Airborne of the US from WW2 from the Battle of Bastogne without the airborne element or perhaps a little like the French Foreign Legion ?

On a side note - You talked about the FC becoming an Elite Paramilitary force - Are they now like the US Army Rangers ? A Special Force but not 'special forces' in the sense of the SSG or the US Marines etc. but rather a battled hardened, resourceful and resilient light infantry force.

A little like the 101st Airborne of the US from WW2 from the Battle of Bastogne without the airborne element or perhaps a little like the French Foreign Legion ?

I wouldn't draw that comparison owing to the complete dissimilarity in roles that either formations are meant to play and also on how they reached their current position. I called the FC an Elite Counterterrorism Paramilitary Force because we have invested a lot into it over the last 8 or so years. We have hiked up their pay, improved recruitment standards, gave them modern weapons and vehicles, made them train under SSG for unconventional operations, gave them new gears as for the battlefield experience, they were already getting a lot of that. The result was a complete overhaul of the FC. From peddling hash at the border and boasting a 60% desertion rate, the FC was turned around into the fighting force that essentially sped up our victory in the war by several years. They knew the terrain, they knew the people, all they needed was to be given the necessary tools and training to fight and when they got it, boy did they fight.

I wouldn't draw that comparison owing to the complete dissimilarity in roles that either formations are meant to play and also on how they reached their current position. I called the FC an Elite Counterterrorism Paramilitary Force because we have invested a lot into it over the last 8 or so years. We have hiked up their pay, improved recruitment standards, gave them modern weapons and vehicles, made them train under SSG for unconventional operations, gave them new gears as for the battlefield experience, they were already getting a lot of that. The result was a complete overhaul of the FC. From peddling hash at the border and boasting a 60% desertion rate, the FC was turned around into the fighting force that essentially sped up our victory in the war by several years. They knew the terrain, they knew the people, all they needed was to be given the necessary tools and training to fight and when they got it, boy did they fight.

No comment about my Kingship and my digs at the Sethis ? :(

Yeah but we can't keep a heavy military presence in that region forever. Local people are the solution. A Tribal Militia that is lead, armed and trained by Pakistani Military will keep peace in that region.

Yeah but we can't keep a heavy military presence in that region forever. Local people are the solution. A Tribal Militia that is lead, armed and trained by Pakistani Military will keep peace in that region.

That's what FC is. Recruitment from local population is encouraged. They stay in that area and fight to keep it secure. What is it that you are proposing and can not be achieved through FC?

I don't need to, considering everyone disagrees with you. You literally have zero sense of logic.
that's because in this forum most of the people read distorted version of history as most of the school kids in pakistan and believe every word of the statement from ISPR. accepting the truth is really most difficult job

that's because in this forum most of the people read distorted version of history as most of the school kids in pakistan and believe every word of the statement from ISPR. accepting the truth is really most difficult job
Just like you believe the ISPR narrative that Shawal valley have been completely cleared of civilians. funny how the world works.

Just like you believe the ISPR narrative that Shawal valley have been completely cleared of civilians. funny how the world works.
i told you before first visit these places, get your facts straight and then comment.

i told you before first visit these places, get your facts straight and then comment.
You have zero idea what you're talking about. Presenting you with logical factual information has not worked, I doubt anything I say or do will change that opinion of yours.

You have zero idea what you're talking about. Presenting you with logical factual information has not worked, I doubt anything I say or do will change that opinion of yours.
because you are grossly wrong. sitting abroad and talking about pak. any way i am tired of your stubbornness. keep on day dreaming.

because you are grossly wrong. sitting abroad and talking about pak. any way i am tired of your stubbornness. keep on day dreaming.
I'm not the only one saying this, almost everyone but you agrees with me. I'm not the one being stubborn here, you are.

Give me one example of where I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom